Trans eligibility rules for girls sports.

In what meaningful way is an unmedicated trans XY athlete any different from an unmedicated cis XY athlete?

On the pitch, I don’t see any difference at all between the two people.

We have all sorts of evidence that being XY confers a very large advantage. Do you have any evidence that being trans confers a significant disadvantage? Or has any effect at all?

Just to be fair, I did a google search for "mental health impact of entitled Karen not winning a trophy", but all I came up with was a link to an article about how some slow but entitled girl in Connecticut got destroyed on the track and then in the courtroom.

Team sports participation, depression, and suicidal ideation in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning adolescents - LaRocca - Psychology in the Schools - Wiley Online Library

"For transgender students, participation in three or more team sports was associated with reduced likelihood of depression and participation in two or three or more team sports was associated with reduced likelihood of suicidal ideation. These findings indicate that team sports participation in LGBTQ youth is similarly associated with mental health benefits as heterosexual and cisgender youth. As LGBTQ youth experience disproportionate rates of depression and suicidality compared to heterosexual and cisgender youth, increased team sports participation may offer important mental health benefits. The data from this analysis thereby support the importance of inclusive team sports environments for LGBTQ youth.
Consistent with current evidence (Johnson et al., 2017; Mereish & Poteat, 2015), however, our findings also demonstrate that fewer LGBTQ youth participate in team sports than their heterosexual and cisgender counterparts. Recent evidence indicates that people identifying as LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and those who are sexuality and gender diverse) experience significant discrimination and exclusion in sport at all levels (Denison et al., 2020)."

This is where you admit that you don't care how many trans kids need to die for your athletically-challenged daughter to finally get that kiddie soccer trophy that you have wanted for so long. It is just that important.

Response coming: I didn't read any of that because someone called someone else a transphobe 5 posts above. I can't be bothered to consider the well being of others while my ego has been bruised by name calling.

Response coming: I didn't read any of that because someone called someone else a transphobe 5 posts above. I can't be bothered to consider the well being of others while my ego has been bruised by name calling.

They must feel really good about themselves given that they only want to exclude trans kids from sports despite the fact that their god said it's totally cool to stone them to death.

In what meaningful way is an unmedicated trans XY athlete any different from an unmedicated cis XY athlete?

On the pitch, I don’t see any difference at all between the two people.

We have all sorts of evidence that being XY confers a very large advantage. Do you have any evidence that being trans confers a significant disadvantage? Or has any effect at all?
Wow I thought you were the big science guy?

Hypothesis: Given that the trans kid is likely afraid someone like you might deem the kid "obvious", that trans kid is likely not in the weight room bulking up with my cis son (who as an 8th grader somehow wormed his way into the high school weight room).

Whether or not it is in fact true is something that can be measured. I'm unaware of anyone ever having done it, but I have refereed two games with MTF trans athletes on. I can most assuredly tell you they were not your typical male. One was actually probably the worst player on the team. Is it possible you get some really high performer like a Caitlyn Jenner?yes. But it's also just as likely, particularly among those that are transitioning very early and came to the realization early, that they are somehow different. The Chicago piece I posted earlier, where they take a holistic approach to placement, seems to support this.

You've committed bad science by making assumptions about your data sets. But considering how the entire COVID thing went, and your math models in that context, I'm not really at all surprised.

We don't need any science to figure out that two usernames on here need a private room - possibly a single.

Wow, I am shocked that you and your transphobic friends have such serious sexual hang-ups. It's a miracle that none of you are freaking out about your daughters getting raped in the bathroom and seeing trans women's schlongs in the locker room.

Team sports participation, depression, and suicidal ideation in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning adolescents - LaRocca - Psychology in the Schools - Wiley Online Library

"For transgender students, participation in three or more team sports was associated with reduced likelihood of depression and participation in two or three or more team sports was associated with reduced likelihood of suicidal ideation. These findings indicate that team sports participation in LGBTQ youth is similarly associated with mental health benefits as heterosexual and cisgender youth. As LGBTQ youth experience disproportionate rates of depression and suicidality compared to heterosexual and cisgender youth, increased team sports participation may offer important mental health benefits. The data from this analysis thereby support the importance of inclusive team sports environments for LGBTQ youth.
Consistent with current evidence (Johnson et al., 2017; Mereish & Poteat, 2015), however, our findings also demonstrate that fewer LGBTQ youth participate in team sports than their heterosexual and cisgender counterparts. Recent evidence indicates that people identifying as LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and those who are sexuality and gender diverse) experience significant discrimination and exclusion in sport at all levels (Denison et al., 2020)."

This is where you admit that you don't care how many trans kids need to die for your athletically-challenged daughter to finally get that kiddie soccer trophy that you have wanted for so long. It is just that important.
Did you read the article? It found no statistically significant effect between sports participation and suicidal ideation among LGBTQ youth. Their conclusion is the opposite of what you claimed.

My bet is that sports are protective for all groups, but the study was underpowered to study small subgroups like LGBTQ.

Kind of moot for this discussion. The paper never looked at whether the sports effect is different depending on the gender of the team you join. Boys teams, girls teams, and co-ed teams were assumed to have the same effect.

If anything, the paper makes a solid argument that we should stop prioritizing varsity above intramural and rec teams. Sports are protective, so let's make sports accessible to more people.

Wow, I am shocked that you and your transphobic friends have such serious sexual hang-ups. It's a miracle that none of you are freaking out about your daughters getting raped in the bathroom and seeing trans women's schlongs in the locker room.
The thought of that turns you on, doesn't it? You are such a Pedo.

They must feel really good about themselves given that they only want to exclude trans kids from sports despite the fact that their god said it's totally cool to stone them to death.
Hmmm, been away for awhile. Is @SurFutbol the reincarnation of someone previously banned? (EOTL) Anyway, let me introduce myself.

So, humans in the US are not allowed to buy Alcohol or Cigarettes til the age of 21 becuase they lack the capacity to understand the consequences of those decisions. HOWEVER, they can choose to cut off their penis or boobs at the age of 14 and are encouraged to do so by Medicare and Politicians who in fact profit off of these procedures through lobbying and insurance.

Has anyone here ever looked at an insurance bill, for like an ankle brace or knee brace. Your Ortho will charge insurance $300 for a $50 brace. I could go on and on.

And let me be clear, nothing against the trans community after the age 18. At that point you are an adult but I consider parents who allow and encourage surgery before age 18 to be child abusers. If you don't know what you want to do in life, then you shouldn't be choosing what make believe gender you are.

Lastly, in my reading up, people like @SurFutbol are the ones who will yell, kick, scream and insult when they might be losing a point. See above. Taking a low blow at Christians AND Muslims which make up 55% of the world. Can't remember the last time I saw any Christian or Muslim in the US stoning a trans nor have I seen it condoned. I guess you prefer Sam Smith and Kim Petrus prancing around like the Devil and its worshippers and everything the Devil's morals stand for.

More later.

I don’t care what end. Create more Co-ed opportunities. The funny thing about that is that ot will just backfire. For anyone who has participated in co-ed sports, you know there is a certain regulation for how many females must play and be on a team. You know why? Because males teams made with only one female dominate the teams that have five or six females.

Stop trying to break things that aren’t broken for the sake of peoples feelings. Understand the consequences and to why there are consequences to actions.

“You want to transition? Ok, just know that you will not be able to play in girls sports BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN A MALE. Sorry but you can’t change that. You will have to continue playing with the boys. Why? Because it is the wrong choice based on everything we know about science, even if your as coordinated as a baby giraffe. Sorry, but these are the unfortunate facts. Your choice. You will have many many more choices like this in your future, many of those will likely hurt your feelings even more. So please get used to it now. As you know, you live in this world and THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU AND YOUR DECISIONS. It would be selfish for you to believe that and I would be a horrible parent for letting you believe that.”

Deal with it.

@SurFutbol

Hmmm, been away for awhile. Is @SurFutbol the reincarnation of someone previously banned? (EOTL) Anyway, let me introduce myself.

So, humans in the US are not allowed to buy Alcohol or Cigarettes til the age of 21 becuase they lack the capacity to understand the consequences of those decisions. HOWEVER, they can choose to cut off their penis or boobs at the age of 14 and are encouraged to do so by Medicare and Politicians who in fact profit off of these procedures through lobbying and insurance.

Has anyone here ever looked at an insurance bill, for like an ankle brace or knee brace. Your Ortho will charge insurance $300 for a $50 brace. I could go on and on.

And let me be clear, nothing against the trans community after the age 18. At that point you are an adult but I consider parents who allow and encourage surgery before age 18 to be child abusers. If you don't know what you want to do in life, then you shouldn't be choosing what make believe gender you are.

Lastly, in my reading up, people like @SurFutbol are the ones who will yell, kick, scream and insult when they might be losing a point. See above. Taking a low blow at Christians AND Muslims which make up 55% of the world. Can't remember the last time I saw any Christian or Muslim in the US stoning a trans nor have I seen it condoned. I guess you prefer Sam Smith and Kim Petrus prancing around like the Devil and its worshippers and everything the Devil's morals stand for.

More later.
Welcome back Mars. Based on all your posts, your a fair minded papa and a true American. I look forward to hearing more points of view from the great @MARsSPEED. I feel bad for singers who just want to sing. What one has to do in order to be a pro singer is insane. You are forced to watch and support the worship of Satan. CBS news called "worship time" and the who worship service was sponsored by a drug company that makes the jabs. We have SF going low once again. This is insane to watch unfold by I did warn you a few years ago that this would happen. I just didn't know how and I still don't. Were in the Mother of all wars and Mother Nature is not happy.

More later.

None of this has anything to do with letting trans children play soccer. Despite all the transphobic bs about "cutting off penises", that is not required for children. Is your point with this that you just hate trans people?

Did you read the article? It found no statistically significant effect between sports participation and suicidal ideation among LGBTQ youth. Their conclusion is the opposite of what you claimed.

My bet is that sports are protective for all groups, but the study was underpowered to study small subgroups like LGBTQ.

Kind of moot for this discussion. The paper never looked at whether the sports effect is different depending on the gender of the team you join. Boys teams, girls teams, and co-ed teams were assumed to have the same effect.

If anything, the paper makes a solid argument that we should stop prioritizing varsity above intramural and rec teams. Sports are protective, so let's make sports accessible to more people.

I can't help those who can't read. I actually quoted the article for you. The articles I quoted were also pretty clear that transgender participation in youth sports is much lower due to the bullying and harassment they face participating with their own gender. You are clearly just a transphobic clown, and not amount of definitive proof or studies will ever result in you getting over your hatred of trans children. That is a common issue with religious folk.

More later.

You haven't seen trans people murdered because you haven't looked and you also don't care. You are seriously claiming that you pay $300 for a brace because a couple trans kids got gender affirming care? Last time I checked, gender affirming care costs a lot less to "society" than having to deal with the costs of having children because of "Christians" blocking access to contraceptive care and then abortions.

Hey, at least you admit your god makes you hate trans people, which presumably means you also hate gay people. This is where you roll out your bs "We love everyone, so please ignore us when we take away their civil rights."

Thank you for coming. I am really glad we have another transphobe who is willing to just come right out and tell everyone how much they hate trans people.

Just the type of trans person I want sharing a locker room...

This one looks like he/she is VERY mentally stable. You'll notice no peircings in the beginning along with a normal voice.

It is a very common tactic of transphobes to show a few tweets of trans people they don't like for the purpose of insinuating that they're all scary and immoral.

Honestly, it is pretty crazy that you're scared of trans people given how frequently cis men routinely rape girls in school bathrooms. I'm sure you rationalize all the cis male teachers and coaches who have raped little girls by trying to lump them into one "sexually deviant" category that includes trans and gay people. But the reality is that your daughters who are terrible at soccer have far more to worry about in the school locker room (or anywhere) from your kind than from a trans child.

It is so great to have people like you here to help make it very clear why it is so important to continue protecting trans children.

Welcome back Mars. Based on all your posts, your a fair minded papa and a true American. I look forward to hearing more points of view from the great @MARsSPEED. I feel bad for singers who just want to sing. What one has to do in order to be a pro singer is insane. You are forced to watch and support the worship of Satan. CBS news called "worship time" and the who worship service was sponsored by a drug company that makes the jabs. We have SF going low once again. This is insane to watch unfold by I did warn you a few years ago that this would happen. I just didn't know how and I still don't. Were in the Mother of all wars and Mother Nature is not happy.

This makes a lot of sense.

I can't help those who can't read. I actually quoted the article for you. The articles I quoted were also pretty clear that transgender participation in youth sports is much lower due to the bullying and harassment they face participating with their own gender. You are clearly just a transphobic clown, and not amount of definitive proof or studies will ever result in you getting over your hatred of trans children. That is a common issue with religious folk.
Do you need me to find the part that says the study could not establish any link between sports participation and LGBTQ suicidal inclinations?

Sentence three in conclusions:

“ For LGBQ students, team sports participation at any level was associated with reduced likelihood of depression but did not affect the likelihood of suicidal ideation. “.

Now, as I said, it looks more like an underpowered study than proof that there is no association. The most likely case is that sports are protective for both gay and straight kids, against both depression and suicide, and to similar degrees.

Not that you care. You seem mostly interested in using the high suicide rate to make your political case for you.

Do you need me to find the part that says the study could not establish any link between sports participation and LGBTQ suicidal inclinations?

Sentence three in conclusions:

“ For LGBQ students, team sports participation at any level was associated with reduced likelihood of depression but did not affect the likelihood of suicidal ideation. “.

Now, as I said, it looks more like an underpowered study than proof that there is no association. The most likely case is that sports are protective for both gay and straight kids, against both depression and suicide, and to similar degrees.

Not that you care. You seem mostly interested in using the high suicide rate to make your political case for you.

Uh, you think that highlighting the half of a sentence that you like will cause people not to read the half that expressly contradicts your point? Here, let me fix it for you: "For LGBQ students, team sports participation at any level was associated with reduced likelihood of depression but did not affect the likelihood of suicidal ideation. Of course, you also intentionally omitted the next sentence which was specific to transgender students and expressly stated that participation in a least two team sports was associated with reduced likelihood of suicidal ideation.

You know you're intentionally lying here, we all know it, but that is what transphobes need to do because they just don't have any good arguments to support their position. You really should keep your little princess out of bathrooms and locker rooms....

Back