How’s the 2023-24 season going?

AI does not have feelings, even when the human types with emotion. I like you way up because you write with passion, and you share personal experience.
Likewise brother! While I love this experience, it is exhausting, stressful, and expensive. This forum really does help me relieve my stress. I'm sure most of us in this club soccer circus are semi crazy competitive and are easy to manipulate, so us parents have to have a plan and stick to it.

Likewise brother! While I love this experience, it is exhausting, stressful, and expensive. This forum really does help me relieve my stress. I'm sure most of us in this club soccer circus are semi crazy competitive and are easy to manipulate, so us parents have to have a plan and stick to it.
Sure does. Love sipping my morning coffee while reading the threads.

The original post was a video of the goal and defenders near the shooter (looks like the video becomes a still when posted here FYI)
I see. Well then if he thinks he knows what the fundamentals of defending are he should inform the coach. He needs to settle this with coach if he has an issue. Wether this means he leaves or stays with team who knows.

I would be beyond pissed if the defender were my kid and some dad of another player on my kid’s team was posting video clips from the championship game criticising my kid’s D (especially in a 1-0 game, but the score doesn’t matter).
I tried checking the IG account it seems like a private account posted on a private story. So this is not for public view. Bunch of sour grapes all up on here trying to create turmoil out of nothing.

Criticizing any player like that on social media is extremely disappointing. There is enough pressure at these playoffs. The last thing any young athlete or parent needs to see is something like this. We all talk, but using social media like this is very sad.
This is the problem with this country. Everyone is so damn sensitive and can’t take some good ole constructive criticism anymore. Everyone tries to give their own spin on things without understanding the true nature of the criticism. I follow the user & the criticism is aimed towards trainers and coaches that are not teaching kids the fundamentals of the game. Based on previous posts on the same subject matter. Everyone is worried about catching that nutmeg and posting it on social media meanwhile the people that truly care about the development of our youth are pointing out the details on what we are missing as coaches and trainers when developing our youth. Many trainers and coaches in the 🇺🇸 major in the minor things. Meanwhile in Europe and in South American they teach kids the true fundamentals on how to play and fall in love with the game. People are so worried about skills & technique with the ball but they fail to recognize that it’s not about falling in love with the ball but about falling in love in how to tactically play the game in the correct manner.

Last edited:
This is the problem with this country. Everyone is so damn sensitive and can’t take some good ole constructive criticism anymore. Everyone tries to give their own spin on things without understanding the true nature of the criticism. I follow the user & the criticism is aimed towards trainers and coaches that are not teaching kids the fundamentals of the game. Based on previous posts on the same subject matter. Everyone is worried about catching that nutmeg and posting it on social media meanwhile the people that truly care about the development of our youth are pointing out the details on what we are missing as coaches and trainers when developing our youth. Many trainers and coaches major in the minor things. Meanwhile in Europe and in South American they teach kids the true fundamentals on how to play and fall in love with the game. People are so worried about skills & technique with the ball but they fail to recognize that it’s not about falling in love with the ball but about falling in love in how to tactically play the game in the correct manner.

That's fine and dandy, but a parent just used social media to criticize their kid's team mate on social media. Parents should not talk to kids on the field nor directly criticize on social media. This parent should have the guts to go and say what you are saying above to the coach rather than bully a young lady on social media. The parent is not the coach and also may be wrong. Parents are not coaches! This picture opens the door for every parent on the team to attack other players on social media. That's a great idea for building team chemistry!

That's fine and dandy, but a parent just used social media to criticize their kid's team mate on social media. Parents should not talk to kids on the field nor directly criticize on social media. This parent should have the guts to go and say what you are saying above to the coach rather than bully a young lady on social media. The parent is not the coach and also may be wrong. Parents are not coaches! This picture opens the door for every parent on the team to attack other players on social media. That's a great idea for building team chemistry!
You have to recall this is a private account and if anyone is sharing or taking screen shots from this private account it’s an invasion of privacy. By the way he just text me that he would never share anything on social media without send it to the coach first. So the coach is fully aware. I can ask for a receipt of that if you want me to.

This is the problem with this country. Everyone is so damn sensitive and can’t take some good ole constructive criticism anymore. Everyone tries to give their own spin on things without understanding the true nature of the criticism. I follow the user & the criticism is aimed towards trainers and coaches that are not teaching kids the fundamentals of the game. Based on previous posts on the same subject matter. Everyone is worried about catching that nutmeg and posting it on social media meanwhile the people that truly care about the development of our youth are pointing out the details on what we are missing as coaches and trainers when developing our youth. Many trainers and coaches in the 🇺🇸 major in the minor things. Meanwhile in Europe and in South American they teach kids the true fundamentals on how to play and fall in love with the game. People are so worried about skills & technique with the ball but they fail to recognize that it’s not about falling in love with the ball but about falling in love in how to tactically play the game in the correct manner.
@Luis Andres I've lost count. How many teams have you personally caused problems on now and how many DOC's have told you to not come around?

You have to recall this is a private account and if anyone is sharing or taking screen shots from this private account it’s an invasion of privacy. By the way he just text me that he would never share anything on social media without send it to the coach first. So the coach is fully aware. I can ask for a receipt of that if you want me to.
Not so private anymore if it's there for people (friends) to see... IMO.

You have to recall this is a private account and if anyone is sharing or taking screen shots from this private account it’s an invasion of privacy.
The fact that it's being talked about here and screen shots are posted, is exactly the reason why sharing things like these electronically - even if they were at one time intended to be somewhat private - is not a smart move. It doesn't matter what permission or clearance the original poster thought they had.

Back