How’s the 2023-24 season going?

I had some downtime this am so I watched the game. I couldn’t find the second half from the ecnl website but after searching I found it. If you type koge or legends on the search it pops up both halves in 2 different window frames. Not sure why they broke it off like that. Seems like they played the game in 2 fields anybody know why? Also the second half recording is not all that great and it seems like ecnl messed it all up but you are still able to get the just & feel for the game.

I would agree with @Avocados that legends had the better chances first half. They looked good in transition while Koge dominated the set plays. 2nd half was much better for koge as they had more shots on frame including their goal. Legends seem to tire out at the end while koge kept driving. Koge high pressed while Legends sat back to look for transitions while countering. Great game overall. It was a great defensive battle.
there were bees in the goal

Del Mar Sharks are now in the Legends Family. Wow, Legends is on fire and now in the Surf's back door. Legends of Sharks FC?
I don't think Surf is fearful of whatever the Del Mar organization wants to call itself. The saying that comes to mind is 'If you build it (a well managed club) they will come (the players you want)'. I think if Del Mar can get its act together, it is a greater threat to the other good clubs in the area, ala City and SDSC Surf. Competition is good and as I have said on this board, the more the better for Surf. One of the reasons that SoCal Soccer rules on the girls side nationally is the level of competition day in and day out. I find teams that are ranked very high in other parts of the country is that they blow out teams in their area and get a false sense of their quality. Then they go to the national tournament and see real quality. Surf has tried to bring Del Mar into its realm of influence only to be rebuffed by mammoth egos there. Based on their quality since then, it would appear to have been a bad decision, but maybe this effort will help them. It's even worse on the boys side there.

I don't think Surf is fearful of whatever the Del Mar organization wants to call itself. The saying that comes to mind is 'If you build it (a well managed club) they will come (the players you want)'. I think if Del Mar can get its act together, it is a greater threat to the other good clubs in the area, ala City and SDSC Surf. Competition is good and as I have said on this board, the more the better for Surf. One of the reasons that SoCal Soccer rules on the girls side nationally is the level of competition day in and day out. I find teams that are ranked very high in other parts of the country is that they blow out teams in their area and get a false sense of their quality. Then they go to the national tournament and see real quality. Surf has tried to bring Del Mar into its realm of influence only to be rebuffed by mammoth egos there. Based on their quality since then, it would appear to have been a bad decision, but maybe this effort will help them. It's even worse on the boys side there.
Surf tried to bring Blues & Strikers to their soccer family as well. Legends SD will hurt everyone's B team or bench players, moo.

Nobody from City is going to Sharks now. If leadership, coaching, and fields don't change/improve nobody is going to go to LegendsSD in the future no matter what they call the club.

Nobody from City is going to Sharks now. If leadership, coaching, and fields don't change/improve nobody is going to go to LegendsSD in the future no matter what they call the club.
I don’t disagree. My statement was if they get their act together. They won’t because they wan’t to be like surf and that isn’t a possibility because they will never have the leadership that is willing do go against the “community” to do the things necessary. I think City will continue to be the best option for quality players that aren’t good enough for Surf or just don’t want to play for Surf. (Meaning they are good enough)

On the boys side, they chose an ex 1st Div. Player from England to manage the boys side and although he understands old English football, he is a horrible judge of other coaches and their boy coaches go through the inevitable revolving door. The key to success in youth soccer is #1&#2, coaches and fields (I don’t know which is more important but they are both huge) and then a board that understands how to run a business to be sustainable long term.

I don’t disagree. My statement was if they get their act together. They won’t because they wan’t to be like surf and that isn’t a possibility because they will never have the leadership that is willing do go against the “community” to do the things necessary. I think City will continue to be the best option for quality players that aren’t good enough for Surf or just don’t want to play for Surf. (Meaning they are good enough)

On the boys side, they chose an ex 1st Div. Player from England to manage the boys side and although he understands old English football, he is a horrible judge of other coaches and their boy coaches go through the inevitable revolving door. The key to success in youth soccer is #1&#2, coaches and fields (I don’t know which is more important but they are both huge) and then a board that understands how to run a business to be sustainable long term.
#2 is a huge deal and really makes a difference. Blues still hasn't recovered from loosing their Ranch. Surf will continue to dominate the SoCal landscape as far as #2 as their location is amazing and then having NWSL train at the same location is untouchable.

Back