How’s the 2023-24 season going?

"The true champions are those who make the most of every opportunity"

The lesson to be learned from the ECNL playoffs is that true champions are distinguished by their ability to turn challenges into opportunities and maximize their potential within the given framework. In the high-stakes environment of the playoffs, every decision and action can make a difference. Success is achieved not just by talent, but by strategic thinking, adaptability, and making the most of every opportunity presented. Just like professional sports ;) The purpose of the Playoffs & Finals.

This is true, but is it a positive experience for girls under 16 years old? All I hear about is burn out, too much pressure, and girls quitting, because soccer isn't fun anymore. Some are wired different for sure, but I really wonder just how valuable playoffs are. I'm not convinced they mean diddly squat in the long run other than for the parents?

Ask yourself this. Would you rather your athletic, talented daughter win a national playoff title or show up to their first team training with her newly adjusted ECNL Squad smiling from ear to ear? Sure, some can do both, but we wouldn't constantly hear about burn out and lack of fun if this was the case, so if you had to choose one and couldn't choose both, which would you pick?

Then ask yourself. Would your $8k to $10k have been better spent on training, college savings, future club fees, etc or 2 playoff trips where only 1 team wins it all?

We all have our different plans and should, but my #1 goal is to keep my daughter engaged and having fun playing soccer for the long run. My home run is a college scholarship and/or better yet, college degree at a very good college for her. Knowing I'd save $50k for her college fund if I avoided playoffs, makes me cringe thinking about the 7 potential playoff games she might have against many of the same teams we get to play over and over and over right here in so. cal.

No AI here for me sir just using the new word smart spell & grammar check. First off, I’m no ECNL advocate, but here’s how I see it. I agree with you, driving through LA traffic after a full day of school is definitely not ideal for development. But it can definitely define astute focus and determination. Kids that have that discipline and focus are special. And yes, holding clubs and coaches accountable is crucial. But isn't there also value in allowing kids some flexibility to find the best fit for their growth? Stacking teams may not be perfect, but sometimes, a change of environment can spark new levels of performance, making it all more exciting. The rules are the rules, and every club can tactically take advantage of them equally as they all have the same opportunities.

As for the pay-to-play system, it's a tough reality and a frustrating situation for many. It's not something we can easily change, but we can still support and advocate for more opportunities for lower-income kids whenever possible.

In the game of soccer, like chess, strategy and flexibility are key. Every move, whether through challenging traffic or changing teams, can define a player's path. Just as in chess, the rules apply equally to all, but the true champions are those who make the most of every opportunity.
First off you're full of shit....smart spell & grammar.....yeah right! Even this above post is AI generated. Another fake ass soccer parent.

This is true, but is it a positive experience for girls under 16 years old? All I hear about is burn out, too much pressure, and girls quitting, because soccer isn't fun anymore. Some are wired different for sure, but I really wonder just how valuable playoffs are. I'm not convinced they mean diddly squat in the long run other than for the parents?

Ask yourself this. Would you rather your athletic, talented daughter win a national playoff title or show up to their first team training with her newly adjusted ECNL Squad smiling from ear to ear? Sure, some can do both, but we wouldn't constantly hear about burn out and lack of fun if this was the case, so if you had to choose one and couldn't choose both, which would you pick?

Then ask yourself. Would your $8k to $10k have been better spent on training, college savings, future club fees, etc or 2 playoff trips where only 1 team wins it all?

We all have our different plans and should, but my #1 goal is to keep my daughter engaged and having fun playing soccer for the long run. My home run is a college scholarship and/or better yet, college degree at a very good college for her. Knowing I'd save $50k for her college fund if I avoided playoffs, makes me cringe thinking about the 7 potential playoff games she might have against many of the same teams we get to play over and over and over right here in so. cal.
You definitely make an argument for the other side of the coin. But if you want to chase the natty you will definitely have to open that wallet. Unfortunately you can't go around that.

First off you're full of shit....smart spell & grammar.....yeah right! Even this above post is AI generated. Another fake ass soccer parent.

very cool tool. Here is my AI generated response. I see the AI check, but I assure you this is my own writing. I’m passionate about the topic and took the time to articulate my thoughts clearly. Technology can sometimes be misleading, but I'm here to engage in a genuine discussion about youth soccer and what’s best for our kids. Let’s focus on that and keep the conversation productive. ;)

You definitely make an argument for the other side of the coin. But if you want to chase the natty you will definitely have to open that wallet. Unfortunately you can't go around that.

You can absolutely make the process cheaper. Top 16 teams play a single elimination tournament, same as U18/19. It costs less than a third of what we spend on the youngers.

99% of the parents on here who hit home runs in youth soccer are going for the degree grand slam. Some children don't like school and just want to play competitive soccer against the best and then go Pro. Youth soccer home run in America is all about getting into college. Truth speak right their bro.

It reads AI to me as well, but here's what it looks like when actually fed through one of those detection tools:

ai socal.png

It reads AI to me as well, but here's what it looks like when actually fed through one of those detection tools:

View attachment 21926

For all that are not aware, most new spell & grammar tools all have a sprinkle of AI built into them for final bling bling. The key in making your argument original is prompt engineering. You feed the software your points and arguments to make it unique to your own thoughts and it just returns it with bells and whistles. Saves you a heck of a lot of time when you are trying to get your point across. If you do not do that you get a very generic response that is not aligned with your true thoughts.

Maybe - but if multiple people are thinking you speak like AI - you're not using the tools in the way that is generally going to help. But this is a 2020's issue at most. In a few years, it will likely be much more challenging to tell the difference between organic human writing/speech and AI and/or AI assist.

Maybe - but if multiple people are thinking you speak like AI - you're not using the tools in the way that is generally going to help. But this is a 2020's issue at most. In a few years, it will likely be much more challenging to tell the difference between organic human writing/speech and AI and/or AI assist.
I agree it’s going to get harder and harder over time. Pretty soon you won’t know if you are talking to a bot or not. The way to use these tools is proper prompting. It’s basically telling AI what your argument is and it spits it back in proper grammar with some humor and sarcasm as well. You can get very creative with it. I’m fine with people using this stuff as long as it aligns with their true intent and thoughts. I wouldn’t post anything on here that is not aligned with my personality and human intent.

Wow! I don't know what to think here. Congratulations 2010 Forum, you have silenced Way Up! LOLOL! Original writing will be a lost art pretty soon. Just like we are judged by the way we talk, we are judged by how we write though, so I get it.

I had a great English Teacher at a community college I'll never forget. I thought he was a tool at first, because he was so sarcastic and dry, but he really liked to help us learn how to write and build a final piece of work. I'll never forget him and wish I knew his name, so I could let him know he made an impact on this dunce! This is part of why college is so important to me for my girl. She can go pro if that's what she wants, but she can get that paper to help her work in whatever capacity she wants in whatever field she is passionate about or go pro after if she wants. It will be her choice.

Funny enough, I feel like I know a little bit about coaches through the way and manner they communicate. We've been very fortunate with our coaches! I've never trusted coaches that avoid parents. Of course, they would prefer to negotiate with the kid. The kid is far easier to manipulate, but the parent is paying.

Wow! I don't know what to think here. Congratulations 2010 Forum, you have silenced Way Up! LOLOL! Original writing will be a lost art pretty soon. Just like we are judged by the way we talk, we are judged by how we write though, so I get it.

I had a great English Teacher at a community college I'll never forget. I thought he was a tool at first, because he was so sarcastic and dry, but he really liked to help us learn how to write and build a final piece of work. I'll never forget him and wish I knew his name, so I could let him know he made an impact on this dunce! This is part of why college is so important to me for my girl. She can go pro if that's what she wants, but she can get that paper to help her work in whatever capacity she wants in whatever field she is passionate about or go pro after if she wants. It will be her choice.

Funny enough, I feel like I know a little bit about coaches through the way and manner they communicate. We've been very fortunate with our coaches!
That’s the sad part of today’s reality. The way I see it is you integrate with AI or fall behind. This goes for professional work as well. Many jobs will be lost in the next coming years except for the ones that have assimilated themselves with the new technology.

That’s the sad part of today’s reality. The way I see it is you integrate with AI or fall behind. This goes for professional work as well. Many jobs will be lost in the next coming years except for the ones that have assimilated themselves with the new technology.

I wonder if by using the AI app, one also learns how to write or would it maybe teach one to write robotically? Very interesting!

I wonder if by using the AI app, one also learns how to write or would it maybe teach one to write robotically? Very interesting!
It can teach you how to write if you prompt it to be your tutor or teacher. Give it specific instruction and describe your ideal teacher and teaching style. After that Pandora’s box will open in your favor. Prompt it wrong and it will be a disaster.

Internet_dog.jpg

(circa 1993. More about anonymity than AI, but certainly fits here)

Welcome to the logic of just having a Socal vs Norcal + west coast states tournament or end of league event.

Flying across the nation for small number of top clubs doesn't make much sense. They should be coming to the West Coast to play.

10 Champs between RL and NL 2010 Girls and 8 were from the Southwest Division. Wow!!!
On the NPL side, Fury beat TFA OC for NPL national championship. They flew to Colorado for the national playoff event. Now those 2 teams play again next week for I think a US Club Soccer playoff?

I think USYS PRO was also dominated by California teams too?

Anyhow, I agree if most competitive teams are in California then these events should just stay out here especially because the weather during the time of the events are much more favorable than in other regions of the US. It’s also a better tourist destination.

Funny enough, I feel like I know a little bit about coaches through the way and manner they communicate. We've been very fortunate with our coaches! I've never trusted coaches that avoid parents. Of course, they would prefer to negotiate with the kid. The kid is far easier to manipulate, but the parent is paying.
AI does not have feelings, even when the human types with emotion. I like you way up because you write with passion, and you share personal experience.

Back