How’s the 2023-24 season going?

Legends played by the rules and picked up some real good super stars. No one had this team going to the finals but me. I tried to tell you all. Yes, I thought they would win it all next year and I think we're all in agreement that Legends is clear #1 for next season. It all starts with Surf Cup. More rumor mill is Legends are picking up some nice players to make them probably not give up a goal.
You did, I remember that post. I think they did a great job. They knew they had a chance at it and went for it.
Looking forward to seeing who they pick up. This season should be full of surprises.

No sour grapes, far from it. We’ve seen Koge do it strongly the last few years too. Legends knew they had a shot at it and went for it.
The upcoming season should be pretty dang competitive! Looking forward to it & good luck to all!
24/25 season will be very competitive. My bet is on the Legends FC. My niece in law was looking to play up with that squad but someone better came and that's life. I see this age group as the ones that learned how to cope with the Covid adversity and think outside of the fields. Futsol took off and many young players kicking against the wall during lockdowns made these socal players the best in the country.

You did, I remember that post. I think they did a great job. They knew they had a chance at it and went for it.
Looking forward to seeing who they pick up. This season should be full of surprises.
They just picked up another that will make this potentially the best ever from the IE. My niece in law can ball and even she was told, "not now young goat, your time will come later." She will get some chance to scrimmage this #1 team for sure. I'm telling of you that if you score, it will be because you got lucky. Koge will be #2 and Surf will be #3 in Crush's never too early top 3. I don't have time for the rest of the best.

They just picked up another that will make this potentially the best ever from the IE. My niece in law can ball and even she was told, "not now young goat, your time will come later." She will get some chance to scrimmage this #1 team for sure. I'm telling of you that if you score, it will be because you got lucky. Koge will be #2 and Surf will be #3 in Crush's never too early top 3. I don't have time for the rest of the best.
Your top 3 sounds great and your niece in law sounds like a real baller.
They will get scored on and it won’t be because of luck. But we can agree to disagree here because there are some strong, tricky shooters in this age group.

Your top 3 sounds great and your niece in law sounds like a real baller.
They will get scored on and it won’t be because of luck. But we can agree to disagree here because there are some strong, tricky shooters in this age group.
That was smack talk back at you. I actually hope they struggle and then my niece in law can get the call up. Rumor has it it will be very hard to score and that luck is the only way other team will score. Not trying to have satire, this is 100% true.

@JustaSpectator @crush @Surfer_dad what are your thoughts about parents criticizing a club that they’re currently at while adding a picture of a player (not their kid) in said post .. hmm.. ok or not?
I don't think that's cool, especially using a picture that is not their kid. It's tacky, IMO. That is something he (the parent) should talk to the coach/club about but doing it wide out in the open like that? It says to me they already may be thinking of leaving, already signed with a new club, or have just run out of give a damns. Also, was this an established player?

Most likely not ok or cool but....
But I think context is very important in this situation. Jumping to conclusions without knowing the full story can cause misunderstandings. It's important to look at the actual complaint and check the facts before deciding if using the picture was right or wrong.

But I think context is very important in this situation. Jumping to conclusions without knowing the full story can cause misunderstandings. It's important to look at the actual complaint and check the facts before deciding if using the picture was right or wrong.
Yes, 100% Veritas

The argument for requiring players to play 85% of ECNL games with the same club to be eligible for playoffs is not only limiting but also detrimental to the NL. Restricting movement stifles player development and reduces team competitiveness. High-level competitions should showcase the best talent, and deserving players who have improved throughout the season should be rewarded with opportunities to play in the NL. This merit-based system motivates all players to strive for excellence and ensures the best talent is on display.

On the other hand, restricting movement undermines the very essence of competitive sports. It prevents clubs from fielding their strongest teams, which can diminish the quality of play and the reputation of the league. Scouts and recruiters are drawn to high-level competitions to identify top talent, and limiting player movement reduces these opportunities for deserving athletes. Moreover, promoting deserving RL players to the NL level acknowledges their hard work, fosters their development, and prepares them for future success.

Concerns about team chemistry and parental influence are valid but can be managed through effective coaching and club management, without imposing restrictive eligibility rules. These rules hinder the natural progression of talented players and can lead to stagnation within teams, ultimately hurting the league's overall quality and competitiveness.

In summary, allowing high-level player movement between RL and NL teams promotes fairness, rewards hard work, and enhances both player development and team success. Restrictive rules not only limit these benefits but also harm the NL by preventing the best possible competition and development of talent.
What are you talking about? Stop replying with AI and use your brain.

"Stifles player development".....LMAO. Driving your kid in Los Angeles traffic after 6 hours of school is what stifles player development. Restricting movement also forces Clubs to develop and hold coaches accountable. Restricting movement more so lets the true stars shine. If a player is truly a standout let them work for it. If your kids stink on a Sub .500 team what makes you think they will be a super star on Blues,Koge, Surf or Legends.

There's enough ECNL show cases around the country that you don't need to stack 2-3 teams for exposure when the seasons over and College Coaches should be getting some well deserved time off . ECNL is and will never be a merit based system. It will always be a pay to play. Girls soccer is a privileged sport. If you dont have the funds you simply can not compete and this starts at 10 years old now.

"Stifles player development".....LMAO. Driving your kid in Los Angeles traffic after 6 hours of school is what stifles player development. Restricting movement also forces Clubs to develop and hold coaches accountable. Restricting movement more so lets the true stars shine. If a player is truly a standout let them work for it. If your kids stink on a Sub .500 team what makes you think they will be a super star on Blues,Koge, Surf or Legends.

There's enough ECNL show cases around the country that you don't need to stack 2-3 teams for exposure when the seasons over and College Coaches should be getting some well deserved time off come summer time anyways. ECNL is and will never be a merit based system. It will always be a pay to play. Girls soccer is a privileged sport. If you dont have the funds you simply can not compete and this starts at 10 years old now.
Veritas, are you using AI? I tend to agree with you Robbie regarding the pay for play system and most families not having the extra chips to play in the finals. I was one of those families. It sucks!

Veritas, are you using AI? I tend to agree with you Robbie regarding the pay for play system and most families not having the extra chips to play in the finals. I was one of those families. It sucks!
If you need to use AI on a girls soccer chat board to respond to posts you're a real POS

My point was they did a great job recruiting and attempted recruiting, wasn’t meant to be “hilarious”. They were going after legit players during league & knew they had a chance at the title!

Legends added 3 more Blues players. Where would the other players go? Stay with a big roster? Does playing for Blues/Pats/other ECNL teams (for playing time and growth) be enticing for some of the players/parents? I would guess same with HBK if they added the other blues star player... just a thought? Everyone chasing the natty even if their kid only plays 10 mins per game for a nice picture with a trophy and medal.

There's enough ECNL show cases around the country that you don't need to stack 2-3 teams for exposure when the seasons over and College Coaches should be getting some well deserved time off . ECNL is and will never be a merit based system. It will always be a pay to play. Girls soccer is a privileged sport. If you dont have the funds you simply can not compete and this starts at 10 years old now.
No AI here for me sir just using the new word smart spell & grammar check. First off, I’m no ECNL advocate, but here’s how I see it. I agree with you, driving through LA traffic after a full day of school is definitely not ideal for development. But it can definitely define astute focus and determination. Kids that have that discipline and focus are special. And yes, holding clubs and coaches accountable is crucial. But isn't there also value in allowing kids some flexibility to find the best fit for their growth? Stacking teams may not be perfect, but sometimes, a change of environment can spark new levels of performance, making it all more exciting. The rules are the rules, and every club can tactically take advantage of them equally as they all have the same opportunities.

As for the pay-to-play system, it's a tough reality and a frustrating situation for many. It's not something we can easily change, but we can still support and advocate for more opportunities for lower-income kids whenever possible.

In the game of soccer, like chess, strategy and flexibility are key. Every move, whether through challenging traffic or changing teams, can define a player's path. Just as in chess, the rules apply equally to all, but the true champions are those who make the most of every opportunity.

"The true champions are those who make the most of every opportunity"

The lesson to be learned from the ECNL playoffs is that true champions are distinguished by their ability to turn challenges into opportunities and maximize their potential within the given framework. In the high-stakes environment of the playoffs, every decision and action can make a difference. Success is achieved not just by talent, but by strategic thinking, adaptability, and making the most of every opportunity presented. Just like professional sports ;) The purpose of the Playoffs & Finals.

Back