How’s the 2023-24 season going?

It's expensive
Crush, have you gone to Costco lately to buy meat? I am definitely concerned how the economy and inflation are going to change life decisions. Ultimately, youth soccer and many other recreational activities might change dramatically because it’s not an essential, and more and more the only money available will have to be spent on essentials and not fun and games.

People always hating on koge. 🤣 they are a solid team along with the other 7 teams headed to VA. The defense only gave up two goals with one being a PK during playoffs. Surf looked great as always
I predict that Surf will play Koge in the semi’s. Koge beat Surf in their last ECNL league game so it will be a “war” and I know Surf will not go into it complacent. Koge is physical and has a great defense and can throw a wrench into Surfs incredible well oiled machine. Surf is like a

I predict that Surf will play Koge in the semi’s. Koge beat Surf in their last ECNL league game so it will be a “war” and I know Surf will not go into it complacent. Koge is physical and has a great defense and can throw a wrench into Surfs incredible well oiled machine. Surf is like a…well tuned Ferrari most of the time.

I predict that Surf will play Koge in the semi’s. Koge beat Surf in their last ECNL league game so it will be a “war” and I know Surf will not go into it complacent. Koge is physical and has a great defense and can throw a wrench into Surfs incredible well oiled machine. Surf is like a
It's tempting to look at it as a four team bracket with all CA teams.

Not accurate, though. Hawks looked sharp against Solar, and Bethesda took Koge to PKs. Should be good games.

Crush, have you gone to Costco lately to buy meat? I am definitely concerned how the economy and inflation are going to change life decisions. Ultimately, youth soccer and many other recreational activities might change dramatically because it’s not an essential, and more and more the only money available will have to be spent on essentials and not fun and games.
No Costco where I'm at. I am eating a little meat now😋 Very, very fresh, like next day after cow is put down. No smells like at Stater Bro. I buy some real good best cut steak for $5 per pound. How much is a pound of the best cut at Costco these days bro?

No Costco where I'm at. I am eating a little meat now😋 Very, very fresh, like next day after cow is put down. No smells like at Stater Bro. I buy some real good best cut steak for $5 per pound. How much is a pound of the best cut at Costco these days bro?
Where do you live? Best cut, probably $22

simple. SoCal dominance started with 2010 births:) I would expect 2012 and on to be just as dominate in SoCal on the girls side.
I think the bigger question is what happened from 2010 and the younger age groups that made SoCal so dominant? What were these 2010’s and younger players doing that the olders were not doing at the younger ages? The one thing the 2010’s and youngest have in common that the olders do not have is small sided games like futsal. Because of covid and not being able to play in the big field these younger players were developed different through small sided games. Mvla as well they all played futsal. And the trend continues…

Last edited:
I think the bigger question is what happened from 2010 and the younger age groups that made SoCal so dominant? What were these 2010’s and younger players doing that the olders were not doing at the younger ages? The one thing the 2010’s and youngest have in common that the olders do not have is small sided games like futsal. Because of covid and not being able to play in the big field these younger players were developed different through small sided games. Mvla as well they all played futsal. And the trend continues…
100% bro. 3 x 3, 5 x 5 and futsol is how to teach the young players to play soccer. I have a dear pal from NoCal telling me Legends is playing lights out soccer. Go Socal in all the ages and bring home the hardware.

Last edited:
Surf's cute game got slapped around again by Slammers Koge, 4-1. More evidence that US soccer is broken. Surf's talent and style of play should guarantee success more often than not, but in a tournamnet/playoff setting the old skool kick and run worked again. Its more effective when these two matchup with Koge haveing better athletes and Surf the better footballers but god damn is it ugly. Koge and most successful american girls teams play this overly aggressive direct football so hard to argue with changing it until Spain keeps kicking our butts at every major tournament. As long as this style of play keeps winnig these empty youth soccer titles US women's soccer is going to continue to fall behind when it once had such a lead, sad.

The 2010 SoCal age groups down to 3-4 stacked teams. Parents don't like to lose, so each year they pick up their salty egos and move their kids. They typically leave teams their kids have choked on and move to a larger roster. Its a real easy way to hide your kid on an all star team so their deficiency's aren't magnified. I'm quickly learning that its never the individual player who cant get it done but its always the teams fault.

Back