How’s the 2023-24 season going?

Or maybe some kind of cosmic karma for all the ridiculous cake walks Surf has been given at Surf Cup though the years.
Nah, surf cup brackets aside, to me it’s about having the best representation for ECNL and keeping those championships in California. State first, SoCal next, club 3rd

There are what 5 wild card spots? Not a big deal. It also guarantees they don’t play eachother in the sweet 16 so yeah it might have been done on purpose. Who knows.
These games are often decided in PK’s, so strange things can happen. I hadn’t thought about the consequence of playing in bracket guarantees not playing in the quarters. Same silly bracketing happened in the 11’s. Solar #1 vs Surf #5. Ultimately, to win the championship, you have to win all your games against the best teams.

These games are often decided in PK’s, so strange things can happen. I hadn’t thought about the consequence of playing in bracket guarantees not playing in the quarters. Same silly bracketing happened in the 11’s. Solar #1 vs Surf #5. Ultimately, to win the championship, you have to win all your games against the best teams.
To add to the above, both the 10’s and 11 Surf brackets are the brackets of death for these two age groups. The 10’s have the 1st, 2nd 23rd and 28th ranked teams. The 11’s have the 1st, 5th, 23rd and 47th ranked teams. Not too bad for the top two teams, but a bummer for the 3rd and 4th teams in the bracket.

Any thoughts on the RL playoffs?
Slammers RL choked. Something to do with having AM coach the 08s/11s and SM coach the 10s.

Heard blues brought NLs and lost to beach who played straight up

Heard MVLA brought 3 patches to beat slammers 4-0 after slammers beat them 4-0 at Cerritos Memorial Day. Hats off to MVLA for studying film the night before and getting the job done though.

Az Arsenal was greatly improved

I think Beach wins the whole thing. MVLA goes 1 and done when they leave their 3 mid fielders with their home teams.

Heard blues brought NLs and lost to beach who played straight up
pretty sad when you bring NL players and you still get shut out. From what I heard it was 2 starting Forwards, Center Back and a Midfielder. Not a good look. Way to go to Beach for keeping it true and getting the W. That has to be a very satisfying win considering you beat almost half their NL team.

From the g.a .Fram looked good. Had 70% possession in the game. A very athletic team with skill. Also played all 7 subs with meaningful.minutes . May have been the reason for the 1-1 score. Question would be how long can Fram keep this roster. Before the big ecnl clubs come knocking?

From the g.a .Fram looked good. Had 70% possession in the game. A very athletic team with skill. Also played all 7 subs with meaningful.minutes . May have been the reason for the 1-1 score. Question would be how long can Fram keep this roster. Before the big ecnl clubs come knocking?
They've lasted this long.

Back