How’s the 2023-24 season going?

I think I might agree with the no Koge prediction. Caught some of their game against Texas and they looked “off”. it was a pretty messy game. same old story with the offense - strong on set pieces, but not prolific from the field (a la surf/mvla), and their defense seemed uncharacteristically disorganized and vulnerable. Lots of chatter re “fly-in” players and lack of chemistry which could be playing a part. Seems like maybe coaches have gotten it wrong this year. Legends, mvla and surf looking really solid. Will be interesting to hear how the surf/mvla match-up goes tomorrow. I think winner of that games takes home the natty in VA.

Any surprises with the sweet 16? MVLA got the 4th wildcard. Slammers looked like they were dead after losing the first game and came back to get a wildcard. Koge did not look very dominating like they did in league. Blues had a chance to win their group and lost their last game. Beach never had a shot. 4 of 6 Southwest teams made the sweet 16. 3 should advance to Virginia as Slammers drew Surf when they earned the last wildcard. Surf and Legends dominated and seem to be the teams to beat.

Anyone have access to the bracket view format for the final 16? That is more helpful to see future potential matchups and make real predictions. Flying blind but here goes. From Soccer dominance perspective its been Surf and Legends. MVLA and Slammers look off but are stil around and threatening. Darkhorse candidate goes to the winner of the Eastside/Bethesda game, winner of that game will be the only non-CA (Western team Real Colorado should get to Richmond too) team in Richmond potentially. Good luck to all!

What’s a pretender?
I think he means any team that got lucky to get into Virginia. I think the CA teams are contenders and have a shot at reaching the finals with the favorites being SD Surf imo. They have not lost a game and also have the highest Goal differential. Legends is the only team that was not there last year. Maybe they got lucky to get in? They were the only other team aside form SD Surf to win all 4 games. If there are any pretenders it may be one of the 4 teams outside CA. Bethesda was there last year as well. So the other 3 could be suspects.

Any team from Michigan are pretenders. All but one Cali Final Four with Florida Premier is my bet. Surf finally with a huge talent advantage wins what is likely the first of many natties.

Any team from Michigan are pretenders. All but one Cali Final Four with Florida Premier is my bet. Surf finally with a huge talent advantage wins what is likely the first of many natties.
People always hating on koge. 🤣 they are a solid team along with the other 7 teams headed to VA. The defense only gave up two goals with one being a PK during playoffs. Surf looked great as always

Back