California Crazy

All that money - huge tax base - but the highest concentration of woke folks in the nation can still turn SF into a mosh pit of misery and death.

Who needs the police?

Let's decriminalize drug use.

Hmmm, I wonder if any of that had to do with this?

What city has wasted more advantages than SF? Sad.

From Voice of San Diego today --

MTS Has Known of Fletcher Concerns Since February
Last week, the spotlight turned to the Metropolitan Transit System after one of its former employees alleged agency managers fired her after she endured months of sexual harassment from Nathan Fletcher, the county supervisor and former chairman of MTS. The agency released a statement claiming that it had fired Grecia Figueroa for “performance concerns” and officials didn’t know until last week about her claims.

“The filing of Ms. Figueroa’s lawsuit on March 28, 2023 was the first time that MTS executive management was provided with the specific details of Ms. Figueroa’s allegations,” the statement read.

That’s not the full story. The lawsuit did have many specific details about what Figueroa says occurred but MTS staff had known for six weeks that a complaint about sexual harassment and assault involving Fletcher was coming. Wednesday, Voice of San Diego obtained the demand for records letter Figueroa’s lawyer sent to both MTS and Fletcher Feb. 17.

It was pretty specific: It listed her potential legal claims against Fletcher and MTS addressing them directly “including allegations that YOU: (1) discriminated against MS. FIGUEROA; (2) sexually harassed MS. FIGUEROA; (3) sexually assaulted MS. FIGUEROA; and (4) retaliated against MS. FIGUEROA because she complained or otherwise protested against sexual harassment that was perpetrated against her;”

The board of directors of MTS is meeting this morning for a special closed session. The acting chair, Whitburn, has said he will press for an independent investigation.

At least one board member is not pleased with how information has been coming out.

“I’m deeply concerned that MTS may have known about this in Feb. 17 and yet I found out about it in the media. We’re going to address that [Thursday] morning and find out why. I know I’m not the only board member who has the same concerns,” said Marcus Bush, a City Councilman in National City and member of the board of MTS.

This is just crazy.. dude wants an abortion.

Not to be outdone by the legitimately mentally ill in CA, the elites in CA want you to hold their beer as they compete in "California Crazy". Chesa Boudin did his part in the shittification of SF. His genius woke idea that drug dealers shouldn't be arrested as many of them were human trafficking victims coerced into the business has created a McMansioin housing boom in Honduras. Obviously, this and the rest of his complete failure as the SF DA qualified him for Executive Director at the new Criminal Law and Justice Center at UC Berkeley. The biggest shock to me is that this story was broken by the SF Chronicle. There are cracks in the unholy alliance. I hope Chesa is in a safe space.

Reality Makes a Cameo at the San Francisco Chronicle
Michael Shellenberger (tweet source follows)

In 2021, San Francisco’s infamously lenient former District Attorney, Chesa Boudin, warned against arresting and prosecuting the Honduran drug dealers that crowd the city’s downtown sidewalks on the theory that many of them were human trafficking victims coerced into the business. It’s a claim that has become a talking point of radical activists, and drug dealers’ lawyers routinely use it in court to get their clients off the hook. Last year, I reported that Boudin’s human trafficking claim was specious, and now, in a blockbuster two-part series last week, two San Francisco Chronicle reporters, Megan Cassidy and Gabrielle Lurie, further debunk that claim. The two traveled to the tiny village in Honduras where most of San Francisco’s drug dealers come from. There, dirt roads lead to sparkling new mini-mansions owned by the families of the Tenderloin’s drug dealers, emblazoned with the logos of San Francisco’s professional sports teams: the Giants, the 49ers, the Warriors. A teenager was financing one mansion under construction. Dozens of drug dealers interviewed by the Chronicle’s reporters told them they had never heard of anyone trafficked. One dealer laughed at the idea, and told the Chronicle that the claim was just a defense strategy: “I told myself, ‘That’s what I’m going to tell my lawyer too,’ ” he said. “It went through my mind like, ‘I’m going to tell my lawyer they’re going to kill my family.’ ” The Sinaloa and New Jalisco Generation cartels, which dominate San Francisco’s drug trade, don’t need to force anyone to sell drugs in the Tenderloin and SoMa, because the work is so lucrative — as I reported a year ago, dealers can make up to $1,000 a day. This too, is born out by the Chronicle’s reporting: dealers told Cassidy and Lurie they can make $350,000 a year doing it. “San Francisco gives me the money, the free money,” one dealer told the two reporters. “San Francisco is my city.” Dealers told the Chronicle something else that’s obvious to anyone paying attention: San Francisco’s well-intentioned sanctuary protections are being exploited by Honduran dealers to keep them out of jail and the drug market open for business. “The law, because they don’t deport, that’s the problem,” one dealer told the reporters. “Many look for San Francisco because it’s a sanctuary city. You go to jail, and you come out.” That’s precisely the case that San Francisco Supervisor Matt Dorsey made when he proposed a carve-out to the city’s sanctuary laws to allow for the deportation of fentanyl dealers. For that, San Francisco progressives vilified him. Public Defender Mano Raju depicted Dorsey’s proposal as a racist attack on immigrants, invoking, once again, the human trafficking myth. This has been the pattern in San Francisco politics: call anyone who acknowledges the obvious realities of the city’s transnational drug trade a bigot. Mayor London Breed was called “racist” merely for publicly noting the well-known fact that many of the city’s dealers are from Honduras, and pressured into apologizing. Given the depth of the Chronicle’s reporting, dismissing the paper’s findings with such cynical smears will be harder. But that isn’t stopping the coalition of activists that has been shielding the cartel from the police for years from trying. In any other city, a report like this might radically change the political dynamic. But in San Francisco, the political rot is so deep that it’s hard to be confident that anything could dislodge it.

How long before someone here in CA tries to pull this BS.....

A Superior Coyrst judge is arrested for killing his wife. Where? Socal of course. Maybe he'll get the same leniency that he showed the druggists and gangbangers that he released back onto the streets..

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors will soon consider a proposal requiring hotel and theme park workers in unincorporated areas to be paid at least $25 an hour, rising to $30 an hour by 2028, when the Summer Olympics will be held in Los Angeles.

And you thought it couldn't get any crazier...

Wondering if SCE is going to be proactive by cutting off power to areas with above ground power lines. Apparently Hawaii decided not to do that and we're seeing the results. So with this incoming storm you'd think/hope that there is a plan in place.. but it's California.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors will soon consider a proposal requiring hotel and theme park workers in unincorporated areas to be paid at least $25 an hour, rising to $30 an hour by 2028, when the Summer Olympics will be held in Los Angeles.

And you thought it couldn't get any crazier...

Democrats still haven't figured out that radically raising wages only results in layoffs.

Wondering if SCE is going to be proactive by cutting off power to areas with above ground power lines. Apparently Hawaii decided not to do that and we're seeing the results. So with this incoming storm you'd think/hope that there is a plan in place.. but it's California.

STOP! You know Gavin is busy telling Abbott and De Santis how to run their states. We're locked in paradise here.

Freudian. PG&E just passed those lawsuit costs onto customers. Their choice to ignore maintenance isn't a problem and there's nothing to see here.
An electrician friend up in Redding was all done with his wiring on a home when the house burned down. No compensation..

Workers who go on strike should be able to collect unemployment.. yep. Says a Rep (D) out of Burbank whos pushing a Bill to make it law.

Back