Surf Cup - DA --- Accepted Teams

How would you estimate the Solar team matches up with them?
To be honest I don't think Surf has any competition at Nationals. They are in a different league based on my observations of Nationals. Our team wasn't allowed to play in USYS State cup pr beyond

Oh my gosh...is it wrong that I am laughing ?! I mean I have this mixture of being so proud of our SoCal girls but so sad at the same time

This is what is posted online:
04's
SO CAL BLUES 04 ACADEMY DRALUCK 2 PSV UNION FC 04/05G USSDA 0
SAN DIEGO SURF USSDA G04 11 BURLINGAME U14G USSDA 1

03's
WEST COAST FC 2003 DA 1 CROSSFIRE PREMIER GU-15 DA 3
LA GALAXY 15 USSDA 2 PSV UNION FC 03/04G USSDA 9
SAN DIEGO SURF 2003 USSDA 2 CENTRO DE FORMACIÓN BAJA 03 1

GDA Burligame's teams are getting beat up.

04's updated scores
LA GALAXY 14 USSDA 0 CALIFORNIA THORNS 04 GDA 3

01/02's
SO CAL BLUES ACADEMY 01/02 8 BURLINGAME U17G USSDA 0
WEST COAST FC ACADEMY U16/U17 1 FC UNITED U17 DA 5
LA GALAXY 17 USSDA 1 SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES USSDA GU17 5
SD SURF USSDA GIRLS 2001 10 PSV UNION FC 01/02G USSDA 0
PATEADORES DA 0 CALIFORNIA THORNS 01 GDA 3

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=59034&Gender=Girls&Age=14
http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=59034&Gender=Girls&Age=15

This is what is posted online:
04's
SO CAL BLUES 04 ACADEMY DRALUCK 2 PSV UNION FC 04/05G USSDA 0
SAN DIEGO SURF USSDA G04 11 BURLINGAME U14G USSDA 1

03's
WEST COAST FC 2003 DA 1 CROSSFIRE PREMIER GU-15 DA 3
LA GALAXY 15 USSDA 2 PSV UNION FC 03/04G USSDA 9
SAN DIEGO SURF 2003 USSDA 2 CENTRO DE FORMACIÓN BAJA 03 1

Saw some really good soccer today! Fields were the best I have seen there.

Nor cal in the HOUSE @davin @kickingandscreaming

Thorns?! Earthquakes?! Weak??
Although I haven't seen the Quakes play, everyone knows they'll be good since Deza brought most of his 04 team over from DeAnza.

The Thorns/Galaxy score really surprised me. We played the Thorns a week ago, and it wasn't pretty for them. Is that Galaxy DA team the same team that was at Surf last year?

The Burlingame team is going to be really weak. They were playing in NorCal gold last year(equivalent to your flight 2 or maybe even 3).

PSV is a mixed bag. They have some really good players, but they are a super tiny club that doesn't have enough players to have a full team at any age group. What you will see with them are many players playing 1, 2, or even 3 years up so that they can field a full squad. Tough for them to be competitive that way, especially since all their teams are in this tournament, so their kids probably can't be rostered across teams in different age groups as they normally do at that club.

Although I haven't seen the Quakes play, everyone knows they'll be good since Deza brought most of his 04 team over from DeAnza.

The Thorns/Galaxy score really surprised me. We played the Thorns a week ago, and it wasn't pretty for them. Is that Galaxy DA team the same team that was at Surf last year?

The Burlingame team is going to be really weak. They were playing in NorCal gold last year(equivalent to your flight 2 or maybe even 3).

PSV is a mixed bag. They have some really good players, but they are a super tiny club that doesn't have enough players to have a full team at any age group. What you will see with them are many players playing 1, 2, or even 3 years up so that they can field a full squad. Tough for them to be competitive that way, especially since all their teams are in this tournament, so their kids probably can't be rostered across teams in different age groups as they normally do at that club.
What's the substitution rules? Originally heard unlimited. Now I hear 7 with no reentry. Changed this morning? Different in the Surf rules.

Yeah, that Thorns/Galaxy score was a surprise. SoCal teams 2-4 the first day in 04 DA. That also surprised me. I'm not sure what to make of the Surf team in Texas overlapping with Surf Cup. Did half of the coach's very deep group piss him off so he sent them to Texas in July? I only saw a few minutes of Solar/Pateadores, but Solar looked very good. Unless Surf/Solar tie, a very good team will be out of the top 4. Quakes played well against West Coast. SoCal Blues beat a PSV team without their top defender and scorer who are both playing with the 03's this weekend. But, I didn't see the game and sometimes 2-0 feels more like 6-0.

Back