Surf Cup - DA --- Accepted Teams

I wonder if they will add more teams...? Interesting that the other SD DA teams are not on that list.

I wonder if they will add more teams...? Interesting that the other SD DA teams are not on that list.
Not sure if additional teams will be added? Any DA clubs that are not on the list attending? These are the only accepted clubs listed at this time.

Most DA teams did not apply. I'm not sure why...

That's a nice mix of So Cal and out of region teams. Given that the So Cal teams will see each other twice during the regular season, it will be great for them to match up with out-of-region teams.

I suspect that there will be a similar number of Southwest Region teams at the Silverlakes event in the DA division. I have also heard that a number of out-of-region clubs have committed to that event also. Between the two events, there will be a ton of DA talent in So Cal.

Personally, I'd like to see our So Cal DA teams match-up with out-of-region teams at these events. They'll see enough of each other in the coming years.

DA age group 03/04 are scheduled for SilverLakes on July 28-30 and Surf Cup on July 28-29, 30 a rest day, 31-Aug 1. If your DD is an 04 rising 8th grader it's not a do or die showcase. As for 2003 9th graders it an important year though.

I wouldn't be surprised if college coaches watch 3 days at Silverlakes from July 28-30 and then head to Surf Cup for the July 31-Aug 1 games.

Does anyone have the list of non-DA teams accepted?
Using the "Hotel Registration List" trick, here are the teams that are listed (don't quote this as being official as I have no idea if all these teams were actually accepted and there were SO MANY teams I very easily could have missed/added some incorrect teams):

ECNL Teams:
Arsenal ECNL-Brown
Crossfire Premier ECNL
Crossfire United ECNL
Dallas Sting ECNL
DMCV Sharks ECNL
Surf ECNL
San Juan Spirit ECNL
SoCal Blues Kale ECNL
Strikers ECNL
West Coast ECNL

Non-ECNL/DA Teams:
Anaheim Surf
Arizona Thunder
Arsenal-FC South
AZ Arsenal
Blues FC Navy
CDA Slammer Huie
Celtic FC
Clovis Crossfire
Davis Legacy Red
EPCSL SW Rush
Fullerton Rangers White
Heat FC KR
IE Surf RB
ISC Gunners FC
LA Galaxy Reserve DA
LA Galaxy-SD DA2
Legends-Riverside
Legends-South
LVPSA Girls Red
Marin FC Blue
Murrieta Surf
MVLA-Barcelona
Notts Forrest Red
PACNW Maroon
Palo Alto SC Blue
Pateadores Academy Reserve
Placer United Gold
Rebels Elite
SD Force FC-Ocampo
SDSC Navy
Surf EGSL
Santa Monica United
Santa Rosa United Gold
SGV Surf MB/SB
Star Academy FC
USA Metro Premier
USA Starts Academy
West Coast Soccer Wicked

Using the "Hotel Registration List" trick, here are the teams that are listed (don't quote this as being official as I have no idea if all these teams were actually accepted and there were SO MANY teams I very easily could have missed/added some incorrect teams):

ECNL Teams:
Arsenal ECNL-Brown
Crossfire Premier ECNL
Crossfire United ECNL
Dallas Sting ECNL
DMCV Sharks ECNL
Surf ECNL
San Juan Spirit ECNL
SoCal Blues Kale ECNL
Strikers ECNL
West Coast ECNL

Non-ECNL/DA Teams:
Anaheim Surf
Arizona Thunder
Arsenal-FC South
AZ Arsenal
Blues FC Navy
CDA Slammer Huie
Celtic FC
Clovis Crossfire
Davis Legacy Red
EPCSL SW Rush
Fullerton Rangers White
Heat FC KR
IE Surf RB
ISC Gunners FC
LA Galaxy Reserve DA
LA Galaxy-SD DA2
Legends-Riverside
Legends-South
LVPSA Girls Red
Marin FC Blue
Murrieta Surf
MVLA-Barcelona
Notts Forrest Red
PACNW Maroon
Palo Alto SC Blue
Pateadores Academy Reserve
Placer United Gold
Rebels Elite
SD Force FC-Ocampo
SDSC Navy
Surf EGSL
Santa Monica United
Santa Rosa United Gold
SGV Surf MB/SB
Star Academy FC
USA Metro Premier
USA Starts Academy
West Coast Soccer Wicked
Thanks for the list. MVLA Barcelona, Davis Legacy Red, and Santa Rosa United Gold are all ECNL teams from NorCal.

Thanks for the list. MVLA Barcelona, Davis Legacy Red, and Santa Rosa United Gold are all ECNL teams from NorCal.
Thanks! I knew MVLA was ECNL but I did not want to assume anything.

It will be interesting to see how all these teams will be grouped. Are they not going to group any of the DA and ECNL teams together?

Thanks! I knew MVLA was ECNL but I did not want to assume anything.

It will be interesting to see how all these teams will be grouped. Are they not going to group any of the DA and ECNL teams together?
DA teams aren't allowed to play non-DA teams. It's a shame because I know a couple of the teams that I see listed on the DA list are about to get blasted when they play at surf. It would nice to have the best play against the best, but it won't happen in today's landscape.

not the point ...not the point anymore. We will be seeing a whole lot of readjustments since some people are just learning to play from the back
You know I love me some MVLA though so don't you take any offense :))))

This Tournament is just not the same...use to be Best of the Best. It's more like Vegas/Dallas Cup. Every Flight 1 team makes it. It's a "cash cow" for Surf, this basically pays for DA for their club. Really don't blame them, the money they bring in crazy. Top brackets are still great. Guess will see tons of Surf Cup t-shirts and hoodies around town...

Yes it was really special when it was actually a qualification event. I understand making it more inclusive on many levels, but I wish that, then they made the decision to broaden it, they at least stuck with a Flight One Bracket where everyone actually qualified based upon some actual RULES of qualification (Surf Cup Winner, Manchester winner, State/National Cup semis or quarters minimum).

They ruined it when they started accepting teams into flight one who had not really qualified but were just "considered good". Then it just becomes political as to who gets into flight 1 or 2 or 3 or however many they end up having.

I know a lot of people know the inside info- it was my understanding they heard the feedback from last year and applied it. We don't have the "for sure list yet" right so let's be optimistic!
Let's see what they do and how they bracket first. We all love it come on now......

Back