Surf Cup - DA --- Accepted Teams

It should be a great finals match. Can someone confirm if the DA team (back from Nationals) was rostered or the ECNL+05's mentioned earlier? I was looking at the Surf rules and didn't see how swapping a whole team would be possible.

It should be a great finals match. Can someone confirm if the DA team (back from Nationals) was rostered or the ECNL+05's mentioned earlier? I was looking at the Surf rules and didn't see how swapping a whole team would be possible.

It was a mixed team.

At least, that's what one of the Surf Moms told me. I was only too happy to chat up the Surf Moms.
Yeah, we were missing 4 girls that played with us at ManCity who are at the National Chess Team Championships that has the Earthquakes as a sponsor. We have other girls on the chess team who will join them tomorrow night. Coincidentally, the chess tournament also has an expanded roster. Ok, they aren't at the chess championship. But, they weren't available either.

Surf Cup limits total roster for the event. The roster is a combination of players playing the first two games and some of the returning players. Team can not field its entire National Champ team.

No way could they field their whole team they took to Texas. Total was 26. So, they probably used 15 or 16 the first two days, right? So, 10 or 11 players that went to Texas seems like the most likely number.

Looks like LA Galaxy pulled out of their game tomorrow and Surf ECNL has replaced them. :eek:

The website shows West Coast playing for 9th place and the Thorns playing for third place. LA Galaxy already beat up on Burlingame, so why would Surf Cup have them play twice in a row? Something looks amiss.

The final should be a fun game to watch. Haven't seen Solar (Pulpaneck) play prior to the calendar year change when our girls played them at Super G final. I'd be curious to know how many are still around from that 04/05 team.

The website shows West Coast playing for 9th place and the Thorns playing for third place. LA Galaxy already beat up on Burlingame, so why would Surf Cup have them play twice in a row? Something looks amiss.
I agree. Something looks strange. The bracketing changed from last night...

Back