Surf Cup - DA --- Accepted Teams

To clarify and to show further that nothing is set and this Surf Cup is just one big experiment so don't get married to scores as they relate to later...
1. Surf is their ECNL team with their 05 superstars.
2. PSV is small and so their top girls are playing at 03 I was told
3. LAG is NOT LAGSD- they are in England I had heard
4. Burlingame also having problems fielding teams as MVLA were "hold outs".
5. Thorns also guests etc according to others

So it seems to me like a lot of people came to Surf with a hodge podge of guests and a roster to try to work through. I wouldn't put too much stock into these scores based on anything.
I think that the Silverlakes tourney looks to be more "stable" and "as I expected" with teams settling in and normal score lines. I would have love to seen SJ against Legends, or Slammers that will be a great game l.

To clarify and to show further that nothing is set and this Surf Cup is just one big experiment so don't get married to scores as they relate to later...
1. Surf is their ECNL team with their 05 superstars.
2. PSV is small and so their top girls are playing at 03 I was told
3. LAG is NOT LAGSD- they are in England I had heard
4. Burlingame also having problems fielding teams as MVLA were "hold outs".
5. Thorns also guests etc according to others

So it seems to me like a lot of people came to Surf with a hodge podge of guests and a roster to try to work through. I wouldn't put too much stock into these scores based on anything.
I think that the Silverlakes tourney looks to be more "stable" and "as I expected" with teams settling in and normal score lines. I would have love to seen SJ against Legends, or Slammers that will be a great game l.
So, Surf Cup has lost so much luster even Surf doesn't send their top team. ;-)

So, Surf Cup has lost so much luster even Surf doesn't send their top team. ;-)
I thought this was pretty obviously tongue-in-cheek. That's the problem with posting vs. face-to-face conversations. One can hardly argue that they should have skipped the National Championship. And, congratulations on winning it all. I've seen the top 04 Surf team play - without 2 of their top players who were playing with their 03's - and they are special.

As expected, the addition of DA diluted top tier team pool. Nothing Surf Cup can do about that. But, aren't there a couple/few other DA teams down south (or anywhere in the nation for that matter) with enough games under their belts to justify being there over Burlingame? The formula for making it in the top 4 was:

1) Win both games, or
2) Play Burlingame

I'm wondering if the expense of the DA tournament spread over 5 days kept some teams away.

I have to say I am a fan of one game a day and a day off after 2 days. It's just better for their bodies. I also have to believe the soccer on the last day will be of higher quality than the 6th game of the old 3-day tournaments. But, aren't they playing no reentry? I assume they are trying to mirror National Team game rules. If so, they are imposing that on a very large percentage of girls compared to the percent that will reach that level. No re-entry each half seems like a reasonable compromise.

Beach, Legends, Slammers, LAFC at Silverlakes. Games look evenly matched but I have no details and numbers don't always reflect a darn thing

As expected, the addition of DA diluted top tier team pool. Nothing Surf Cup can do about that. But, aren't there a couple/few other DA teams down south (or anywhere in the nation for that matter) with enough games under their belts to justify being there over Burlingame? The formula for making it in the top 4 was:

1) Win both games, or
2) Play Burlingame

I'm wondering if the expense of the DA tournament spread over 5 days kept some teams away.

I have to say I am a fan of one game a day and a day off after 2 days. It's just better for their bodies. I also have to believe the soccer on the last day will be of higher quality than the 6th game of the old 3-day tournaments. But, aren't they playing no reentry? I assume they are trying to mirror National Team game rules. If so, they are imposing that on a very large percentage of girls compared to the percent that will reach that level. No re-entry each half seems like a reasonable compromise.

I love no rentry but maybe it's because I am hopeful the floppers and fake injury crowd will understand their play time will be affected with their antics. I am also hopeful the unfit will learn that they actually have to condition and can't sprint for ten minutes and then come off to catch their breath.
It's time to grow up .

I love no rentry but maybe it's because I am hopeful the floppers and fake injury crowd will understand their play time will be affected with their antics. I am also hopeful the unfit will learn that they actually have to condition and can't sprint for ten minutes and then come off to catch their breath.
It's time to grow up .
That's definitely my preference. When it's played like hockey with "line changes" it's a different game. The more subs allowed, the more success teams will have pressuring and playing long ball. IMHO this approach, while it can be very successful in games, hinders skill development.

I'm sure Surf will be bringing there top team tomorrow to the semi finals. Looks like they rigged it to get through by making it unlimited goals to count as 1st tie breaker and they played a silver level team to rack up the goals. More Surf home cooking. Somethings will never change!
That's good news for us and the age group as a whole, really. Not from the perspective of a chance to win the game. But, who comes to Surf Cup to play in the top bracket against someone's "B" team - even a very good "B" team? I'm sure Solar was disappointed they didn't get to see Surf's best.

In order to be the best we all must play the best! We are all fortunate to have so many options and avenues for gaming . It will be a long but interesting year

I'm sure Surf will be bringing there top team tomorrow to the semi finals. Looks like they rigged it to get through by making it unlimited goals to count as 1st tie breaker and they played a silver level team to rack up the goals. More Surf home cooking. Somethings will never change!

Right. Because everyone knew that Burlingame's first-ever DA team would be horrible. That's why you and everyone else posted about it before the games kicked off, right? Hindsight.

And if that's the case, why did they schedule Burlingame to play LAGSD and Pats in the 03 age group?

Right. Because everyone knew that Burlingame's first-ever DA team would be horrible. That's why you and everyone else posted about it before the games kicked off, right? Hindsight.

And if that's the case, why did they schedule Burlingame to play LAGSD and Pats in the 03 age group?

Uh actually a lot of us did because we knew MVLA wasn't going. It's pretty clear.We are all very aware of where the girls who have caused us chest pain are playing vs not playing.

As far as Surf I think it would be an easier task to find a tourney where they didn't cook the brackets to get to a final. Every year and who cares? That's the joy of soccer and the game for those upsets.
Your team did well for them while they were at Nationals. You and the 05 guests did great and you should be proud of them!

You are forgetting that the 04 age group is SPECIAL at Surf with Board members kids on the team, including the President. They cook it every year for their team and need to given they don't always play all of the best players. But that will all come out in the wash come college recruiting, it always does.

Back