Surf Cup - DA --- Accepted Teams

Interesting. Yes. The GDA does not mandate playing DA at showcases. Obviously they only play DA in league.

Girls DA doesn't start until Sept, registration in August. Until then players or teams can play in the comps they have players cards for or meet the requirements of that comp. Girls DA brackets are a courtesy & optional at this point.

Placer is not officially a DA team until September. So that's why they're playing super black.
Aren't all GDA clubs in the same boat this year, since DA is brand new for girls and doesn't officially start until September, and that they all won't be officially DA until then?

If that's the case, what teams are the GDA teams in the age groups that span two birth years playing against against in these showcases?

I think it is up to the tournament how to handle that. I just looked at Silverlakes and a bunch of 02 teams are playing with DA teams.

I think it is up to the tournament how to handle that. I just looked at Silverlakes and a bunch of 02 teams are playing with DA teams.
DA teams for that age are 01-02. Not sure how that would work at all with a DA 01-02 team playing a pure 02 team.

Legends DA is pretty strong too. I would have to put them over Blues.

It looks like the teams were listed in alphabetical order, with the addition of Arsenal ECNL at the end... Agreed that Blues has the most to prove at this point after their showing at Legends Memorial tourney.

Beach, Blues, LAGSD, RSC , Slammers, Surf, West Coast -DA
Arsenal-ECNL
Seeing 99 percent of the DA clubs early on and I preface very early on - there are no teams to appear that are going to dominate this age group - individuals have speculated two clubs are far superior with talent but in my eyes the top 8-9 clubs are very, very close. I possibly see Surf slightly being in the top spot (even with a tie with Nott's Forrest a month back). With the clubs listed above a very close second (Beach, West Coast, Legends, RSC, Slammers, LAGSD. Haven't seen Galaxy South Bay. Many of these teams have played each other already with a one goal variance. Should be good parody and good battles coming up. Segovia is one of the top teams without a DA/ECNL status. They would be one of the top ECNL teams and very competitive in DA. Believe they tied Slammers DA in their first match up a few weeks ago as well. MVLA and some of the Vegas clubs are also very strong without being DA. Surf Cup and Silverlakes should also provide a bit of insight in the next few weeks. Again very, very early.

Seeing 99 percent of the DA clubs early on and I preface very early on - there are no teams to appear that are going to dominate this age group - individuals have speculated two clubs are far superior with talent but in my eyes the top 8-9 clubs are very, very close. I possibly see Surf slightly being in the top spot (even with a tie with Nott's Forrest a month back). With the clubs listed above a very close second (Beach, West Coast, Legends, RSC, Slammers, LAGSD. Haven't seen Galaxy South Bay. Many of these teams have played each other already with a one goal variance. Should be good parody and good battles coming up. Segovia is one of the top teams without a DA/ECNL status. They would be one of the top ECNL teams and very competitive in DA. Believe they tied Slammers DA in their first match up a few weeks ago as well. MVLA and some of the Vegas clubs are also very strong without being DA. Surf Cup and Silverlakes should also provide a bit of insight in the next few weeks. Again very, very early.
Thanks Hired Gun for seeing that there's VERY STRONG soccer teams in Nevada (HEAT 04 KR, now ECNL). We, Heat had a very good year and played very strong teams. Beat MVLA, one of few that beat them. Lost to Surf DA 2-1 at Regionals, one of their goals came from a PK, beat West Coast at a Pre-ECNL event to wasn't recorded to our record. With that being said, because we aren't a DA club and most of our competition is going DA, if our girls have any success at ECNL the naysayers will say because the other clubs are at DA. Wish we could've had 1 year of ECNL to see if we could play with SoCal to see if we really could hang.

Yes that's exactly why the naysayers will in fact say. No comparison here between our DA and ECNL teams.
I would say NV is so much more like the rest of the country. If you want to do DA it becomes your life. We just know a family who moving from SoCal to Nevada and can't even play anymore because the nearest ECNL or DA is Vegas so they are readjusting expectations. It takes a new level of committment. I applaud that!

Thanks Hired Gun for seeing that there's VERY STRONG soccer teams in Nevada (HEAT 04 KR, now ECNL). We, Heat had a very good year and played very strong teams. Beat MVLA, one of few that beat them. Lost to Surf DA 2-1 at Regionals, one of their goals came from a PK, beat West Coast at a Pre-ECNL event to wasn't recorded to our record. With that being said, because we aren't a DA club and most of our competition is going DA, if our girls have any success at ECNL the naysayers will say because the other clubs are at DA. Wish we could've had 1 year of ECNL to see if we could play with SoCal to see if we really could hang.
On the other hand what a great opportunity to win it all! Though the SW ECNL conference will be a bit softer there are some top level teams with elite talent that have remained ECNL. Don't sell ECNL short because the next couple of seasons will still be very, very good.

If your Nevada teams are as good as you think they are there will be good competition to test them. Now, just don't lose.

Back