2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

did anyone report the score of Pepp VS ASU?

I saw ASU play USD with my dd on Sunday. Both teams tried to knock it around a little bit but I have to be honest when I say both teams are pretty bad. My dd had a hard time watching it and said that it looked like a club game and not a D1 college game.

Sounds way more productive than my day although I do like the part of San Diego that USD is in.
I recently stayed a couple nights in Downtown SD by the USS Midway. Nice revitalization project happening there! Makes me wonder why my wife and I didn't stay there all these years for Surf Cup and SD ECNL Showcases.

Seattle Reign over UCLA 3-2. UCLA was missing 3 starters (4 if you count Sanchez in the fall) and trained 1 day. They used 3 of their 4 field subs. The result was fair although UCLA lead 2-1 with about 20 left in the game.

Seattle dominated most of the possession in the game. You could tell they have about 5+ years experience and strength on UCLA. #13 Rodriguez for UCLA is going to be really good. She stood out to me for the Bruins. UCLA keeper in the first half gave up a goal she shouldn't have. Were Pugh and Rapinoe with the National Team? Fleming with Canada?

Seattle dominated most of the possession in the game. You could tell they have about 5+ years experience and strength on UCLA. #13 Rodriguez for UCLA is going to be really good. She stood out to me for the Bruins. UCLA keeper in the first half gave up a goal she shouldn't have. Were Pugh and Rapinoe with the National Team? Fleming with Canada?

Pugh and Fleming are both with their national teams and Gorolski and Sanchez are with the U23's. We will see how they match up next season. The Bruins had 14 field players and were playing pro rules against a pro team that subbed 7. No biggie.

Seattle dominated most of the possession in the game. You could tell they have about 5+ years experience and strength on UCLA. #13 Rodriguez for UCLA is going to be really good. She stood out to me for the Bruins.

A couple of things. First, if you like Rodriguez you are going to love Fleming. Without a doubt she is the best midfielder in the nation bar none. Second, there were lots of positives for the team not the least of which is that they were leading a pro team in the 69th minute with a small bench and the 2 best college players in the country weren't with them. They will be fine.

They mentioned the crowd, making me wonder if the inland empire could/would/should support a women's professional soccer team. I'd be all for it. My comments above were meant to demean UCLA if that is the way it came out. To be ahead in the 2nd half missing key parts of your team was a huge accomplishment against a professional team. Seattle just played great possession ball for most of the game. So many wonderful one touch passes.

Did UCLA play two different keepers? Eyes weren't great enough to see the keeper in the 2nd half but she played differently than in the first half.

They mentioned the crowd, making me wonder if the inland empire could/would/should support a women's professional soccer team. I'd be all for it. My comments above were meant to demean UCLA if that is the way it came out. To be ahead in the 2nd half missing key parts of your team was a huge accomplishment against a professional team. Seattle just played great possession ball for most of the game. So many wonderful one touch passes.

Did UCLA play two different keepers? Eyes weren't great enough to see the keeper in the 2nd half but she played differently than in the first half.

I didn't take it as demeaning. The Bruins were on their back foot for a good part of the game as expected against the 5th place NWSL team. Not to mention that they got back from spring break on Monday and only had one training session (Monday) in the last two weeks and Seattle starts their season next weekend. I was proud of how they played.

Only two UCLA players didn't get in the game out of 16 and one was the backup keeper. The keeper was the same both halves. She was just a little rusty. She will be fine come July.

I saw USC's coaches at the UCLA/Seattle Reign game and at least 2 of their players. I wonder why they were there. I sat next to Haley Rosen's of the Seattle Reign (ex-Stanford player) parents and they said that they were probably there to see Katie Johnson. I told them I doubt that is the reason that they were there.

Not sure what you mean by that. It was a good environment. Lots of club girls getting inspired to dream of bigger stages to play on. I thought that it was cute. #GIRLPOWER.
Question is how many of those parents last night actually think their DDs will be recruited to play soccer for UCLA? o_O

Back