2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

Can someone post the scores?

Pepperdine 1-0 over UCSB, 1-1 draw between Pepperdine and UCLA, UCLA 2-0 over UCSB. I only caught the last 15-20 minutes of the Pepperdine/UCLA game and the Bruins looked the worst that I saw them all year. Lots of work to do before August. Pepperdine had a lot to do with that.

Pepperdine 1-0 over UCSB, 1-1 draw between Pepperdine and UCLA, UCLA 2-0 over UCSB. I only caught the last 15-20 minutes of the Pepperdine/UCLA game and the Bruins looked the worst that I saw them all year. Lots of work to do before August. Pepperdine had a lot to do with that.
I thought Pep played pretty well going back to back games for the last spring scrimmage.
UCLA is a great team.
Didnt see most of the first game with UCSB.

I thought Pep played pretty well going back to back games for the last spring scrimmage.
UCLA is a great team.
Didnt see most of the first game with UCSB.

The Waves looked very good. They created lots of chances. I heard how their goal was scored as I was driving there and I thought that they were lucky. After watching the end of the game it was clear that the result was fair and could have easily gone either way. They will be dangerous this season. I'm just sad that they don't play in the "BU" this year.

The Waves looked very good. They created lots of chances. I heard how their goal was scored as I was driving there and I thought that they were lucky. After watching the end of the game it was clear that the result was fair and could have easily gone either way. They will be dangerous this season. I'm just sad that they don't play in the "BU" this year.
UCLA keeper was way off her line, and got one drilled over her head.
The girl that scored, Bri V, had one off the crossbar, and beat the keeper on another, only to have her shot cleared off the line by a UCLA defender.
She was a handful today.

Curious....Do you foresee others of her caliber follow suit?

@Zerodenero I know that the other player of her caliber who also happens to play for her federation and a particular college team has no plans to leave early even though it has been encouraged by her national team coach. This particular player has aspirations outside of soccer and is an exceptional student in one of the top programs of it's kind in the world. Luckily her federations compensation structure isn't as lucrative as the US CBA has suddenly become. Also thank goodness she is a brilliant student who has HUGE aspirations and wants it all including the college experience and a national title.

@Zerodenero I know that the other player of her caliber who also happens to play for her federation and a particular college team has no plans to leave early even though it has been encouraged by her national team coach. This particular player has aspirations outside of soccer and is an exceptional student in one of the top programs of it's kind in the world. Luckily her federations compensation structure isn't as lucrative as the US CBA has suddenly become. Also thank goodness she is a brilliant student who has HUGE aspirations and wants it all including the college experience and a national title.

Got it. It's taken a bit of time for me to come to this conclusion....but for the top tier, best of the best players like Pugh, why would they not use their god given abilities and choose the path she's choosing?....not everyone in the America must go to school to be successful (wow that sounds weird to me). And I suppose that if she wants, she can always come back to school and get her degree (once her playing days are done).

If we want women's soccer to rise up in mass popularity and attract advertisers/conglomerates to spend $$ into w-soccer, it's going to take big names like Pugh....Sanchez.....Macario & others to Help grow the sport to the next level. So I applaud her decision and hope others of her caliber follow suit.

Got it. It's taken a bit of time for me to come to this conclusion....but for the top tier, best of the best players like Pugh, why would they not use their god given abilities and choose the path she's choosing?....not everyone in the America must go to school to be successful (wow that sounds weird to me). And I suppose that if she wants, she can always come back to school and get her degree (once her playing days are done).

If we want women's soccer to rise up in mass popularity and attract advertisers/conglomerates to spend $$ into w-soccer, it's going to take big names like Pugh....Sanchez.....Macario & others to Help grow the sport to the next level. So I applaud her decision and hope others of her caliber follow suit.

I hope that the one that I was referring to doesn't leave early. The others aren't quite on Pugh's level at this time although they might be in the future. The one that I am referring to is at least as good as Pugh right now and has many more international caps that her. Not to mention an Olympic medal that she earned at the ripe old age of 18.

Seriously? This is a foolish decision. She is missing out on a world class education that will benefit her for the rest of her life. The benefits are not the same in professional soccer for female soccer players compared to the men.

Back