2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

Washington and Oregon are going to surprise people. This is going to be one of those years that the PAC 12 gets 8 or 9 teams in. Utah could be a top 10-12 team. BYU is going to take some lumps this season. Pepperdine will be the class of the WCC. The ACC is going to be extremely too heavy this year. I like Florida St to win it but Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame and Virginia all look like top 10 teams. The SEC is going to be a knife fight between Florida and Texas A&M.

My top 15 are:

UCLA
Florida St
Stanford
Penn St
North Carolina
Duke
Notre Dame
Florida
West Virginia
Utah
Virginia
Texas A&M
Pepperdine
Colorado
USC

No love for Santa Clara?

They lose a lot of offense plus a couple defenders. Jackmon transferring is troubling. She was a two year starter and her transferring out is not a good sign. She started 40/41 games in her career. Transfers out for non-playing time issues are red flags. Especially players that are future pros. Their loss is Oregon's gain.

I have not hard nice things about certain staff there.
Santa Clara? One of my buddies who's DD is committed to Pepperdine this Fall was also heavily recruited by Santa Clara. The head coach told him something like, oh Pepperdine...they make it into the NCAA playoffs every 4-5 years. Dam he threw some serious shade at Pepperdine.

Santa Clara? One of my buddies who's DD is committed to Pepperdine this Fall was also heavily recruited by Santa Clara. The head coach told him something like, oh Pepperdine...they make it into the NCAA playoffs every 4-5 years. Dam he threw some serious shade at Pepperdine.

The things I have heard came directly from former players. It didn't sound pleasant.

Noob question but will any of these matches be telecast or live streamed anywhere? How do you all watch these?

You can subscribe to Pac12 network easily.
Also believe it or not twitter is really fun to be able to get clips. USC, UCLA, CU are awesome to follow on game day because they immediate post clips of goals. My DD loves that

Smo56 you can go online and subscribe or you can contact your cable TV provider to see if you can subscribe to watch in your area...
The spring scrimmages are not televised as far as I know.
Most of the regular season and post season games are live streamed, and can be found easily by clicking on the schedules of the teams playing prior to the game.
Conference apps can be downloaded, and viewed that way.
Sometimes you need to watch the game through the enemies stream.

Noob question but will any of these matches be telecast or live streamed anywhere? How do you all watch these?

The games in SoCal are easy to attend (unless they are in Camarillo). Nothing better than to take a half day and cruise up the coast to Malibu or Long Beach to catch a game with the little one wearing her club jersey. Mine told me several times on those trips that she would be playing college soccer someday. Nothing like watching a girls dreams become inspiration.

I have not hard nice things about certain staff there.

Regardless the top 8 or 9 that I listed all could legitimately win it, the top 6 are all ridiculously talented and/or deep and the top 4 all would be easy picks to win it in any other year. Pepperdine returns a lot from a good team and has a very good recruiting class signed and they are just a top 15 team in my eyes. It's going to be a fun year. Welcome to the wild world of D1 college soccer.

Back