2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

UNLV vs. BYU, BYU vs. USC, UNLV vs. USC this Saturday. Should be another fun 3 games to watch.

Did you catch the USC/BYU game and the USC/UNLV GAME? I heard that BYU won 2-0. Any details? Was anybody there? I would love to ear from anyone that watched the game.

Did you catch the USC/BYU game and the USC/UNLV GAME? I heard that BYU won 2-0. Any details? Was anybody there? I would love to ear from anyone that watched the game.
I'm probably not the best assessor of the college game, but here's my thoughts from what I saw. USC was moving the ball very well. They seemed to be trying to play more possession-style, so I respected that. BYU was playing the same game they did against UCLA. Great individual high-pressing, while USC was pressing more as a unit. All three games (we left the UNLV-USC game early) simply came down to who could finish their chances. BYU capitalized on some mistakes from the backline and USC couldn't seem to answer. BYU is very lucky to have that #6. She scored both goals by being in the right place at the right time thanks to her high IQ. She's a very fun player to watch. Maybe I'm the only one that saw it, but USC's #11 is a little workhorse and a very talented player. Put her anywhere on the field and she'll make an impact and do the little things that make everyone else look better. I'm a little biased toward UNLV as my DD will be going there, but their future is looking bright as well, and it will be interesting to see how they fare this next season!

I'm probably not the best assessor of the college game, but here's my thoughts from what I saw. USC was moving the ball very well. They seemed to be trying to play more possession-style, so I respected that. BYU was playing the same game they did against UCLA. Great individual high-pressing, while USC was pressing more as a unit. All three games (we left the UNLV-USC game early) simply came down to who could finish their chances. BYU capitalized on some mistakes from the backline and USC couldn't seem to answer. BYU is very lucky to have that #6. She scored both goals by being in the right place at the right time thanks to her high IQ. She's a very fun player to watch. Maybe I'm the only one that saw it, but USC's #11 is a little workhorse and a very talented player. Put her anywhere on the field and she'll make an impact and do the little things that make everyone else look better. I'm a little biased toward UNLV as my DD will be going there, but their future is looking bright as well, and it will be interesting to see how they fare this next season!
UNLV picked up 2 solid SoCal players for this fall in C.A. and E.B.

Drove by yesterday and 4 sets of bleachers were set up at Silver Lakes for the game tomorrow. Should have great weather tomorrow for a what should be a fun game.

Drove by yesterday and 4 sets of bleachers were set up at Silver Lakes for the game tomorrow. Should have great weather tomorrow for a what should be a fun game.

Let's hope that it isn't too hot. UCLA is playing with only 3 field player subs.

Wheres the teeny tiny violin icon?

I know it's hard to feel bad for them and their 1st world problems but they literally just got back from spring break last night and haven't trained for a week. With only 14 field players playing against a professional team that starts their season next week, nice weather would be good. Most of the players are going to play close to 90 minutes.

Like they're missing some draft picks.

Good possession, just need to gel.

@pulgita says that they are going to try to play possession this year and your statement confirms it. Good for them. I am a fan of the coach even if I don't like the school or how they played last year. He is very insightful and all of the interviews that I have seen of him he speaks with a great deal of candor. And it doesn't hurt that he is a brutha from the deep South.

@pulgita says that they are going to try to play possession this year and your statement confirms it. Good for them. I am a fan of the coach even if I don't like the school or how they played last year. He is very insightful and all of the interviews that I have seen of him he speaks with a great deal of candor. And it doesn't hurt that he is a brutha from the deep South.
Thanks for the props but try? "There is no try, do or do not but there will be no try". You didn't think they spent all that money to bring in two of the most dominant possession midfielders in the country and not use them that way did you?

BTW where did Chris Lemay go from Cal now that Austin Risenhouser is there. Hate to say it but any hopes of a more possession orientated SOP has now gone out the window.

Thanks for the props but try? "There is no try, do or do not but there will be no try". You didn't think they spent all that money to bring in two of the most dominant possession midfielders in the country and not use them that way did you?

I assumed that he brought them there for a reason. He is good coach and will put a winning product on the pitch. This season I expect it to be more aesthetically pleasing and clearly they have been getting quality recruits. I am looking forward to this season.

Back