Trans eligibility rules for girls sports.

That’s just talking smack.

Show me a score. Or, better yet, several scores.

I just checked the U15 scores from the most recent Gothia Cup. Five US teams. Four went undefeated in group. Marin FC were the slackers. They went 3-1-1.

Marin FC, in case you were unaware, is not generally known as a powerhouse of NorCal soccer. Barely in the top 100 nationally. Even they came in second in their group at Gothia.

Still telling me that the European teams are all far better?
Most of the top European academies don't participate in Gothia Cup.

We won our bracket at Gothia Cup a few years ago and beat a couple other bracket winners, and relatively speaking we weren't a particularly strong team.

Most of the top European academies don't participate in Gothia Cup.

We won our bracket at Gothia Cup a few years ago and beat a couple other bracket winners, and relatively speaking we weren't a particularly strong team.
Where do they go?

That’s just talking smack.

Show me a score. Or, better yet, several scores.

I just checked the U15 scores from the most recent Gothia Cup. Five US teams. Four went undefeated in group. Marin FC were the slackers. They went 3-1-1.

Marin FC, in case you were unaware, is not generally known as a powerhouse of NorCal soccer. Barely in the top 100 nationally. Even they came in second in their group at Gothia.

Still telling me that the European teams are all far better?
The women's pro leagues in Europe have exploded in the last few years with a lot of the large clubs now carrying pro teams. The best young female European players now go pro at 16/17/18. That's how those clubs, who have been developing players for decades, work.

The "show me the results" is an absolute nonsense argument. I'll paraphrase Edwin Van Der Sar, CEO of Ajax, renowned for their youth development system for decades - "the only team where I care about the score is the senior team - every other team is about development, we don't care about the result." That's their (clubs) mentality.

What smack? I've made clear my kid does not play for one of the two academy teams in SoCal.

You're the one that set up the test: purpose, quality kids, quality games, and I added training. You then came back with the lame ass "but it's a feeder".

You know one of my positions on this forum (and in front of the YDI...whatever happened to that anyways....kind of whithered with COVID and I never heard anything anymore about it) was that the scoreline is meaningless. A year ago I saw the U12 TFA boys at I think it was at Mic beat the Manchester United Academy Team. Besides that at that age Europeans are mostly playing much smaller games, there is a simple reason why that happened. If you look at the game (I'm pretty sure it's available online), TFA was trying to long ball it, out run and press Manchester United into a victory. Manchester United was trying to build from the back and the keeper never (rarely?) punted. You can't seriously argue that the TFA boys academy teams are the equivalent to what the Manchester United Academy is presenting. The thing about the Europeans is that they are much more patient with these things than we are (demanding the immediate win). Yes, progress is important and eventually the Academies do engage in ruthless cutting, but they aren't going to be like my son's first AYSO United bronze team coach that rather than see his long term potential cut him after 1 season not even letting him finish state cup (and despite the much vaunted AYSO United equal play principles).

And as to the quality measure, unless you are prepared to say "well, what I mean is no MTF on the Blues and Surf team", that's not the measure you need to compare. The comparison isn't the top quality team but the lower quality teams, of which there have been a ton of complaints on these forums regarding. Here's one for scores matter: Strikers in my son's age group is the top MLS Next Team. One of their top players, despite being on the top Strikers team, left to go play for LA Galaxy and now thanks to that move and the move of his videographer relative, you can see the LA Galaxy academy games on line (instead of strikers). Why, if Strikers it the top team in its division and had even beaten some academy teams and had access at showcases to academy and international competition? Because there is something different about a professional academy system.

I never said Europeans are far better. I said their system is professional while ECNL is not, at least not as currently structured. It's the reason why Europeans are catching up. They have still have a way to go because they started from so far behind, but they are causing US Soccer to worry this year. But I have a prediction for you: 4-8 years out there is going to be a panic among US Soccer about the quality of the USWNT on all age levels relative to the Europeans and they will switch to an academy system. Talk to me then. We don't have it now. What we have is glorified kiddie ball that tries to sell itself as "elite".
And so the argument drifts.

You can’t actually make your case that RTC is a higher level of play. So now the line is at “professional” and “training”.

Except that RTC training is just 3 hours per week, and none of those kids are getting paid.

From the Lioness Talent Pathway:

“There are 30 RTCs spread across the country (excluding those regions where Advanced Coaching Centres are operating).

They are managed by local organisations who facilitate the administration and running of the RTC. A minimum of three hours training are provided per week to each age group, and all players take part in a fixture programme.”

So, what’s your next reason? We’ve ruled out level of play, training time, and professional status.

Wow. 3 hours per week. That’s kind of an amazing commitment there. I see why you think US teams can’t match it.

You can’t actually make your case that RTC is a higher level of play. So now the line is at “professional” and “training”.

Except that RTC training is just 3 hours per week, and none of those kids are getting paid.

“There are 30 RTCs spread across the country (excluding those regions where Advanced Coaching Centres are operating).

They are managed by local organisations who facilitate the administration and running of the RTC. A minimum of three hours training are provided per week to each age group, and all players take part in a fixture programme.”

So, what’s your next reason? We’ve ruled out level of play, training time, and professional status.

Wow. 3 hours per week. That’s kind of an amazing commitment there. I see why you think US teams can’t match it.
The highest level of play (pre-pro) in England is the 15 Academies who cater for 16-20 year olds. It literally says so in your link. It also says the RTC is for "players identified as having elite potential", not elite players - those would be the ones who graduate to the Academy. England are obviously European Champions and are one of 3 European teams to beat the USWNT in the fall (US did also beat Germany who they played twice).

They appear to play local leagues until U14 (note that the Academies are also players in the RTCs so you'd expect its a feeder system for them) and then have national U14 & U16 leagues - no U15 and nothing after U16. So you make the elite or you're done.

1676075867155.png

I'm not making the case RTC is a higher level of play. I'm asking doesn't RTC flow into ODP? If so, that might provide a rationale for exception: because of the USWNT pathway. My understanding from previous posts here is that at national team camps, there is drug testing, which is where I draw the line on matters v not matters.

RTC is in no way equivalent to academy play. Because of that 3 hours per week, I'm completely indifferent as to the outcome there. I'd prefer it to be open, but I see the rational for the exception.

Oh hey....I just read your article. I thought you were talking about the US RTCs for the little ones. I didn't understand you were talking about the English RTCs and NTCs. Didn't even know if that's a thing there. But it's the same rationale. If transgendered aren't allowed to play on the youth national team level, it would make sense they got banned at the talent camp level as well....I mean they could go but it would be kinda pointless, no?

The women's pro leagues in Europe have exploded in the last few years with a lot of the large clubs now carrying pro teams. The best young female European players now go pro at 16/17/18. That's how those clubs, who have been developing players for decades, work.

The "show me the results" is an absolute nonsense argument. I'll paraphrase Edwin Van Der Sar, CEO of Ajax, renowned for their youth development system for decades - "the only team where I care about the score is the senior team - every other team is about development, we don't care about the result." That's their (clubs) mentality.
Wise words and the short term thinking is why Americans, from the first team on down, have struggled to catch up. It's no wonder that we've begun to make a little more of an impact with players that are being trained in Europe. This is exactly it.

Oh hey....I just read your article. I thought you were talking about the US RTCs for the little ones. I didn't understand you were talking about the English RTCs and NTCs. Didn't even know if that's a thing there. But it's the same rationale. If transgendered aren't allowed to play on the youth national team level, it would make sense they got banned at the talent camp level as well....I mean they could go but it would be kinda pointless, no?
I misread the article, as whatithink pointed out.

I wasn't thinking of it as a question of national team vs rec. USSF already draws that line. But it doesn't fully explain it. Most English academy kids will never get close to a national team uniform. "Unable to help the national team" is not, by itself, disqualifying.

It may also be a residential versus non-residential line. As noted before, dorm assignments are far more personal than just being teammates.

The last angle is the fairness one. 16 years old is around the time that the boys / girl athletic gap gets really large. If you create a place for recognizing and training top female athletes, maybe you just restrict admission to the females.

Probably a combination of all three.

Teachers and Counselors need to back off and stop this nonsense. Focus on education. You stepped way over your boundaries. I had the coolest school counselor at Laguna. He called me into his office during the end of my Sophomore year to let me know I will have to repeat 10th grade. "Why boss?" "Well Crush, you missed way too many days of school. No sports for you next year unless you go full time Summer School to make up missed days." I did go to summer school so I could play the next year but then I quit after sports was over. Look guys, I was trying be a pro surfer and when the waves were good, crush skipped class, unless of course I had basketball game or baseball game that day. I did keep my grade at least 2.0. If you don;'t show up to class on game day, your not allowed to play.

1676134737749.png

Last edited:
I misread the article, as whatithink pointed out.

I wasn't thinking of it as a question of national team vs rec. USSF already draws that line. But it doesn't fully explain it. Most English academy kids will never get close to a national team uniform. "Unable to help the national team" is not, by itself, disqualifying.

It may also be a residential versus non-residential line. As noted before, dorm assignments are far more personal than just being teammates.

The last angle is the fairness one. 16 years old is around the time that the boys / girl athletic gap gets really large. If you create a place for recognizing and training top female athletes, maybe you just restrict admission to the females.

Probably a combination of all three.
The city of Baltimore is hiring Math Teachers Dad. I guess out of all the schools no one is efficient in Math. Math is way to hard and messes up confidence for most people. Teach the kids how to earn money and how to invest so they don't have to worry about selling their soul to make a buck later or have to rely on SS when their 75 and about to enter the lovely nursing home for end of life care.

The city of Baltimore is hiring Math Teachers Dad. I guess out of all the schools no one is efficient in Math. Math is way to hard and messes up confidence for most people. Teach the kids how to earn money and how to invest so they don't have to worry about selling their soul to make a buck later or have to rely on SS when their 75 and about to enter the lovely nursing home for end of life care.
Everywhere is hiring math teachers. Trouble is, they all want someone who keeps their mouth shut when junior is in calculus but can’t even multiply. That’s not me.

Never mind teaching kids how to invest. I’m happy if I can teach them how to keep out of credit card debt.

Let me explain something to you. You cannot successfully invest unless you have access to money. Although you call it "selling your soul", for most people including yourself, employment is the only realistic way to obtain access to money to invest later. Also, the reality is that teachers do teach kids how to earn money. In fact, how often did teachers and counselors warn you what would happen if you continued to be such a fuck up? How many times were you told to max out your 401k contributions if you ever did get a job? How many times did they tell you that you would never, ever make a living as a surfer? And what happened after you didn't listen to them?

It is crazy how people cause history to repeat itself with their own kids. Here you are telling everyone how you completely disregarded education and instead bet everything on a professional surfing career, and you failed. Although you should know more than anyone from personal experience how stupid your path was, you still directed your own daughter down the same one, and also in a sport in which it is virtually impossible to make a decent living.

Let me explain something to you. You cannot successfully invest unless you have access to money. Although you call it "selling your soul", for most people including yourself, employment is the only realistic way to obtain access to money to invest later. Also, the reality is that teachers do teach kids how to earn money. In fact, how often did teachers and counselors warn you what would happen if you continued to be such a fuck up?
Let me give you some advice. Listen to Dave the atheist talk with Joe Rogan on his experience show. Dave is now a believer at 58. Let me know if you learn anything. It's not too late to capitulate. Money is lie dummy. You can have it all buddy. When were done digging up all this evil, the roots of money will be destroyed. My adopted mommy owned 7 homes in Laguna, San Clemente, Yorba Linda (50 acres), Fullerton and 25% of Hawaiian Punch. WHO needs money to invest? Don't let my satire fool you and school you. Talk about a dumb dumb....lol! Oh my, just wait until your exposed!! I have two other fools like you on here that will get exposed as well, you naughty man. I'm sure your life is better than my life.....lol!

Let me give you some advice. Listen to Dave the atheist talk with Joe Rogan on his experience show. Dave is now a believer at 58. Let me know if you learn anything. It's not too late to capitulate. Money is lie dummy. You can have it all buddy. When were done digging up all this evil, the roots of money will be destroyed. My adopted mommy owned 7 homes in Laguna, San Clemente, Yorba Linda (50 acres), Fullerton and 25% of Hawaiian Punch. WHO needs money to invest? Don't let my satire fool you and school you. Talk about a dumb dumb....lol! Oh my, just wait until your exposed!! I have two other fools like you on here that will get exposed as well, you naughty man. I'm sure your life is better than my life.....lol!

So now you're telling us that you're a trust funding ne'er-do-well who dropped out of HS and who has spent most of his adult life trying to steal "scholarship" money from youth soccer clubs that should have been going to those who actually needed it? You had life handed to you on a silver platter but still dropped out of HS and can neither spell nor add?

So now you're telling us that you're a trust funding ne'er-do-well who dropped out of HS and who has spent most of his adult life trying to steal "scholarship" money from youth soccer clubs that should have been going to those who actually needed it? You had life handed to you on a silver platter but still dropped out of HS and can neither spell nor add?
1676479321236.png

Intersexual? This is a new term for me. To our experts on the forum panel here, is this the same as a MTF?

Last edited:
Back