Trans eligibility rules for girls sports.

Some of the farm girls where i grew up didn't look much like girls until they got into high school. I remember getting beaten up by one in 6th grade.

Now it's one of my favorite fantasies.

LOL - I remember losing to one in an arm wrestling match. Good times!

I don't have any substantive comment here but I think it is creepy hysterical that in the add feed for this thread there is an ad for online hormone therapy for trans people from "TransClinique".

What’s happened in Utah is an ugly reflection of transphobia. Their governor even tried to veto the hate bill, saying it’s not something his citizens should even be worried about. Yet they did worry when their precious kids lost to a better team. Now, any poor girl in that state that doesn’t have long hair and small muscles is going to be a target of these hysterical parents.

Sad to see, all for some boogie man in their minds.

What’s happened in Utah is an ugly reflection of transphobia. Their governor even tried to veto the hate bill, saying it’s not something his citizens should even be worried about. Yet they did worry when their precious kids lost to a better team. Now, any poor girl in that state that doesn’t have long hair and small muscles is going to be a target of these hysterical parents.

Sad to see, all for some boogie man in their minds.

As I said, a bunch of chicken littles. As a staunch republican, I stand by the republican principals of logic over emotion, limited government, minding your own business, and being the city on the hill setting an example for the rest of the world. These cry babies whipping themselves into a frenzy must be from some other party.

Even discussing it generally makes it hard on these children. All they want is to lead a normal life, but haters seem to think what they are really doing is trying to find a way to get a hand up in life to ruin someone else's athletic dreams. lol, yeah, that's the first thing on a 10-year old's mind: how can I ruin some one else's dreams of playing in college?
Simple. Play co-ed soccer. That's normal.

Should sanctioning bodies allow male to female trans athletes to register on girls teams?

Please do not mention any specific child or team. It is common enough to be an issue, but we can discuss the fairness questions without making life hard for some kid.

No.

Should sanctioning bodies allow male to female trans athletes to register on girls teams?

NO !

It is CHEATING, plain and simple.

A Male cannot become a Female.

A Female cannot become a Male.

Mutilating a Human Being to give the appearance
of the opposite sex is Fraud.

People like to say that this is a fringe issue, and right now I mostly agree. But there will come a day when a top boys youth soccer team, in order to prove a political point, will enter a huge tournament like Surf Cup as a girls team, and decisions will need to be made. Lawsuits will be filed. Tournaments will be in an impossible situation: let them play and see 30-0 scores or reject them and face a discrimination lawsuit.

College scholarships can be worth $100k a year. Is it out of the realm of possibility that a mid-level boy suddenly becomes the best girl soccer player in the state and snags a full ride to USC? Do you think college coaches will not jump at a chance to snag the best "girl" soccer players in order to turn their team around to keep their job?

I am all for letting people live how they want, but when that means you are taking valuable things away from others because it gives you an advantage, we need to be rational.

Over the last 6-7 years I've seen 3 "boys" playing on girls teams. Interestingly 2 out of the 3 were goalies.

If you want to see how much society has changed reguarding boys playing on girls soccer teams watch the old Rodney Dangerfield movie Ladybugs. In the 80s a boy playing on a girls team was accepted as wrong + not even questioned. Now as long as boys really want to be a girl its ok.

People like to say that this is a fringe issue, and right now I mostly agree. But there will come a day when a top boys youth soccer team, in order to prove a political point, will enter a huge tournament like Surf Cup as a girls team, and decisions will need to be made. Lawsuits will be filed. Tournaments will be in an impossible situation: let them play and see 30-0 scores or reject them and face a discrimination lawsuit.

College scholarships can be worth $100k a year. Is it out of the realm of possibility that a mid-level boy suddenly becomes the best girl soccer player in the state and snags a full ride to USC? Do you think college coaches will not jump at a chance to snag the best "girl" soccer players in order to turn their team around to keep their job?

I am all for letting people live how they want, but when that means you are taking valuable things away from others because it gives you an advantage, we need to be rational.

So you're saying that trans girls should not be allowed to play with other girls because maybe someday there might be a team of transphobic boys who decide to be even bigger assholes than typical transphobes? Does this mean you're admitting it's the transphobes who are the problem, not the actual trans kids? Oh, and your incredibly stupid speculation about a mid-level boy trying to snag a college scholarship on a girls team conveniently omits the years of hormone therapy they need to do first. And the fact that no one has ever done that in history. And the fact that, yet again, the fake "problem" that you are creating to oppose trans children from playing has nothing to do with people who are legitimately transgender, but only people who are transphobic. You are really so dense that you don't realize that you keep admitting that it's the transphobic people like yourself who are the problem?

Well I'll just leave this here.

In 1988, at the US Olympic trials in Indianapolis, Florence Griffith Joyner romped home in the female 100m quarterfinals to set a new world record of 10.49 seconds. In over 30 years, that record has yet to be broken. Five years ago, In 2017, 744 senior males ran 2825 100m races faster than 10.49s.

In 1993, Russian Irina Privalova set the 60m world record which still stands 30 years later. Last year, 5 Senior Boys alone in the State of Maryland beat her time. 60m translates to the pitch much better than the 100m. Still, this shows just how much more physically dominent men are.

This is just my personal opinion, but if one cannot legally vote, drink, or smoke, even with parent approval, I do not believe they should be allowed to make the choice to mutilate their body or be put on hormone blockers. However, once one reaches the age of 18, game on for whatever you want to do.

I have nothing against those who choose to be homosexual, trans, or whatever, but I do have something against what science says about it's biological advantages over the opposite sex. Even with hormone blockers, especially if not taken before puberty, the biological makeup is still going to be a major advantage but like I said, it should absolutely be illegal to take hormone blockers before puberty.

In all honesty it is also my opinion women taking hormones in trans to men should not be able to partake in Women's OR Men's sports. They will have physical advantages over women similar to steriods, yet not strong enough for Men's sports, especially contact sports.

Lastly, when one talks about "feelings", I always find it interesting that for every one transgender that might have mental struggles, you could probably multiply that number at 5x for the teammates around them that are forced to accept what is likely an unfair advantage, and if their are also locker rooms involved, the additional mental stress from that. If you want proof, just look at Lia Thomas who started her transformation late. Hormone therapy after puberty. Fellow teammates and competitors equally highly upset. So on, so forth.

If Steroids are illegal than so should Female-to-Male (biological male genes are performance enhancing) trans athletes, as well as female to male (male hormone treatments pretty much are steroids.)

Again, sorry, I'm not against homosexuality or however one identifies, but Trans in sports is a losing debate. In the end, it hurts girls and young women much more than it hurts the Trans girl itself. To play Devil's advocate, I do think this is a State issue and should be settled in States. That way, with states in favor, families can move there if they so choose. I think the NCAA should take a serious look on how to approach this issue.

7-0 U15 Boys win over U23 Womens National team (w/Rose Lavelle and others)

Quinn, Canadian Trans, First Trans National Team player. (Another women sadly left off roster for human born with male genome).

U17 Boy allowed to play with girls team.

Well I'll just leave this here.

In 1988, at the US Olympic trials in Indianapolis, Florence Griffith Joyner romped home in the female 100m quarterfinals to set a new world record of 10.49 seconds. In over 30 years, that record has yet to be broken. Five years ago, In 2017, 744 senior males ran 2825 100m races faster than 10.49s.

In 1993, Russian Irina Privalova set the 60m world record which still stands 30 years later. Last year, 5 Senior Boys alone in the State of Maryland beat her time. 60m translates to the pitch much better than the 100m. Still, this shows just how much more physically dominent men are.

This is just my personal opinion, but if one cannot legally vote, drink, or smoke, even with parent approval, I do not believe they should be allowed to make the choice to mutilate their body or be put on hormone blockers. However, once one reaches the age of 18, game on for whatever you want to do.

I have nothing against those who choose to be homosexual, trans, or whatever, but I do have something against what science says about it's biological advantages over the opposite sex. Even with hormone blockers, especially if not taken before puberty, the biological makeup is still going to be a major advantage but like I said, it should absolutely be illegal to take hormone blockers before puberty.

In all honesty it is also my opinion women taking hormones in trans to men should not be able to partake in Women's OR Men's sports. They will have physical advantages over women similar to steriods, yet not strong enough for Men's sports, especially contact sports.

Lastly, when one talks about "feelings", I always find it interesting that for every one transgender that might have mental struggles, you could probably multiply that number at 5x for the teammates around them that are forced to accept what is likely an unfair advantage, and if their are also locker rooms involved, the additional mental stress from that. If you want proof, just look at Lia Thomas who started her transformation late. Hormone therapy after puberty. Fellow teammates and competitors equally highly upset. So on, so forth.

If Steroids are illegal than so should Female-to-Male (biological male genes are performance enhancing) trans athletes, as well as female to male (male hormone treatments pretty much are steroids.)

Again, sorry, I'm not against homosexuality or however one identifies, but Trans in sports is a losing debate. In the end, it hurts girls and young women much more than it hurts the Trans girl itself. To play Devil's advocate, I do think this is a State issue and should be settled in States. That way, with states in favor, families can move there if they so choose. I think the NCAA should take a serious look on how to approach this issue.

7-0 U15 Boys win over U23 Womens National team (w/Rose Lavelle and others)

Quinn, Canadian Trans, First Trans National Team player. (Another women sadly left off roster for human born with male genome).

U17 Boy allowed to play with girls team.
just an FYI….according to Wikipedia, Quinn was born a female and transitioned to Non Binary. They is why the NWSL permits “them” to play.

Other than that I would agree with much of your sentiment

Back