How’s the 2023-24 season going?

Sometimes an ECNL patch in an RL game just means the player recently got cut from the higher team. Moving down a team is bad enough. You're not going to rip the patch off their jersey, too.

No matter though, it's allowed to use ECNL Players in an RL playoff game. In no world is this fair! At least with movement and recruiting within the age group and level, it's fair. Terrible rule and borderline theft imo. Someone loses play time for this unfair ridiculous rule and there is no recourse for the players. Don't go to playoffs for the theft and you have to find your kid another team and she may love the girls she plays with? We're all sheep and pitted against each other pretty much!

No matter though, it's allowed to use ECNL Players in an RL playoff game. In no world is this fair! At least with movement and recruiting within the age group and level, it's fair. Terrible rule and borderline theft imo. Someone loses play time for this unfair ridiculous rule and there is no recourse for the players. Don't go to playoffs for the theft and you have to find your kid another team and she may love the girls she plays with? We're all sheep and pitted against each other pretty much!

If a player is rostered with an NL team, they should not be allowed to move to an RL team within the same season for their club. However, moving from an RL team to an NL team should be permitted. This policy is fair because players who have improved over the season deserve the opportunity to play in NL, but moving from NL to RL would not be fair. It's similar to the rule where players can play up an age group but cannot play down. This ensures fairness for the RL league.

If a player is rostered with an NL team, they should not be allowed to move to an RL team within the same season for their club. However, moving from an RL team to an NL team should be permitted. This policy is fair because players who have improved over the season deserve the opportunity to play in NL, but moving from NL to RL would not be fair. It's similar to the rule where players can play up an age group but cannot play down. This ensures fairness for the RL league.
I like that advice. These rules are stupid. I agree with way up with regards to causing divisions and hatred filled with resentment and anger towards another human being. Think if your dd worked hard all year and made improvements as an RL player. RL team makes the playoffs, but ENCL club does not. They pick a couple ECNL players to make a playoff run (win at all costs) and two of the RL girls are now sitting and the parents are paying is utter nonsense and total BS. Now if the club picks up another top player for their top ECNL club to make a natty run, then that is great recruiting and what is expected at the highest level of the soccer food chain.

I like that advice. These rules are stupid. I agree with way up with regards to causing divisions and hatred filled with resentment and anger towards another human being. Think if your dd worked hard all year and made improvements as an RL player. RL team makes the playoffs, but ENCL club does not. They pick a couple ECNL players to make a playoff run (win at all costs) and two of the RL girls are now sitting and the parents are paying is utter nonsense and total BS. Now if the club picks up another top player for their top ECNL club to make a natty run, then that is great recruiting and what is expected at the highest level of the soccer food chain.
I agree with this too. But on the NL side no. The highest level should be open. Allowing high-level players to compete in the NL is fair for several reasons. It ensures that talented players, who have worked hard and improved, get the chance to gain invaluable experience and exposure at the highest level. This policy enhances team competitiveness, allowing clubs to field their strongest teams and boosting their success and reputation. High-level competitions also attract scouts, offering players better chances for scholarships, professional opportunities, and national team selections. A merit-based advancement system motivates all players to strive for excellence, knowing their efforts will be rewarded. Ultimately, allowing top players to participate in the NL, even from an RL background, is fair because it recognizes and rewards hard work, promotes development, and ensures the best players compete at the highest level.

I agree with this too. But on the NL side no. The highest level should be open. Allowing high-level players to compete in the NL is fair for several reasons. It ensures that talented players, who have worked hard and improved, get the chance to gain invaluable experience and exposure at the highest level. This policy enhances team competitiveness, allowing clubs to field their strongest teams and boosting their success and reputation. High-level competitions also attract scouts, offering players better chances for scholarships, professional opportunities, and national team selections. A merit-based advancement system motivates all players to strive for excellence, knowing their efforts will be rewarded. Ultimately, allowing top players to participate in the NL, even from an RL background, is fair because it recognizes and rewards hard work, promotes development, and ensures the best players compete at the highest level.
Of course, RL Players should be able to play up imo. RL to NL basically at any time is fair. NL to RL only if player gives up rights to play NL the next year or some type of limitation to disallow NL to RL unless that player is playin RL the next year.

Of course, RL Players should be able to play up imo. RL to NL basically at any time is fair. NL to RL only if player gives up rights to play NL the next year or some type of limitation to disallow NL to RL unless that player is playin RL the next year.

The kid gives up the right to play NL for an entire year? So, if you get bumped down in May, you can’t earn your spot back until August the following year? That’s harsh.

I like the idea of a roster freeze with no overlap. You can play in NL playoffs, or RL playoffs, but not both.

The kid gives up the right to play NL for an entire year? So, if you get bumped down in May, you can’t earn your spot back until August the following year? That’s harsh.

I like the idea of a roster freeze with no overlap. You can play in NL playoffs, or RL playoffs, but not both.
I would say by year, that means that season

And 100% no on NL in RL playoffs unless that player played a certain about of games with the team through the year. This would allow for NL bubble players to develop and not be penalized

A player should be rostered and play in at least 85% of ECNL games WITH THE SAME CLUB to be eligible for playoffs. Unless its injury related a player can petition ONCE until they age out.

Its more ECNL's fault for allowing movement after some of these players blow up their original teams. So many coaches let IDIOT parents do the recruiting because they are lazy and get stuck with god awful players who's chemistry and lack of ability cause a team to buckle at the end of the year. Remove ALL DISCOVERY players and GUEST players and go with the roster you have at the start of the season. These clubs have RL teams for a reason. If players leaves, gets hurt or quit, take from the RL. You'll end up with more parity across the board and NEW talent will be discovered.

To see the same teams year to year with 3-4 kids jumping around come playoff time between the ages of 12-17 is pathetic.

Do any clubs actually develop players anymore or even know how to develop? Seriously?

I agree as wrote 🫱🫲✍️

A player should be rostered and play in at least 85% of ECNL games WITH THE SAME CLUB to be eligible for playoffs. Unless its injury related a player can petition ONCE until they age out.

Its more ECNL's fault for allowing movement after some of these players blow up their original teams. So many coaches let IDIOT parents do the recruiting because they are lazy and get stuck with god awful players who's chemistry and lack of ability cause a team to buckle at the end of the year. Remove ALL DISCOVERY players and GUEST players and go with the roster you have at the start of the season. These clubs have RL teams for a reason. If players leaves, gets hurt or quit, take from the RL. You'll end up with more parity across the board and NEW talent will be discovered.

To see the same teams year to year with 3-4 kids jumping around come playoff time between the ages of 12-17 is pathetic.

Do any clubs actually develop players anymore or even know how to develop? Seriously?
This cuts both ways, but the pain is real on both sides. I know some idiot coaches that lied so many times the team quit on the coach mid season. I do agree we got some idiot parents recruiting players to make a super team. Rules are rules though and everyone should follow the rules. 85% is your rule but ECNL allows top playoff teams to poach other top players after the season, as long as that player promises to play for the new club the following the season. Not only do they poach a player(s), but they also offer full ride to the goats parents. The goat comes, has impact and team wins. Goat pays zero and the other parent whose kid used to play is now paying top dollar to watch a free player get all the minutes. This is 100% when the grapes become sour, and that bitter root grows inside our brains. Anger kicks in and watch out. This is how sports are played in real life Robbie. The higher you go, the more time on the bench is very possible for our children.

The argument for requiring players to play 85% of ECNL games with the same club to be eligible for playoffs is not only limiting but also detrimental to the NL. Restricting movement stifles player development and reduces team competitiveness. High-level competitions should showcase the best talent, and deserving players who have improved throughout the season should be rewarded with opportunities to play in the NL. This merit-based system motivates all players to strive for excellence and ensures the best talent is on display.

On the other hand, restricting movement undermines the very essence of competitive sports. It prevents clubs from fielding their strongest teams, which can diminish the quality of play and the reputation of the league. Scouts and recruiters are drawn to high-level competitions to identify top talent, and limiting player movement reduces these opportunities for deserving athletes. Moreover, promoting deserving RL players to the NL level acknowledges their hard work, fosters their development, and prepares them for future success.

Concerns about team chemistry and parental influence are valid but can be managed through effective coaching and club management, without imposing restrictive eligibility rules. These rules hinder the natural progression of talented players and can lead to stagnation within teams, ultimately hurting the league's overall quality and competitiveness.

In summary, allowing high-level player movement between RL and NL teams promotes fairness, rewards hard work, and enhances both player development and team success. Restrictive rules not only limit these benefits but also harm the NL by preventing the best possible competition and development of talent.

All potentially valid - but it's equally valid for someone who played and worked hard all season on the NL team to be replaced by a last-minute add to be upset, especially if they are paying thousands for their family to come watch playoffs and they sit. One can justify how it's "fair" for the better talent to always take the field, but that can be a slippery slope that justifies a whole bunch of related topics, which are counter to what people are paying for youth sports for. Seems reasonable if the sport is entirely a meritocracy - but we can post numerous examples where that just isn't the case, by a long shot.

The argument for requiring players to play 85% of ECNL games with the same club to be eligible for playoffs is not only limiting but also detrimental to the NL. Restricting movement stifles player development and reduces team competitiveness. High-level competitions should showcase the best talent, and deserving players who have improved throughout the season should be rewarded with opportunities to play in the NL. This merit-based system motivates all players to strive for excellence and ensures the best talent is on display.

On the other hand, restricting movement undermines the very essence of competitive sports. It prevents clubs from fielding their strongest teams, which can diminish the quality of play and the reputation of the league. Scouts and recruiters are drawn to high-level competitions to identify top talent, and limiting player movement reduces these opportunities for deserving athletes. Moreover, promoting deserving RL players to the NL level acknowledges their hard work, fosters their development, and prepares them for future success.

Concerns about team chemistry and parental influence are valid but can be managed through effective coaching and club management, without imposing restrictive eligibility rules. These rules hinder the natural progression of talented players and can lead to stagnation within teams, ultimately hurting the league's overall quality and competitiveness.

In summary, allowing high-level player movement between RL and NL teams promotes fairness, rewards hard work, and enhances both player development and team success. Restrictive rules not only limit these benefits but also harm the NL by preventing the best possible competition and development of talent.
Very good written Veritas. I wish I could write like you. Bottom line, always sour grapes this time of the year. Here's I would handle this. First off, if my kid went to VA and sat and watched, he or she will learn from that. Mom and dad will also learn how to be humble, cheer on the other players and always have a positive attitude. That's how a "team" wins a natty. This information is also valuable for next season. If your kid is pissed off for not playing, drop down to RL and be one of the stars and make sure the child is playing. I would be the kid that went down so I can be on the field. Hell no I'm watching from the bench.

All potentially valid - but it's equally valid for someone who played and worked hard all season on the NL team to be replaced by a last-minute add to be upset, especially if they are paying thousands for their family to come watch playoffs and they sit. One can justify how it's "fair" for the better talent to always take the field, but that can be a slippery slope that justifies a whole bunch of related topics, which are counter to what people are paying for youth sports for. Seems reasonable if the sport is entirely a meritocracy - but we can post numerous examples where that just isn't the case, by a long shot.
True, but without the add-ons the team is most likely not heading to VA. That's the key to all the fuss imho. If the coach thought his squad would win it with what he had, he would not add. This at the end of the day is about winning and sometimes a player like above is the one who get's to learn the hard knocks of high level sports. Yes, parents bet a lot of chips to see their child play but come playoff time, all bets are off. Many of theses top coaches get bonus for a natty.

I do have a honest questions with the parents that have sour grapes. Did you any of you ask the coach at the beginning of the season what his add on policy was? I'm telling you all, get this stuff in writing. For example, if the coach promises that no one will be added and then he adds top players and your player is knocked out of the starting line up or his rotation, I will ask for a few bucks back for being a liar. If you didn't ask about this very important part of how recruiting goes, then it's on you. If you didn't know, then learn a hard lesson. If you did know and your still angry, stop it.

I do have a honest questions with the parents that have sour grapes. Did you any of you ask the coach at the beginning of the season what his add on policy was? I'm telling you all, get this stuff in writing. For example, if the coach promises that no one will be added and then he adds top players and your player is knocked out of the starting line up or his rotation, I will ask for a few bucks back for being a liar. If you didn't ask about this very important part of how recruiting goes, then it's on you. If you didn't know, then learn a hard lesson. If you did know and your still angry, stop it.
I understand the frustration of parents, players, minutes, money paid, and new players. But, when you're playing at the highest levels you have to go into it with open eyes. Not allowing clubs to bring on new players until the end of the season instead of allowing roster changes mid season just delays the inevitable. College and pro teams are even more rough on players. Either win or be replaced. It's not what you've done for me, it's what you've done for me lately.

If you're not getting minutes playing on the top team there's always other teams and levels. It sucks getting pushed out but how players respond is what will define them.

Dude I gotta say you are hilarious… they only picked up 2 players for playoffs that started as many other teams did the same as did Koge. Think of it like adding 2 discovery players. Totally fine. The rest are coming next season. In actuality 1 transferred during season so you can’t count her and the other one was a discovery player from TFA.
My point was they did a great job recruiting and attempted recruiting, wasn’t meant to be “hilarious”. They were going after legit players during league & knew they had a chance at the title!

So do you think Koge developed all those players that came over to form Koge? Or Slammers NL? Pats? Insert team here…

Every team recruits… don’t have sour grapes when all teams are recruiting and even some of them are bringing in players from Hawaii and NorCal having normal starters sit on the bench for them all playoffs…

Great job to both teams getting as far as they did and putting it all on the field.

Imagine on the RL side when MVLA shows up with 4 girls wearing ECNL patches to play you in the playoffs after you beat them 2 weeks earlier 4-0 so they could lose in the semifinals in Virginia…

By the way congrats to Beach RL making it to the finals!
No sour grapes, far from it. We’ve seen Koge do it strongly the last few years too. Legends knew they had a shot at it and went for it.
The upcoming season should be pretty dang competitive! Looking forward to it & good luck to all!

Back