How’s the 2023-24 season going?

Just pointing out...

If there are stand out players at the u15 level that by simply switching clubs are able to define winners and losers in one of the strongest youth sport geographies in America.

1. They should be playing up. (I'm assuming this is not happening already.)

2. They should be in the USWNT pipeline.

3. They should be practicing with or somehow involved with NWSL clubs.

Wasting time with youth clubs is pointless for players of this level.
100% playing up

I think it's safe to say that futsol is how you develop the best players with some 5 x 5. The clubs do NOT develop, they poach or buy other clubs' players when the Doc or coach or club lies. The key to success is offering safe and greener pasture for these top players looking to jump off a bridge that is on fire because the coach/doc is a complete jerk and thinks he or she is the developer, all because he or she has access.

I think it's safe to say that futsol is how you develop the best players with some 5 x 5. The clubs do NOT develop, they poach or buy other clubs' players when the Doc or coach or club lies. The key to success is offering safe and greener pasture for these top players looking to jump off a bridge that is on fire because the coach/doc is a complete jerk and thinks he or she is the developer, all because he or she has access.
At the end of the day it’s about individual development and doing what’s best for the kid. Winning is great and reaching finals is amazing. When 1 player is the type of player that can make everyone else on the team better anything can happen. But at the end of the day it’s about making your player better and one needs to do what’s best for the player and not a club or team. Player first everything else comes second.

At the end of the day it’s about individual development and doing what’s best for the kid. Winning is great and reaching finals is amazing. When 1 player is the type of player that can make everyone else on the team better anything can happen. But at the end of the day it’s about making your player better and one needs to do what’s best for the player and not a club or team. Player first everything else comes second.
Forget Ted Talk. This 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆 is Luis Talk. Haters will always hate because of jealousy.

My sister-in-law lurks on here and asked me to ask anyone who went to VA what the total cost was for a family of four. She believes her dd will be in the finals next year and wants to put some money away each month to prepare.

Yes, Congrats. Ultimately mommy and daddy can still buy a championship by moving their little superstar all over the state to form a super team. Those 50 girls between the two teams will have great memories of minimal playing time for years to come. Please lets not forget to thank parents who sacrificed and started the year off with these teams to give their DD's minutes away away to the new players added after the regular season ended. At least that IG content will be worth it for the next 3 days......
Thank you for addressing the obvious! Hard to give credit for making the finals when it’s not even the team you started with in the season. But hey, guess someone has to capitalize on players jumping ship. But sounded like it’s was a good game.

No surprise here, that is club soccer.

Thank you for addressing the obvious! Hard to give credit for making the finals when it’s not even the team you started with in the season. But hey, guess someone has to capitalize on players jumping ship. But sounded like it’s was a good game.

No surprise here, that is club soccer.
What’s with all the sour grapes of kids not playing in the finals? You obviously paid to be there but play time is not guaranteed it’s earned. If you don’t like it don’t go to the finals and stay home and save your chips. The kids that have earned to play in the big game play. The rest watch from the bench and if they get better next season they may play. If you don’t like it stay home. I’m sure you were warned that you may go but may not play. Go play RL if you don’t like it. But at the highest level everything is earned. That’s life and how the real world works. The finals are there to win. And you win with the best players.

What’s with all the sour grapes of kids not playing in the finals? You obviously paid to be there but play time is not guaranteed it’s earned. If you don’t like it don’t go to the finals and stay home and save your chips. The kids that have earned to play in the big game play. The rest watch from the bench and if they get better next season they may play. If you don’t like it stay home. I’m sure you were warned that you may go but may not play. Go play RL if you don’t like it. But at the highest level everything is earned. That’s life and how the real world works. The finals are there to win. And you win with the best playe

A couple things here. First of all, coaches basically build the biggest and best roster they can. They don't really say "Oh, your kid is #17 on the roster and won't be playing when we go to the playoffs!". The parent has to read between the lines. I see it every year, but most parents are not very astute about what's best for their kid. Worse yet, many coaches want to talk directly with the players rather than the parents, so you have a 14 year old vs a grown man/woman who don't share the same interests negotiating things.

Of course, coaches are playing to win and will use bigger rosters to mount pressure on all the girls to perform and play their best. RL isn't much better nor GA either with travel and even worse with coaches at times. Honestly, I am learning that having a smart, soccer knowledgeable parent is the best asset to a kid so long as the parent can not over burden the kid and take it day by day.

The most important thing is play time and if you have to drop in league to get it, it's much better for your kid. The play time will build skill and then confidence and then maybe if their athleticism keeps up and/or builds, they can take another shot at ecnl. I wish my daughter would play RL for a year or two just to keep it fun and more casual, but she will not play for mean coaches that yell and are hard to understand. She doesn't mind aggressive, loud instructions and pressure, but mean spiritedness without clarity is a non starter for her. I fear this may be how coaches are in college too!

All I'm saying is by the time you get to playoffs and nattys, you're kind of trapped. These top 8 bench players will want street credit for going to nattys to transfer to another team, so they kind of have to go, but I could not imagine watching my daughter only play for 5 min. a game after spending $8k or more for both trips. Now, what's that saying? Screw me once....shame on you, but screw me twice......shame on me!??? I bet there are a lot of parents making the same mistake as last year, so no pity from me for them!

I know my kid is not the greatest player and why we have decised to pursue RL instead of NL next season. Be real with yourself and put your kid at the level where they belong. It's that simple.
I put my son in Rec Co-Ed soccer. One of the top coaches for boys' soccer in Temecula gave me his card and had "hi potential praise" for my boy. He was fast and that was it when he was 9. GK maybe if he wanted to be GK but no way he was top level club player. Coach sold me on practicing with the best to get better and just maybe find some play time. I saw the bench for my son and only play in blow outs or if kids are sick. I have to say I have been on both sides of this bitter root. Rules are rules. I think a mid-season transfer or purchase is fair, but after the season is not the best, moo. MLB 'rents" players for a playoff run. My kid took play time away in our Natty run, but she also produced. Making it to the finals is producing and winning a natty is really producing. Later in life, my kid was replaced and sat on the bench watching (coach's decision for lying). I loved it when she was playing, and I was pissed off when she was riding the pine. Not playing for the kid and the parents really sucks, especially flying across the country with anger and resentment on the way back, regardless if your team won or lost. I'm sure all the parents were dreaming of their dd scoring that winning goal or making that pass or stopping that goal. However, no one dreams on the way that your kid is sitting and the new player is staring. Insult to injury.

What’s with all the sour grapes of kids not playing in the finals? You obviously paid to be there but play time is not guaranteed it’s earned. If you don’t like it don’t go to the finals and stay home and save your chips. The kids that have earned to play in the big game play. The rest watch from the bench and if they get better next season they may play. If you don’t like it stay home. I’m sure you were warned that you may go but may not play. Go play RL if you don’t like it. But at the highest level everything is earned. That’s life and how the real world works. The finals are there to win. And you win with the best players.
You have zero clue what you’re talking about. Been there, done that & won that with my kid on the field.

Have zero respect for clubs who gouge parents all season long, just to replace them with Blues players right before playoffs. That’s not earned. Win with your true roster, the ones who dropped the thousands in club fees at the beginning of the season.

That’s where ECNL needs to change the rules IMO.

Back