G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

Words for Today: Envy and Jealousy

Envy= A painful or resentful awareness of an advantage or possession enjoyed by another and the desire to possess the same thing.

Jealous= To be jealous is to feel resentment, bitterness, or hostility toward someone because they have something that you don't.

What is the difference between jealousy and envy in a sentence?

Envy is when you want what someone else has, but jealousy is when you're worried someone's trying to take what you have. If you want your neighbor's new convertible, you feel envy. If he takes your wife for a ride, you feel jealousy.

The girls need to have fun as well. You will start seeing extreme burn out when middle school and high school comes around. Girls don't like being yelled at if they are allowed to be honest. Our Government did a study a study about US Soccer for the women and they said we have a systematic problem that goes all they way down to the youth game. Has anyone addressed this yet in the youth game? No, only Crush has. Parents and girls are afraid to speak up because of retaliation, getting blacklisted, blackballed and slandered by assholes who run this sport. US Soccer had their HQs out of Chicago in that frat house called, The Kimball House. Women who worked there were sexually harrassed all day and filed suit. The Kimball Hoiuse was the old Mafia house.

You really have to ask yourself why there is so much pressure for an end trophy of 50k a year? I mean the only reason to win that trophy is, because you must love playing soccer more than dislike the stress involved with the pressure. My daughter and I love the competition and she wants to be on the best team, but she hates mean coaches. She works and trains hard on her own. Bench her for 5 minutes in a game and you will make her work harder the next week. The girls at this age learn more playing than listening to some of these coaches and THANK G_D!! I am just amazed to hear some of the advice from a couple of these top coaches to their players. What is most ironic is the top coaches I've seen are truly just good at recruiting not coaching, so it's awesome for the rest of us that can get to play against them. I want to play the best and we get to without having to hear or see the toxic parents and coaches. We are truly blessed in so cal.

You really have to ask yourself why there is so much pressure for an end trophy of 50k a year? I mean the only reason to win that trophy is, because you must love playing soccer more than dislike the stress involved with the pressure. My daughter and I love the competition and she wants to be on the best team, but she hates mean coaches. She works and trains hard on her own. Bench her for 5 minutes in a game and you will make her work harder the next week. The girls at this age learn more playing than listening to some of these coaches and THANK G_D!! I am just amazed to hear some of the advice from a couple of these top coaches to their players. What is most ironic is the top coaches I've seen are truly just good at recruiting not coaching, so it's awesome for the rest of us that can get to play against them. I want to play the best and we get to without having to hear or see the toxic parents and coaches. We are truly blessed in so cal.
The great TB warned me what was about to happen. He pleaded with the higher ups about all the travel they were proposing for the females. He told me we have no reason to travel outside of Socal. We are The Mecca. Texas is a close second but their weather sucks. My dd team played in the The Copa Classic and we had to run for our lives because of intense lightning and thunder. The next day we had to shelter in place from a tornado. I did enjoy the big movie screens. I love my peeps in TX and they do everything big there. We took on their best and lost in the finals. Our team was also playing up a year.

My favorite song way up. I know dads on here who hate this song for some reason. When I was 11 and 12, I dreamed of being a big baseball star. I hated school bro. I stuttered like crazy. You know what it's like to have the correct answer but you can't spit it out? I was put in the dumb dumb class for years and they just called me mute. Today, it's 99% gone. I still have an issue but I can talk now and that's why I "talk" so much now bro,

Last edited:
P
You do realize that theres been 8-9 Surf Cups / State Cups since the pics that are being presented? No disrespect but winning Surf Cup and State Cup has been achieved by other posters. The difference is that most dont post pics that identify themselves, their kids, or other players on their teams.

The big differences between 2014 and 2023 are DA blew up + the 2010s had to deal with covid. DA blowing up has concentrated girls clubs into ECNL (believe it or not if you told others in 2014 that your kid played ECNL theyd ask why they're not playing DA) and Covid basically stole 1-2 years of competition from everyone.

I personally dont mind Crushs posts but I also take them with a grain of salt. Theres good + bad info you just have to decide what parts are worth while.

As a stats guy I got to say, huh the what now? They'd ask what the heck are you talking about more like :)....Girls DA didn't begin until late 2017 and the ECNL was a girls only league until that same date.... by the end of GDA's inaugural season it was the classic dead man walking as Slammers left back for ECNL and thereafter it started bleeding clubs who saw the writing on the wall.....my oldest played DA her only eligible year but the league only lasted 2 1/2 seasons and the way they quietly folded it during Covid says it all about the fed... and left her "fed" up :(

When it comes to Surf Cup, different tiers is great and all for the kiddos but unless you win the top bracket coaches calling themselves Surf Cup champs makes me laugh increasingly hard as we get down to the 5th bracket it's like pure comedy...no disrespect to the kiddos intended but lots towards the adults chest thumping

The coaches and clubs are great at making us think we need them as US soccer is the most expensive in the world and only good for womens. Our mens program sucks, but in fairness all of concacaf sucks as I don't think any concacaf team has ever passed the quarterfinals of world cup. Our whole soccer system sucks imo. There should not be stress. These kids should be playing soccer games and getting creative and instinctive in very competitive environments without worrying about club politics.

To me Women's soccer is garbage ball imo, even at the top teams. It's slow, ugly and with very low IQ. The boys top programs are much much better and way less drama. In the USA up unitl a certain age, the boys programs are great and then your boy is better off going to Europe if he is truly that good and a "Goat". I think the best case scenario for the "Goat" girls though is like @crush mentioned before. Follow the path of the previous Goats. Playing with the top boys. Can't go wrong with that formula. Girls that play with boys need to be very technical, have great IQ, be crafty, fast and agile. If they have these traits work on convinicing them to play with the top boys.

Carlsbad, I really dont' care about the accolades or achievements people point to. I really look to this forum for experiences of parents in this stressful, political circus. I have to also enjoy this experience to encourage and advocate for my daughter, so team culture, future planning, and other people's experiences are very helpful to several of us reading through the forum. I hate how dependent we are on the opinions of coaches and clubs for our future planning. Most of us are writing checks for this experience, so this is a business first. We don't get to hear from a lot of parents who have been through this whole process. It seems like every year these coaches just tell us what we want to hear and we ask fewer questions when a coach says how great our kids are.

I don't blame the coaches or anything, but there is no alternative for competitive, high level soccer, because if I were king, there would be a league with monitored pick up games/leagues/multiple teams/etc. where our kids could play 10 to 20 scrimmages a week and a few hours on technical/system work. US Soccer lacks the backyard game where kids can use their skills to get creative and more instinctive with their passing, collecting, carrying skills. The power clubs have over the whole damn year limits the growth and potential for all of our players not to mention, the money and time to drive. Huge advantage for higher income families and stay at home moms imo. It is what it is, but my opinion also is the more competition the better and we have so many quality players in so cal, I have no idea why we have to drive all over the place to get the competitive games.
I agree 100%

On top of all that theres some players that are just more naturally gifted with physical ability than others. As you get older more and more of those type of players filter up. For most people it doesnt matter how much you practice or how far you're willing to drive you cant beat an opponent thats physically faster and stronger than you are in every aspect.

Heres another thing, as they get older GA, ECNL, etc have Talent ID showcases. This is where coaches nominate their top players + they all play on put together teams against each other.

What I'm saying is coaches will find talent no matter where they play + sometimes it doesnt matter how much you practice others will just be better.

To me Women's soccer is garbage ball imo, even at the top teams. It's slow, ugly and with very low IQ. The boys top programs are much much better and way less drama. In the USA up unitl a certain age, the boys programs are great and then your boy is better off going to Europe if he is truly that good and a "Goat". I think the best case scenario for the "Goat" girls though is like @crush mentioned before. Follow the path of the previous Goats. Playing with the top boys. Can't go wrong with that formula. Girls that play with boys need to be very technical, have great IQ, be crafty, fast and agile. If they have these traits work on convinicing them to play with the top boys.
Proof is in the pudding Veritas. The best young talent did that very thing your talking about. I was also approached about joining an all boys team like the great Olivia Moultrie and Allyssa Thompson. I read a quote from AT and she said it was the best decision she made. I'm not sure if she did one or two years but it helped her 100%. Plus, she didn't have to deal with all the control freaks. She was faster then even some of the boys. She is a rare talent and I say that with great respect. She has it all. Some tried to say she was too small and all that and I told everyone on here she would be on the National Team and go Pro and skip college, just like Trinity did. Shaw out Texas did the same thing. You can see the best of the best are going pro now. Way up, their making more than $50K a year. My dd was a big fat "no way, are you crazy? Get that idea out of your head dad." She 100% wanted to play with the girls and make friends and play together. To each his own and I would never "force" your dd to play with boys. Boys are also nicer to each other. No offense, girls can be very mean to other girls and play those girly games. Last peace of advice for those looking to navigate through this swamp. YOU CANNOT DEVELOP SPEED. Any coach that sells you, "I can make you fast" is full of poop. Quickness and speed is God given. Also, if a coach says, "I can make you taller with my development skilz" their full of crap as well. A good coach will teach you haw to mentally prepare with all the God has given you, can teach you how to strike a ball better, can help you collect, jungle and pass even. They can teach you all the x and o of the sport. I truly wish EVERYONE success in this grand ole game of soccer. I love the sport and love to compete. My guess is some of the top top goats will look to the AT's and OM and maybe go that route as well. I see nothing wrong with it and deep down, I wish my kid gave it a try to see what coulda and would a happened. However, it's best to listen to what your daughter wants and not what daddy wants.

Very fair. But so is the question. If people are trying out now, I think they would want to know if the team they’re trying out for is going to lose their ECNL status before making a decision. Ask recent strikers laterals, for instance….

It would be nice if the letter leagues were more transparent and communicated clearly which clubs are being added and cut each season. Problem is tryouts occur prior to the end of the season. But rosters don't lock for a couple months, so you can always plan some backup options. At least SoCal Soccer League released the NPL list this year. http://www.socalsoccerleague.org/programming/socal-npl

Proof is in the pudding Veritas. The best young talent did that very thing your talking about. I was also approached about joining an all boys team like the great Olivia Moultrie and Allyssa Thompson. I read a quote from AT and she said it was the best decision she made. I'm not sure if she did one or two years but it helped her 100%. Plus, she didn't have to deal with all the control freaks. She was faster then even some of the boys. She is a rare talent and I say that with great respect. She has it all. Some tried to say she was too small and all that and I told everyone on here she would be on the National Team and go Pro and skip college, just like Trinity did. Shaw out Texas did the same thing. You can see the best of the best are going pro now. Way up, their making more than $50K a year. My dd was a big fat "no way, are you crazy? Get that idea out of your head dad." She 100% wanted to play with the girls and make friends and play together. To each his own and I would never "force" your dd to play with boys. Boys are also nicer to each other. No offense, girls can be very mean to other girls and play those girly games. Last peace of advice for those looking to navigate through this swamp. YOU CANNOT DEVELOP SPEED. Any coach that sells you, "I can make you fast" is full of poop. Quickness and speed is God given. Also, if a coach says, "I can make you taller with my development skilz" their full of crap as well. A good coach will teach you haw to mentally prepare with all the God has given you, can teach you how to strike a ball better, can help you collect, jungle and pass even. They can teach you all the x and o of the sport. I truly wish EVERYONE success in this grand ole game of soccer. I love the sport and love to compete. My guess is some of the top top goats will look to the AT's and OM and maybe go that route as well. I see nothing wrong with it and deep down, I wish my kid gave it a try to see what coulda and would a happened. However, it's best to listen to what your daughter wants and not what daddy wants.
I wish I had a Goat @crush we are simply at a top team because we started with a top team from the toddler days. She was one of those players that was big and strong. She's become more technical over time but no speed like AT. I wish she could play with the boys crush, I really do.. We would jump ships on a heart beat.

I wish I had a Goat @crush we are simply at a top team because we started with a top team from the toddler days. She was one of those players that was big and strong. She's become more technical over time but no speed like AT. I wish she could play with the boys crush, I really do.. We would jump ships on a heart beat.
When my dd was in Texas to try and win the Natty, we all went to SMU (great campus by the way) to listen to the head coach from North Carolina share his war stories. He also brought up the great Mia Hamm. He said she started dating a soccer player on the boys team and they trained together and he said that made the difference and got her to the next level. No joke. He said he would be driving in his car by campus and see this girl running on her own and training to get better and it was Mia. Her BF told her it's how he does it. The rest is history. You put in the work and great things can happen. Lastly, you don't have to be super fast to make it Pro bro if your dd is big, strong and talented and has the IQ, talent and ganas. Trust me, I know some slower players that have all the other talents. TB told me no girl has all four areas that make a soccer player. You don't see AT going into jump balls with her head trying to out jump these tall players. I always told my little one to stay out of those messes and stay outside looking for the rebound and then take off with the ball after the big girls fight for it.

As a stats guy I got to say, huh the what now? They'd ask what the heck are you talking about more like :)....Girls DA didn't begin until late 2017 and the ECNL was a girls only league until that same date.... by the end of GDA's inaugural season it was the classic dead man walking as Slammers left back for ECNL and thereafter it started bleeding clubs who saw the writing on the wall.....my oldest played DA her only eligible year but the league only lasted 2 1/2 seasons and the way they quietly folded it during Covid says it all about the fed... and left her "fed" up :(

When it comes to Surf Cup, different tiers is great and all for the kiddos but unless you win the top bracket coaches calling themselves Surf Cup champs makes me laugh increasingly hard as we get down to the 5th bracket it's like pure comedy...no disrespect to the kiddos intended but lots towards the adults chest thumping
I stand corrected.

The players I knew about playing DA back in the day were boys. I assumed girls DA started at the same time as the boys. It did not.

DA in general started in 2007 with just boys
DA started the girls program in 2017

DA folded in 2020

When my dd was in Texas to try and win the Natty, we all went to SMU (great campus by the way) to listen to the head coach from North Carolina share his war stories. He also brought up the great Mia Hamm. He said she started dating a soccer player on the boys team and they trained together and he said that made the difference and got her to the next level. No joke. He said he would be driving in his car by campus and see this girl running on her own and training to get better and it was Mia. Her BF told her it's how he does it. The rest is history. You put in the work and great things can happen. Lastly, you don't have to be super fast to make it Pro bro if your dd is big, strong and talented and has the IQ, talent and ganas. Trust me, I know some slower players that have all the other talents. TB told me no girl has all four areas that make a soccer player. You don't see AT going into jump balls with her head trying to out jump these tall players. I always told my little one to stay out of those messes and stay outside looking for the rebound and then take off with the ball after the big girls fight for it.

There is hope, we’ll stick it out I guess. Call me crazy for staying in a top team for so long but that’s all we know and she is attached to her friends. Some may wonder why we doing this for a Starbucks salary? It’s not just about the salary but about discipline and will power she’s picked up because of being in a top team. This will help her in the long run and it’s worth every penny I spend. She does not see the parent drama. Never has and never will as we do not discuss that with her. She’s accustomed to the sometimes harsh criticism and she takes it well and works to improve daily. We don’t mention that toxic part to her and I recommend to others not to either, leave the parents to deal with that. That’s all the stress I have to deal with. She’s always been a starter though so I can’t speak for any bench players on a top team and any issues they may face.

I stand corrected.

The players I knew about playing DA back in the day were boys. I assumed girls DA started at the same time as the boys. It did not.

DA in general started in 2007 with just boys
DA started the girls program in 2017

DA folded in 2020
Eating crow like a pro bro, love it. I will stand corrected with any of my "so-called" embellishment war stories. I try to do my best to speak from my 11+ years of youth soccer experience and would never mislead or lie on here. I do write with satire sometimes but never purposely embellish from my belly of my soul to trick the parents on here. That would be loserville where I come from.

New word I learned today: Embellishment. I will confess I have never been accused of that before but I'm always open to stand corrected by my brethren on here.
Embellishment= make (a statement or story) more interesting or entertaining by adding extra details, especially ones that are not true. Pictures are worth a thousand words you guys.

It would be nice if the letter leagues were more transparent and communicated clearly which clubs are being added and cut each season. Problem is tryouts occur prior to the end of the season. But rosters don't lock for a couple months, so you can always plan some backup options. At least SoCal Soccer League released the NPL list this year. http://www.socalsoccerleague.org/programming/socal-npl
Ironically without G2010 (to date)

There is hope, we’ll stick it out I guess. Call me crazy for staying in a top team for so long but that’s all we know and she is attached to her friends. Some may wonder why we doing this for a Starbucks salary? It’s not just about the salary but about discipline and will power she’s picked up because of being in a top team. This will help her in the long run and it’s worth every penny I spend. She does not see the parent drama. Never has and never will as we do not discuss that with her. She’s accustomed to the sometimes harsh criticism and she takes it well and works to improve daily. We don’t mention that toxic part to her and I recommend to others not to either, leave the parents to deal with that. That’s all the stress I have to deal with. She’s always been a starter though so I can’t speak for any bench players on a top team and any issues they may face.

I know your situation Veritas. My daughter was on it last year. She was attached to her team, but this year, we need a few changes for her better development and the destroy and recruit process with ecnl kind of helped us out. She loved playing with her team, but it's nice to see her have to work with new girls and learn a new system.

Here is a thought though. Should our kids tolerate bad behavior from coaches? As we the parents write the checks for this process, do you think a 12 year old girl should learn to obey all of the coaches commands without having a voice? If a coach called my daughter a loser while he missed games and training and never really improved my daughter's position and game skills, would she be gaining mental strength for being submissive to this piss poor behavior? Would you the parent be mentally strong for tolerating that behavior from a coach by encouraging your child to suck it up?

I'm all for discipline and proper criticism, but one might argue that the ones that get the carrot are the ones that tolerate and abide by the poor behavior of coaches. I guess I'd rather try to make a lesser known coach's team better and play with parents that equally prefer more emphasis on coaching and good environment compared to cutthroat recruiting especially if it ends up with my daughter losing play time and eventually a spot while I sat by and tolerated a coach that treated my child like cattle. I have confidence in my child though and the back up fact that in the end, the trophy is $50k a year or half a scholarship she can get with great grades and very few will get it!

Not saying this is your scenario, but this isn't too far from home for my kid. My kid is not afraid to say no. My kid will find another path to play and play even harder. My opinion is that this is mental toughness. Being submissive to the coach and encouraging more of the same bad behavior from parents and the coach is not making our kids mentally tough. It's making them cattle and weak imo. We give these clubs and coaches too much power imo. The beauty is there are other options. I'm really curious though. Is encouraging poor behavior from a coach a sign of mental strength?

Eating crow like a pro bro, love it. I will stand corrected with any of my "so-called" embellishment war stories. I try to do my best to speak from my 11+ years of youth soccer experience and would never mislead or lie on here. I do write with satire sometimes but never purposely embellish from my belly of my soul to trick the parents on here. That would be loserville where I come from.

New word I learned today: Embellishment. I will confess I have never been accused of that before but I'm always open to stand corrected by my brethren on here.
Embellishment= make (a statement or story) more interesting or entertaining by adding extra details, especially ones that are not true. Pictures are worth a thousand words you guys.
I try to be as honest as possible + have no issues correcting when the correction is based on facts.

What I dont like is when people get it stuck in their head that theres only one way to play competitive soccer in Socal. I've seen too many parents make themselves + their kids crazy thinking that if they're not playing in ABC letter league or on XYZ team that the world will end.

We're fortunate to have several different options. The best players will get noticed + drift up to the top. Parents money and influence will only carry players so far.

I read somewhere that 70% of soccer players quit by 13, 80% by 15. Life is too short to not have fun + soccer is a GAME not a profession for children.

I try to be as honest as possible + have no issues correcting when the correction is based on facts.

What I dont like is when people get it stuck in their head that theres only one way to play competitive soccer in Socal. I've seen too many parents make themselves + their kids crazy thinking that if they're not playing in ABC letter league or on XYZ team that the world will end.

We're fortunate to have several different options. The best players will get noticed + drift up to the top. Parents money and influence will only carry players so far.

I read somewhere that 70% of soccer players quit by 13, 80% by 15. Life is too short to not have fun + soccer is a GAME not a profession for children.
I think their is great divide in this country Carlsbad. The haves & have nots. Soccer is a beautiful and fun sport/game/match that so many kids loved to play and all should be welcomed. I played all sports bro. Let me embellish a little if you don't mine. I was really good baseball player. Before I hit middle school, I was the best and made all-stars. LBLL champs bruh. Damn curve ball ruined it for me. Yes, I could have played full time to master the change up and sliders to go pro, but I also liked to play other sports and do other things. I was incredible soccer player and played GK and forward. I was real good basketball player, all league first team in league Sr year. Tennis, I was talented but that is too individual and I liked team sports. Volleyball, too small but lights out on the beach game. Too bad they had no beach volleyball in college or I would have gotten a full ride. Surfing probably was my best chance at pro, but I surfed for Jah and the love of the ocean and couldn't imagine stealing waves from my bros just to win a surf contest. My best pal went pro surfer because he was a full time surfer and dedicated his youth to be a pro and he did it. If football was just flag, I think I could have been a pro flag football player. It's too bad soccer is so serious in this country. That was my big pet peeve in 2017 with the GDA. My gosh, they wanted the girls to only play their league, take tough love like a man, get yelled at and fat shamed and not be allowed to play other sports unless you got permission from the boss. Sports should be for fun, a time to grow, learning how to play with others and learn how to share. Also, learn how to win and lose together. When you turn 16, go for it. We took fun away from sport for the kids and it's way too serious. Check out my sports pics brother. I don't want anyone to think I'm lying about how good I was in all sports.
7.jpg

9.jpg

More pic just for Carlsbad. All you haters, just skip the pics. I'm a narcissist, sorry. Guess what number I am in LL? I got hacked going up for that lay up and made the free throw. That's how we got "3" points in the old days.

LL.jpg

10.jpg

Ironically without G2010 (to date)

I don't think there is enough Flight 1 G10 teams in SOCAL League to create an NPL division without diluting the Flight 1 Division into an glorified extension of Flight 2. The over abundance of letter leagues has syphoned off too many teams, and the declining number of players within younger age groups has left a gap in the level of play. Hopefully I am wrong, and they are waiting until June to see who applies for NPL. If you look at the number of Girls NPL teams from each year group, you will see a trend heavily declining numbers from G05 to G09. You would expect that trend to look the opposite as players soccer leave as they get older.

Back