G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

TeamDadJokes

SILVER ELITE
First year for 11v11. Lots of movement this year and the start of ECNL/RL, GA, Discovery. First big tournament of the season just posted brackets. What is everyone’s thoughts about how everything has shaken out?

Lots of movement to slammers this year. A few of the Arsenal ECNL girls went over to Slammers Koge early on.

Arsenal ECRL team formed and then split up with 2 girls going to Blues NL, 3 to Slammers RL, 2 to Pats NL, 2 to Arsenal 09 RL and then 2 going to Slammers Whittier.

Strikers ECNL reformed as Pats keeping about half of their squads.

Beach FC seems to remain intact

Legends seems to have gained some additions but there’s been rumblings of parents not being happy and ME making it clear he will not coach the team next year

PA had 2 NL teams (Koge and SFC) but now has the Koge giving the SFC NL team to LS.

Eagles looking strong with some new additions from SV Surf

Haven’t heard much about breakers

Del Mar impressed early at Man City

Still sitting on top of them all is Surf and Blues

Legends seems to have gained some additions but there’s been rumblings of parents not being happy and ME making it clear he will not coach the team next year
Matt's bread and butter has always been the youngers, in particular when it comes to teaching skills and ability on the ball. Has he had the 10s for 2-3 years and his cycle with them is ending?

Legends has some pretty good coaches sprinkled throughout their program, even if the player / parent don't get their "favorite" coach, they'll cycle through eventually and get one of the good ones another year.

IMO you can't go wrong with Evans, Hodges, Casey or Wain. Can't speak to Manny as my girls never had the opportunity to play for him.

Silver lining with the ECNL program there, even if you have a "set" head coach, the staff does a good job of supporting each other at trainings / games and they all pitch in.

Matt's bread and butter has always been the youngers, in particular when it comes to teaching skills and ability on the ball. Has he had the 10s for 2-3 years and his cycle with them is ending?

Legends has some pretty good coaches sprinkled throughout their program, even if the player / parent don't get their "favorite" coach, they'll cycle through eventually and get one of the good ones another year.

IMO you can't go wrong with Evans, Hodges, Casey or Wain. Can't speak to Manny as my girls never had the opportunity to play for him.

Silver lining with the ECNL program there, even if you have a "set" head coach, the staff does a good job of supporting each other at trainings / games and they all pitch in.
My buddy told me Evans took one his teams to the finals… can that fact lead to him recruiting more elite players to his 2010 team??

Lots of movement to slammers this year. A few of the Arsenal ECNL girls went over to Slammers Koge early on.

Arsenal ECRL team formed and then split up with 2 girls going to Blues NL, 3 to Slammers RL, 2 to Pats NL, 2 to Arsenal 09 RL and then 2 going to Slammers Whittier.

Strikers ECNL reformed as Pats keeping about half of their squads.

Beach FC seems to remain intact

PA had 2 NL teams (Koge and SFC) but now has the Koge giving the SFC NL team to LS.

Eagles looking strong with some new additions from SV Surf

Haven’t heard much about breakers

Del Mar impressed early at Man City

Still sitting on top of them all is Surf and Blues
I’ll reserve comments until I hear more BUT based on the early chatter, it looks like some teams early on has made the successful jump to 11 v 11: Eagles, HB Koge, SD Surf and others…. Surf Cup will tell us more…

I’ll reserve comments until I hear more BUT based on the early chatter, it looks like some teams early on has made the successful jump to 11 v 11: Eagles, HB Koge, SD Surf and others…. Surf Cup will tell us more…
Good early match up between koge and mvla in Bracket A
I'll go koge in bracket A.
Bracket B I'll go blues over LV surf
Bracket C Eagles
Bracket D it's more of a O I U in goals scored for surf I put it at 17.
Semi finals I take koge over blues
Surf over Eagles
Final surf 3-1 over koge

Bracket C Eagles
Surf over Eagles
Final surf 3-1 over koge
Super black also has some good match ups.
In bracket B. Beach vs Sharks. I'll go w/ Beach
Rage in Bracket A
LAFC in bracket C
Slammers in bracket D
Beach over Rage n semi
LAFC over Slammers n semi
Beach over LAFC.

Bracket C Eagles
Surf over Eagles
Final surf 3-1 over koge
That’s going to be tough sledding for Koge if your prediction holds true… Surf has some favorable matchups.. there are some unknowns for Blues’ bracket.. Eagles probably has the best advantage (outside of Surf) with being together the longest… exciting to see the results of these matches

Il
Super black also has some good match ups.
In bracket B. Beach vs Sharks. I'll go w/ Beach
Rage in Bracket A
LAFC in bracket C
Slammers in bracket D
Beach over Rage n semi
LAFC over Slammers n semi
Beach over LAFC.
Ill go with Sharks based on what everyone calls the ‘MW’ factor… and take them to win that whole bracket UNLESS LAFC surprises everyone and deploy their size against their smaller opponents.. WOW

Gotta ask - MW factor?
I think they are referring to the Mike Whittaker (coach) factor. Mike came from Albion girls program and is a good coach. He has the reputation of being a bit of a ‘joy stick’ coaching style which can be quite beneficial at the younger ages. However, as the game gets more spread out (11v11) and sped up (fast passing and running), the joy stick approach loses its effectiveness and can become detrimental, actually causing players to wait for the coach to tell them what to do, and, well, the play is past. I am hoping (as a Surf fan) that the Sharks become the second best team at this age group from San Diego (did I mention 2nd best ). San Diego needs the competition like Orange County has so much high level competition. Regardless, SoCal girls soccer rocks!

Cali teams playing tough and 7-0 in the morning against out of state teams in Surf Cup. Looks like it’s going to be the usual …. MVLA, Blues, Eagles, and SD Surf.

Cali teams playing tough and 7-0 in the morning against out of state teams in Surf Cup. Looks like it’s going to be the usual …. MVLA, Blues, Eagles, and SD Surf.
Didn't win the mega lottery last night:(
And my predictions haven't plan out so well!
What's the biggest surprises so far ?
Are the scores real Indicators of the matches?

Didn't win the mega lottery last night:(
And my predictions haven't plan out so well!
What's the biggest surprises so far ?
Are the scores real Indicators of the matches?
At the moment, NorCal teams lead every bracket.

Some new, unbiased predictions are in order.

A- MVLA
B- Mustang
C - San Juan
D- Force

MVLA over San Juan in the final.

At the moment, NorCal teams lead every bracket.

Some new, unbiased predictions are in order.

A- MVLA
B- Mustang
C - San Juan
D- Force

MVLA over San Juan in the final.
Impressive win by San Juan. Didn't see that coming.
Whats the difference between this MVLA team and the Man City team that got dominated by Surf?

Impressive win by San Juan. Didn't see that coming.
Whats the difference between this MVLA team and the Man City team that got dominated by Surf?
Taking about a specific loss is risky. If you say the wrong thing, you just called out a 12 year old kid for their mistakes in a public forum.

Better if I point out that Surf played an excellent game and leave it at that.

Back