G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

I'll be nice about one of these coaches by not mentioning some things. We had a few games against him and I never ran to a shower faster!

Actually, his teams are always awesome, so while I may still need that shower, his girls that play are usually phenomenal players.

Hey Way Up, I do have good news about how she's doing after being blacklisted. She bailed on 24/7 soccer and just focused on High School. She played on the Volleyball team and ran Track a couple years. She walked away from the yellers and liars. She did play a half year with Strikers before the Rona hit our shores and half year after the Rona to play in one Showcase. She played Varsity High School soccer for four years and had so much fun, plus it was free minus the fund raising. She actually got recruited a little off her video and was open to playing soccer in college after all. She got full ride soccer only offers from two mid level D1 schools and a few P5s should some interest but she was not interested in East Coast soccer. However, the schools that did offer the full rides also mandated the jabs to enroll and be on the team and my dd was a big fat no and she was blocked entry and given no opportunity. It's crazy to look back and think they would do that to a teenager, you know, force them to take that BS. She is now studying Spanish abroad in Spain and playing soccer. She is having the time of her life meeting new girls from all over the world. She worked part time and saved some money to help pay for it and she also got some sponsor dollars from family and friends. Not sure what her next move is. She comes back next week. Pro is on the table after all so we shall see. I love watching her maneuver and live life the way she wants. She does all her own negotiations and has pro teams in Spain asking about her so we shall see. Most leagues only allow 3 non EU players so its not easy and she's in no rush. The cool thing is she can speak Spanish now and carry a conversation. Their is a light at the end of tunnel in life. A wise Spiritual man once said, "do not worry about tomorrow because each day has it's own trouble."

That's awesome that she still has the passion. That's what I try to tell my dd. I tell her you could mix your soccer skills and college with so many things. Coach, professor, physical therapist, medicine, etc. Follow your passion. Maybe soccer isn't her passion. If not, Starbucks pays ok too! LOL!

That's awesome that she still has the passion. That's what I try to tell my dd. I tell her you could mix your soccer skills and college with so many things. Coach, professor, physical therapist, medicine, etc. Follow your passion. Maybe soccer isn't her passion. If not, Starbucks pays ok too! LOL!
If my dd wanted to be a lawyer or doctor, she could have had four years all paid for. Let them be who they want to be. Her senior year she got sad because she saw her love of soccer about to end. However, she has a never give up attitude and all on her own found a place in Spain to get a good education and play some soccer for fun and see how it goes. I sent you a PM. Please don't share my private convos and I promise I will never share PM from you with others. I actually had a father who I thought I could confide in on here who copied & pasted my private messages from my heart to the whole group on here. He even took PM conversations at the fields and shared them all here. I just pulled the last knife out of my back from all the hate and abuse I took for 11 years. It was very theraputic to share my heart with you and the others like Veritas, Jimmy and all the newbies. I feel you guys. These are not easy waters to swim in, especially with the sharks. BTW, I know a few players that are mellow b4 games and when they get their cleats on, the switch get's turned on. Hang in there dad, you got this. You seem like a very good dad.

If my dd wanted to be a lawyer or doctor, she could have had four years all paid for. Let them be who they want to be. Her senior year she got sad because she saw her love of soccer about to end. However, she has a never give up attitude and all on her own found a place in Spain to get a good education and play some soccer for fun and see how it goes. I sent you a PM. Please don't share my private convos and I promise I will never share PM from you with others. I actually had a father who I thought I could confide in on here who copied & pasted my private messages from my heart to the whole group on here. He even took PM conversations at the fields and shared them all here. I just pulled the last knife out of my back from all the hate and abuse I took for 11 years. It was very theraputic to share my heart with you and the others like Veritas, Jimmy and all the newbies. I feel you guys. These are not easy waters to swim in, especially with the sharks. BTW, I know a few players that are mellow b4 games and when they get their cleats on, the switch get's turned on. Hang in there dad, you got this. You seem like a very good dad.

Thank you Crush. I need the therapy. The things we do for our kids!

Thank you Crush. I need the therapy. The things we do for our kids!
It's my calling. I helped Luis out a few times navigate these stormy waters. My first avatar was Ellejustus. Those are my kids middle names and also old company I had. When I came here in 2018 to ask some questions about all this pressure put on our kids I got my teeth kicked in. I got emailed and PM telling it would be best to STFU and stop posting and one even shared they knew where I lived. My computer broke and I forgot my PW so I started a new avatar called, "soccerhelper" and they attacked me again for lying and changing my avatar. I told them up front and they still didn;t believe me. Then I went with "New Wave Dave" and they really got upset. I was always honest with my change of avatar. "FootyLove" recommended Crush because I talk like a surfer brah. See pic attached for my avatars. The Docs & coaches come on here and I can spot them a mile a way and then the TMs and GMs dads can be mean and harsh. I had a Fact Checker assigned to me 24/7 but I just wore him out and he finally stopped. They called me so many names bro. Moron, dumb dumb, fool, Medal chaser, club hopper, damn fool, stupid, ruining my dd chances, looking for free handouts, sucker dad and so much more. I took a beating for not taking deals in 7th grade for my kid. Old NCAA rules alloed for child to email coach and then coach would make a deal over the phone. I'm talking P5 bro. Someone had to speak up because their all afraid of the big bad wolf, the Doc. Doc is the middleman in this sport. You better not find out he's banging one of the moms and confront him and the God Father because they will punish you and warn you it's best to keep quiet. I'm not like that. I got spanked hard and lost all my pals. I think I walked into a Bears Dean and had no idea.

SoccerHelper
1683865256301.png

I'm going to bed now. I love you all, I mean that. It's not easy playing life right now, trying to raise kids in California right now is no small task. The soccer landscape needs a big overhaul. I said 4 years ago we as parents to need to just relax, calm the F down and think what's best for our kids mental wellbeing. The parents are the customer, remember that. The customer can help fix this but as long as customers are willing to pay whatever it takes to win, were never going to fix this. Plus, dad needs to get out of the decision making process and get off the BODs and any conflicts of interest. I have never asked for a favor from a coach. I had no extra money for privates. I never told a coach how many minutes my kid should play. I never demanded a position or starts. I only asked that you respect my dd and treat her like a lady. Many coaches were great but a few bad apples were bad apples. Good night now!

Nope, don't really care. I do appreciate that some are starting to see that XYZ league isn't the only end of the rainbow.

What you want is a club that's close to your house, has a good coach, the club backs the coach, + the team is winning / having fun.

All the rest will work itself out over time.

I don't even hate the club hoppers. As long as it's the kid pressing to play at a higher level or with a different team. (Not the parents pushing for it.)

Norcal lurker/"newbie" with my 2nd and final post on this thread, just to add some current flavor to this thread (though I do like the war stories -crush).

My daughter has been with the same club from the start. Just so happens that we were lucky enough that the local club is the biggest baddest club in California (all due respect to SD Surf and whomever the new Socal "superclub" is) at developing talent and they do it playing soccer the right way.
The norcal ECNL, ECRL, NPL standings speak for themselves in regards to being the top club in norcal. As such, it has been a constant stream of incoming talent that my daughter has had to compete with to maintain her spot. Steel sharpens steel though and my daughter has continued to develop on whatever level of team she's been at in the club.

I've known for a year now that due to life changes/forthcoming move our new local club would now be a GA club. Last year most of my daughters former teammates and good friends left the most dominant club to join other ECNL teams (all very good players but frozen out of the completely dominant ECNL team) as it was the first year of ECNL made increasingly chaotic because we had a local club granted new ECNL status. The politics of the stories I have heard have been very interesting and not something that I have any desire to have to deal with (though the dads who I still consider very good friends keep recruiting).

The time for the move has finally come. After lurking this board a long time, finally registering for an account and lurking some more I came to the exact same conclusion that Carlsbad posted above.

If your local club has a good coach that is backed by the club and has good teammates then the rest will work itself out over time. Will be moving on from the superclub rather than commute and live out of my car. I have nothing but positive things to say about the superclub as they did an excellent job with my DD. Our new local club "only" has a GA team but it does have all the right ingredients as per my above statement.

I'm sure I'll still hear about whats going on in ECNL from my friends and other GM dads, but all of that is just noise.

Best of luck to all the GOATS and their dads/moms.

Life is too short to be scoreboard/standing watching (even though many of the dads that do that are my good friends now at other ECNL clubs)

Norcal lurker/"newbie" with my 2nd and final post on this thread, just to add some current flavor to this thread (though I do like the war stories -crush).

My daughter has been with the same club from the start. Just so happens that we were lucky enough that the local club is the biggest baddest club in California (all due respect to SD Surf and whomever the new Socal "superclub" is) at developing talent and they do it playing soccer the right way.
The norcal ECNL, ECRL, NPL standings speak for themselves in regards to being the top club in norcal. As such, it has been a constant stream of incoming talent that my daughter has had to compete with to maintain her spot. Steel sharpens steel though and my daughter has continued to develop on whatever level of team she's been at in the club.

I've known for a year now that due to life changes/forthcoming move our new local club would now be a GA club. Last year most of my daughters former teammates and good friends left the most dominant club to join other ECNL teams (all very good players but frozen out of the completely dominant ECNL team) as it was the first year of ECNL made increasingly chaotic because we had a local club granted new ECNL status. The politics of the stories I have heard have been very interesting and not something that I have any desire to have to deal with (though the dads who I still consider very good friends keep recruiting).

The time for the move has finally come. After lurking this board a long time, finally registering for an account and lurking some more I came to the exact same conclusion that Carlsbad posted above.

If your local club has a good coach that is backed by the club and has good teammates then the rest will work itself out over time. Will be moving on from the superclub rather than commute and live out of my car. I have nothing but positive things to say about the superclub as they did an excellent job with my DD. Our new local club "only" has a GA team but it does have all the right ingredients as per my above statement.

I'm sure I'll still hear about whats going on in ECNL from my friends and other GM dads, but all of that is just noise.

Best of luck to all the GOATS and their dads/moms.

Life is too short to be scoreboard/standing watching (even though many of the dads that do that are my good friends now at other ECNL clubs)
Since you'll be new to GA heres some things to expect...

- Your kid will get treated like royalty by both players and coaches if you're coming from a top ECNL team.
- GA players know who all the top ECNL players are
- GA lower level teams have good players. What separates them from the better teams is coaching
- If you're coming from a top team you'll quickly be able to tell if the GA coach is good or not
- With all the right ingredients you will be able to run the local league
- Once you start playing against National GA teams (Top Hat, etc) you'll find out that they're roughly equivalent to top CA ECNL teams.

Keep in mind that if you're not on the top 3-4 ECNL teams in Socal but rather the middle 5-8 you're getting screwed out of attending the playoffs.

A 5-8 level socal ECNL team would likely be top 1-3 in most other geographies which means you would attend the playoffs.

Once you get to the playoffs it wont matter because you'll still get beaten by the same teams but at least you're able to attend.

This is where GA makes sense if you're not on the top 3-4 ECNL socal teams.
This is true

This is true
My other favorite is parents that think recruiters will notice players on the team that's getting pummeled by a super team.

This will never happen.

Actually I take that back. If 1-2 players are on the losing team + its visually obvious that they're better than the rest of the team they might catch a recruiters attention. But this kind of action would also catch the attention of other coaches on better teams in the league who will also try to recruit them. Once this happens players usually wont stay on the losing team.

So no good gossip on tryout season. Come on people!!!
No gossip, but a couple of games today for ECNL playoff spots.

San Juan and Force are playing in Norcal. Force stay in 3rd with a win or a tie.

LAFC is two points ahead of Slammers in Mojave. LAFC need a win or a tie against Eagles to keep their spot. A loss leaves them looking for help from Royals or Sporting.

So no good gossip on tryout season. Come on people!!!

Mic check one-two

In SoCal's soccer scene, quite the sight, Four teams of girls with all their might, Slammers, Blues, Surf, and Eagles in flight, Trying out for each other teams, day and night.

Slammers Koge are quick, with a super team in sight, as they aim to be the best Team in the flight. Got the Blues seeing double, quite the fright, But Blues simply chuckle, showing their fight, Shining on the field, bright as sunlight.

Surf girls ride the game with great delight, Their smooth moves make Eagles take to flight, But Eagles aim high, with goals in sight, Their courage and skills, truly a highlight.

Switching sides so much, oh what a plight, In the sunny SoCal, quite the dynamite, A wild soccer tryout, causing quite the excite, In the midst of chaos, they shine so bright.

Any truth to the rumors I heard this weekend that blues lost their taller goalie and eagles lost their starting center back? If so, what is the motivation for leaving right before ECNL playoffs and will they be able to play for other teams that qualify? I guess there is no transfer window….

Any truth to the rumors I heard this weekend that blues lost their taller goalie and eagles lost their starting center back? If so, what is the motivation for leaving right before ECNL playoffs and will they be able to play for other teams that qualify? I guess there is no transfer window….
No idea on the players but below answers questions about how players can switch ECNL clubs.

"An ECNL registered player may not play for more than one club in ECNL competitions during the ECNL season, unless: (i) the director of coaching of both the prior club and proposed new club consent to the transfer in writing; (ii) the new club has an available spot on an ECNL roster; and (iii) the ECNL commissioner consents to such transfer in writing"

My guess is that parents are just trying to lock down a spot on a super team before next season starts. Looking at the rules above Clubs need to approve player transfers mid season. I bet clubs approve all transfer requests because it's just not worth the hassle + nobody wants to be labeled as petty.

Technically, that player can play with the new club. Although there is a roster freeze for playoffs on May 1st, a team can add up to 2 players so long as they are also playing with that team for next season (see attached from ECNL Resources link).IMG_1492.png

No idea on the players but below answers questions about how players can switch ECNL clubs.

"An ECNL registered player may not play for more than one club in ECNL competitions during the ECNL season, unless: (i) the director of coaching of both the prior club and proposed new club consent to the transfer in writing; (ii) the new club has an available spot on an ECNL roster; and (iii) the ECNL commissioner consents to such transfer in writing"

My guess is that parents are just trying to lock down a spot on a super team before next season starts. Looking at the rules above Clubs need to approve player transfers mid season. I bet clubs approve all transfer requests because it's just not worth the hassle + nobody wants to be labeled as petty.
I think this last part is actually wrong - “I bet clubs approve all transfer requests because it's just not worth the hassle + nobody wants to be labeled as petty.” Pretty sure someone on here or soccerparentlife said that blues granted one or more releases but then opposed transfer a few months ago.

I think this last part is actually wrong - “I bet clubs approve all transfer requests because it's just not worth the hassle + nobody wants to be labeled as petty.” Pretty sure someone on here or soccerparentlife said that blues granted one or more releases but then opposed transfer a few months ago.
Maybe that's true. But not approving is a sword that cuts both ways. You might win in the short term but eventually positions will change + Blues will be the one that's not able to take on new recruits because another club wont approve in retaliation.

Back