Surf Cup - DA --- Accepted Teams

It's interesting that there is one DA team that is not playing in the DA division. Placer is a DA club, but their top team in this age group is playing in the Super Black division.

It's interesting that there is one DA team that is not playing in the DA division. Placer is a DA club, but their top team in this age group is playing in the Super Black division.
Do you think this was a mistake or intentional?

Do you think this was a mistake or intentional?
I'm not sure. It could be because was Placer was added to the DA pretty late, after another team backed out. Or maybe because the DA bracket was already full, or a mistake. Lots of possible reasons, I think.

They're probably the 2nd best DA team in NorCal at this age group behind the Earthquakes(former DeAnza), and are much stronger than a couple of the NorCal teams that are in the DA division.

DA teams aren't allowed to play non-DA teams. It's a shame because I know a couple of the teams that I see listed on the DA list are about to get blasted when they play at surf. It would nice to have the best play against the best, but it won't happen in today's landscape.
This is a shame and I totally agree, there should be a way to avoid this and the best should be able to play without other things involved.

DA teams aren't allowed to play non-DA teams. It's a shame because I know a couple of the teams that I see listed on the DA list are about to get blasted when they play at surf. It would nice to have the best play against the best, but it won't happen in today's landscape.

Which teams are those? Let's see if your prediction comes true.

Anyone know if the Real So Cal NPL team that lost 0-3 to Legends East Riverside in CRL play this past weekend is their first (DA) team or their second (DA2 White) team?

Anyone know if the Real So Cal NPL team that lost 0-3 to Legends East Riverside in CRL play this past weekend is their first (DA) team or their second (DA2 White) team?
It is definitely NOT their DA team. My assumption is that it is their SCDSL fly 1 team (behind DA II or Reserve)

This is incorrect. DA teams are allowed to play non-DA teams in non-league approved showcases.

Back