Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Solar Chelsea Red

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Beach

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Force

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Sting beat us today and they were clearly the better team. I think the difference is their size though. I am not trying to take anything away from the skill; just saying that the difference is the size, which they use vey well. Both teams had good skill, form and coaching. But probably 15 fouls called the entire game and only 1 against our team. They weren't playing at all dirty in my opinion, they simply knocked us over with their size and we only knocked them over once. Congrats to them and good luck to all in semis.
Sting has a lot of things going for it. May have a tougher time in semis, but you can't just say its size. Look at speed of defense. One goals has been scored against them all tourney. Not bad in surf cup. I believe they won supercopa as wel. Very underrated team coming into tourney.

I think legends beat them tomorrow, but like what I see. There ya go again another person underestimating them. ;)

Go Legends!!!!!

I watched Blues vs Sting this morning, Sting is a very good team but the parents are the worst I've seen this weekend! I can't imagine how they would act if they were behind!

I watched Blues vs Sting this morning, Sting is a very good team but the parents are the worst I've seen this weekend! I can't imagine how they would act if they were behind!
Then you missed the striker vs. sting game. As a legends parent watching that game, I can tell you I was embarrassed and felt bad for sting parents and players. No class shown by striker parents.

Hope more Texas teams continue to come to surf cup in future. Impressed with what I have seen thus far.

Sorry you feel that way! Trust me there are always two sides of the story. Maybe if you thought about the parents who know soccer & who made significant sacrifices in the form of thousands of dollars to allow their kids an opportunity to play in the best tournament in the country, you might get frustrated to see a ref only call 1 foul the entire game, with 5 mins left in the game, while the other team gets 15. Umm! Maybe looking at it from the SB POV you might be upset as well....

Then you missed the striker vs. sting game. As a legends parent watching that game, I can tell you I was embarrassed and felt bad for sting parents and players. No class shown by striker parents.

Hope more Texas teams continue to come to surf cup in future. Impressed with what I have seen thus far.

What exactly happened? I heard Marshals were called over and game was stopped?

Thank You very Much and I would say that most CA teams have been class acts. I would encourage more TX teams to come out.

actually field marshalls called over by striker parents because siblings were sitting close to Tx parents who had foul mouths..........just protecting the kids is all....game was not stopped and Tx apoligized........no big deal...

Sting will win the Surf cup without a doubt. They dominated an exceptional Strikers team. Would love to get some info on the beef between the Striker and Sting parents. Always sad when tourney officials have to babysit the parents:(

actually field marshalls called over by striker parents because siblings were sitting close to Tx parents who had foul mouths..........just protecting the kids is all....game was not stopped and Tx apoligized........no big deal...

I agree no big deal, but I am sorry that is not what happened. I do want to be clear a Tx parent never used foul language at all. A striker parent started the situation by trying to argue with a SB parent who was talking to the ref. The SB parent replied to striker parent "We can't stop each other from talking to the refs. I respect your right to contest calls." Striker parent continued to try to argue the call with Sting parent. Ref blows whistle for Halftime, SB parent walks over to striker parent, extends hand and says "do not want trouble with CA teams, we have good relationships with many CA teams". Striker parent replies, "you mean nothing to me". At that point, parents from both sides come over quickly and gives the appearance that is was more than it was. SB parent repeatedly says "we do not want any trouble". Then a striker parent comes over a says come on kids move down as you don't need to hear this....not sure what "this" was, but I was there and heard it all. Neither side to my knowledge used profanity. Situation quickly died down. Marshals show up later. SB parents spoke to the refs after the game and the refs said they called the marshals.

In the end, it really was not nearly as big of a deal as it was made out. But I do want to be clear SB parent did not start it and tried to resolve the issue...the striker parent never reciprocated.

I agree no big deal, but I am sorry that is not what happened. I do want to be clear a Tx parent never used foul language at all. A striker parent started the situation by trying to argue with a SB parent who was talking to the ref. The SB parent replied to striker parent "We can't stop each other from talking to the refs. I respect your right to contest calls." Striker parent continued to try to argue the call with Sting parent. Ref blows whistle for Halftime, SB parent walks over to striker parent, extends hand and says "do not want trouble with CA teams, we have good relationships with many CA teams". Striker parent replies, "you mean nothing to me". At that point, parents from both sides come over quickly and gives the appearance that is was more than it was. SB parent repeatedly says "we do not want any trouble". Then a striker parent comes over a says come on kids move down as you don't need to hear this....not sure what "this" was, but I was there and heard it all. Neither side to my knowledge used profanity. Situation quickly died down. Marshals show up later. SB parents spoke to the refs after the game and the refs said they called the marshals.

In the end, it really was not nearly as big of a deal as it was made out. But I do want to be clear SB parent did not start it and tried to resolve the issue...the striker parent never reciprocated.

All over a U11 girls soccer match. Too funny. Why are parents talking to the refs?

Lol, OK, that sounds about right. Striker parents yell and complain the entire game when they are winning. I can't imagine how bad they sound when they are losing. Glad it didn't escalate.

Agree with a lot stated on here. My DD's team has played Sting and Solar Red. Sting is very physical and they will get away with whatever they can so I can see if you're on the other side of it, you might call it dirty. Solar Red is not as athletic but more technical and in my opinion, play closer to true soccer. Parents have bad apples on both teams. Comes with the territory.

Agree with a lot stated on here. My DD's team has played Sting and Solar Red. Sting is very physical and they will get away with whatever they can so I can see if you're on the other side of it, you might call it dirty. Solar Red is not as athletic but more technical and in my opinion, play closer to true soccer. Parents have bad apples on both teams. Comes with the territory.
Saw a lot of physical play by every team this weekend. Elbows were flying all over the place. Its a physical game.
All parents should be proud of their 06 teams and stop pointing fingers. Teams are so much more technical than 9/10 year old girls 5+ years ago. Simply amazing.

Back