Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Solar Chelsea Red

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Beach

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Force

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Solar Black will struggle to win either of the 1st two games. Could get ugly quick
Someone has no love for SB.
Sting should be one of the favorites to win Surf. They return almost their entire team from last season that had a very good showing at Surf a year ago. One of the biggest and most athletic 06's teams you'll see. Personally, I'm rooting for both them and Solar Red to bring home the cup.

Sting should be one of the favorites to win Surf. They return almost their entire team from last season that had a very good showing at Surf a year ago. One of the biggest and most athletic 06's teams you'll see. Personally, I'm rooting for both them and Solar Red to bring home the cup.
Solar Red will win Surf Cup. Mark my words. Have eclipsed Sting and way ahead of Solar Black.

What was number of goals for Sting Black against Solar Red in 8 games? Thoughts on Solar Black?

14-9 in nine games (not eight)

Solar Black has skilled young players. I think they'll play a good brand of soccer even if they get lit up on the score sheet.

YES!!!! Sting and Solar show what NTX soccer is about !!!! Bring home the cup.

San Juan is the real deal. They play a very impressive brand of soccer. Great game between LAGSB and San Juan.

Surf and Legends are rolling in their first half games.

Solar Black will struggle to win either of the 1st two games. Could get ugly quick
Watched both Solar teams today. Both teams can ball..proper. no matter the final scores. Also looking at gotsoccer.. I dont see solar blk has played any of these top 2 tx teams in surf. Will they play them soon? their record looks convincing against all other teams

Sting looked very impressive to me. Big and fast.

Anaheim Surf looked better than I expected in the game against solar red...solar red is very good and I thought they dominated the first half, but Anaheim pressures the ball well, is well coached and has a couple do strong finishers.

Observations...play is dirty..dirty...dirty...
We have watched several games so far, I didn't see any dirty play from the girls this weekend. Teams like Sting certainly use thier size as the huge advantage it is, but it is just physical play, nothing dirty.

We have watched several games so far, I didn't see any dirty play from the girls this weekend. Teams like Sting certainly use thier size as the huge advantage it is, but it is just physical play, nothing dirty.
I agree...physical, but not dirty. The size difference at this age is amazing, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Sting certainly is a good team, but it seemed to be more about size than superior skill in the two games we watched them play...they simply overpower other teams. We watched Anaheim surf and solar play yesterday, and I thought they both had more players with better skill, but not sure either will be able to compete with the size of sting. I also think several 06 girls are playing up in 05 for clubs in SoCal this year...those girls are going to have to play 06 if the clubs want to offset some of stings size advantage.

I agree...physical, but not dirty. The size difference at this age is amazing, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Sting certainly is a good team, but it seemed to be more about size than superior skill in the two games we watched them play...they simply overpower other teams. We watched Anaheim surf and solar play yesterday, and I thought they both had more players with better skill, but not sure either will be able to compete with the size of sting. I also think several 06 girls are playing up in 05 for clubs in SoCal this year...those girls are going to have to play 06 if the clubs want to offset some of stings size advantage.

I agree that I have not seen any team play dirty.

I think for a team like Sting Black it's unfortunate their size & speed are often stated as the reason for their success. Several teams(San Juan, Surf, etc.) have good size. In fact, at this age, the size difference within a team is vast including Sting Black as they have several small players who are tiny.

IMO, Sting Black represents when 06 athleticism incorporates good soccer. I feel like ALL of the CA teams play really good soccer but the age group is in transition as most of the very athletic 06s are playing up. The Sting Black AP 06 starting lineup consists of most of the Sting Black players who made it to semi-finals of Surf in the combined 05/06. The team was not the biggest team in the tourney last year.

Sometimes a team just deserves credit for being good without the qualifers....

I think for a team like Sting Black it's unfortunate their size & speed are often stated as the reason for their success. Several teams(San Juan, Surf, etc.) have good size. In fact, at this age, the size difference within a team is vast including Sting Black as they have several small players who are tiny.

IMO, Sting Black represents when 06 athleticism incorporates good soccer. I feel like ALL of the CA teams play really good soccer but the age group is in transition as most of the very athletic 06s are playing up. The Sting Black AP 06 starting lineup consists of most of the Sting Black players who made it to semi-finals of Surf in the combined 05/06. The team was not the biggest team in the tourney last year.

Watched Sting Black play today. Speed and physicality at its best followed with outstanding skill. I wasn't sure about them being for real or not, but so far as good as advertised. At this point whatever happens, I can say they are a top team that deserves to be here.

Glad to see Surf teams holding court, should be an interesting semi-finals tomorrow. Good luck too everyone!

Sting beat us today and they were clearly the better team. I think the difference is their size though. I am not trying to take anything away from the skill; just saying that the difference is the size, which they use vey well. Both teams had good skill, form and coaching. But probably 15 fouls called the entire game and only 1 against our team. They weren't playing at all dirty in my opinion, they simply knocked us over with their size and we only knocked them over once. Congrats to them and good luck to all in semis.

Back