Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Solar Chelsea Red

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Beach

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Force

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
TECH - Where you at with your break down of Surf Cup ?? I know you DD plays o5 but I also know you have the low down on the o6's.

Dallas Sting won Premier Copa. Solar Red is a close second to Sting, and recently beat them. Will be disappointing if either don't at least advance to Qtrs, and would expect more. Solar Black, is full of younger 06s, while good for what they are, they don't really compete in same realm as the top 3 06 teams in NTX.

Dallas Sting won Premier Copa. Solar Red is a close second to Sting, and recently beat them. Will be disappointing if either don't at least advance to Qtrs, and would expect more. Solar Black, is full of younger 06s, while good for what they are, they don't really compete in same realm as the top 3 06 teams in NTX.
What happened to the Dallas Kicks ?

Now an 05 team. Too many subs to travel to Cali for 9v9.
That works for me ? Played them last year in the quarter finals.They had a really great team . Our first game is against Solar Clelsea Black ..Thanks for the Texas brake down ...

North Texas is giving insight. What's the latest on the '06 SoCal teams?
Honestly, nobody in SoCal has separated themselves yet and my guess is most of the votes above for a particular team are just parents from that team. If I had to vote, I'd go with Legends by a slight margin. Surf is always in the mix, but don't appear to be as strong as past years. Blues Holley lost arguably their best player to Strikers, but they both look good and actually tied each other in spring league. Blues Rennie won spring league, but lost in two tournament championships so far...once to Legends and once to Albion (they beat Albion two other times in tournament games). LAG, Beach, Anaheim Surf also appear to be solid and will be disappointed if they don't make it out of group play. I'm hopeful that this will be the first tournament without guests so we can really see if one or two of these teams can seperate themselves.

LA Galaxy SB has a really good team ..They are the only team to beat us this season (1-0 ) semis at memorial tourney .we were short or coach but they are strong evenly through out...Have not seen a lot of so cal teams ..Surf,Strikers ,beach (long beach , Anaheim surf and several others not coming to mind ....Going to be a great weekend of soccer this weekend at Surf cup ..Look forward to meeting up with some of the forum peps. ....
. I didn't vote for any team ....

It's going to be very interesting. So little opportunities for teams to really judge where they are. Our girls played both Rebels and RSC and saw completely different styles and capability from what we saw last year. While many, including yours truly, have downplayed the depth at 06, it is really not the case! Some really good teams out there.

Guesting could be the difference as some teams currently have great 06s playing 05. If some of those come and play 06, you could see some teams making some big waves!

Next weekend is going to be really interesting with every game being a new experience!

As an outsider looking in, I made my pick and had to be a CAS homer and go with Anaheim Surf. Not too familiar with those non CAS teams. Looks like Anaheim has some good momentum coming into Surf Cup. Winning both their home tourney and Delta Crossfire Challenge. Gave them a very small edge over SD Surf. Good luck to all. I'll be refreshing my browser constantly for results!

I would also add that Sting Black's record vs. Solar Red last 8 games is 6-1-1. Always a close, competitive game though.

Found out one of our best players won't be there this weekend. How can a family schedule their vacation during Surf Cup?!?!? What is wrong with people? Some of these 9 year-olds are showing a serious lack of commitment, which is impacting my ability to enjoy the weekend in Oceanside. (Just joking...kinda)

Surf Cup is now a huge waste of money. Just another Tourney. No longer the best of the best. With what, 3 or 4 brackets. 25 minute halves and 3o for my older. Weak. No more quarters. A money grab in it's truest form. I will discourage our teams from attending any longer.

Reactions: cr7
Surf Cup is now a huge waste of money. Just another Tourney. No longer the best of the best. With what, 3 or 4 brackets. 25 minute halves and 3o for my older. Weak. No more quarters. A money grab in it's truest form. I will discourage our teams from attending any longer.
Definitely a different tournament in terms of scale but looking at Flight 1 for the 06s, it's pretty legit. Some of the Flights with less teams don't have Quarter-Finals but again Flight 1 does.

Competition and number of games hasn't suffered at the top flights, but with the tournament growing and only so many fields and hours to play, the game lengths leave a bit to be desired.

Solar Black will struggle to win either of the 1st two games. Could get ugly quick

Back