Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Solar Chelsea Red

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Beach

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Force

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Where is some "objective" thoughts from Tech?

Thoughts on...
Final 4 teams? All 4 semifinalist from two brackets?
Champs?
Socal 2006 girls?
Who opened eyes?
What do we know now about this age group with one month left in the Tournament season?

Where is some "objective" thoughts from Tech?

Thoughts on...
Final 4 teams? All 4 semifinalist from two brackets?
Champs?
Socal 2006 girls?
Who opened eyes?
What do we know now about this age group with one month left in the Tournament season?
I think what we've learned is that Texas owns this age group in California. That is two years in a row that a Texas team (a different one mind you...) has made the trip to California and took home the trophy.

Every excuse and attempt was made to discredit Sting Black. They were too big, they were too fast, they talked to the ref, they took too many touches, they won't let us score, they shoot to hard, they surpassed the quota. Let's give'em 2.5hrs between the final pool game and the qtrs to see how they handle that.

Alas, just give them credit.

What should the SoCal parents/coaches in this age group do next? I don't know but the status quo just won't work. Do something different. SCREAM, FIGHT, BITE, SCRATCH, KICK, SPIT ....do something just stop them from taking our trophy home. CONSOLIDATE!!!

Sting is in a class of their own. Watch them and you see why. The other Texas teams are tough, but none of them made it out of pool play.

Sting is legit...proven! But the other 3 teams in semis were So Cal teams.

Amazing that they won Super Copa in June and now Surf Cup in August. I think they must be in better shape due to practicing in 100 degree weather . Their girls never got tired.

Lots of Cali peeps moving to Texas maybe it's time more of us move down there. Kidding! Could never give up beach life, but sure would like to save some money. Hats off to Sting! Next year we will work to make it more difficult for your team ;)

Sting only beat Legends 1-0... It was a great game and physical from both sides. I won't say "they own this age group". I think that's going to far. I would definitely give them credit where credit is due. They are solid all around, fast to the ball and pass well.

It's still early on in this season. Let these teams mesh together and play some more tournaments. I wouldn't jump the gun and say who's owning this age group just yet....

BTW... Legends had 4 goals against all tournament. 2 were from a free kick outside the box and a PK (handball) from Surf.

As a legends players dad, I agree with momplus2; however, during game we took against sting we took far less shots on goal and we're lucky to get out of there only down 0-1. Proud of our team! But still must give Sting their due, no crown given just yet, but can honestly say the best team won the tournament. Sting has obviously done a great job meshing their bench players were even solid. Very impressive.

Tomorrow is a new day and back to work, but for now sting has earned some bragging rights ;)

Sting only beat Legends 1-0... It was a great game and physical from both sides. I won't say "they own this age group". I think that's going to far. I would definitely give them credit where credit is due. They are solid all around, fast to the ball and pass well.

It's still early on in this season. Let these teams mesh together and play some more tournaments. I wouldn't jump the gun and say who's owning this age group just yet....

BTW... Legends had 4 goals against all tournament. 2 were from a free kick outside the box and a PK (handball) from Surf.
Momma!!! That is not the attitude for progress. Since when did "Our best team only let in 4x the number of goals as Sting Black" become a battle cry. I will repeat. CONSOLIDATE!!! I can't believe the best SoCal could come up with was well our best team only gave up "4 TIMES" more goals as the Sting blackline. CONSOLIDATE!!! Eagles+Real SoCal, Legends+Arsenal, Strikers+Slammers, Beach+Galaxy, West Coast+SoCal Blues, SDSurf+Carlsbad+Albion. We can do this if we just stick together.

T.E.A.M - Together Everyone Achieves More. Let us unite as one California.
In the words of the renowned philosopher R. King "Can't we all just get along"

#BringOurTrophyHome
#LetsMessWithTexas
#SurfboardsAndSiliconeUnited

Last edited:
Big congrats to Sting Black! Great team that was prepared and deserved to win. Play a physical, but clean brand of soccer. Great job girls!

Bummer to see Solar Red not hold up their end of the bargain this year and not finish off Anaheim Surf after hearing they dominated early. Hope they learned a lesson about closing out games, but can't imagine how SoCal would have flipped out if it were a Sting Black vs Solar Red final lol. All two familiar in Texas recently, with the results being 2-2-2 over the last 6 games (Sting outscoring Solar 8-7). Looking forward to seeing what happens in the 2 upcoming JDL games between these squads, and to see if Labor Day tourney creates another head-to-head.

If Cali wants to play consolidated, my $$$ is on TX. Since the Sting/Solar combo only allowed 4 goals all tourney, or the same as the best goals allowed from a Cali team.

Hats off to every team in the field that put themselves out there to play against "The best of the best" this past weekend. Looking forward to seeing this age group continue to battle in the coming months/years!
tinue to battle in the coming months/years!

Not sure Sting would need to Consolidate with Solar. Seems they have it figured out just fine (1 goal given up whole tourney). Maybe a Solar/Andro merger...wait that has been done a few months ago. How about a Solar/Andro/Liverpool Merger?

Also, I believe it was mentioned in an earlier post that over last 8 games Sting has 6-1-1 record against Solar Red.

Okay peeps, the fun is over. It is time to take the petty in-fighting over nothing back to your own forum. Geez, what happened to keep it classy. Until next time....or maybe not.

Momma!!! That is not the attitude for progress. Since when did "Our best team only let in 4x the number of goals as Sting Black" become a battle cry. I will repeat. CONSOLIDATE!!! I can't believe the best SoCal could come up with was well our best team only gave up "4 TIMES" more goals as the Sting blackline. CONSOLIDATE!!! Eagles+Real SoCal, Legends+Arsenal, Strikers+Slammers, Beach+Galaxy, West Coast+SoCal Blues, SDSurf+Carlsbad+Albion. We can do this if we just stick together.

#BringOurTrophyHome
#LetsMessWithTexas

#BringOurTrophyHome
#LetsMessWithTexas
With what true purpose? To just win a game as 10 year olds? To build a team that relies on physical and direct play? This ideology is archaic. I'd rather see a team that plays creative and thoughtful soccer first. Where the girls display what they have learned and showcase that talent. Mind you I take no issue with playing aggressively and utilizing speed but not when that's the only approach.

With what true purpose? To just win a game as 10 year olds? To build a team that relies on physical and direct play? This ideology is archaic. I'd rather see a team that plays creative and thoughtful soccer first. Where the girls display what they have learned and showcase that talent. Mind you I take no issue with playing aggressively and utilizing speed but not when that's the only approach.

If this is in reference to Sting Black then I would ask you one question. Are you sure that was their only approach?

It might have been their approach for your team but I know from watching them if you match their speed and physically, they can play soccer.

Those girls are intelligent players who have speed, size, and skill. They know when to be physical and to be poised. This is why they walk away with trophies time and time again. It can be frustrating to say the least but let's not categorize them as one dimensional. Their back line is fast and smart, but they play out of the back and their midfield can control the game. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Again...this is conduct unbecoming of a SoCal parent. You are advocating sticking with a plan that isn't in line with what makes SoCal soccer great. SoCal soccer is big, fast, physical, tactical and technical. The best of SoCal age groups know that all 5 elements consistently across top teams is why more TROPHIES rest in SoCal than any other region. Stop crying and keep the little parents with their little kids out of the big leagues. The best of SoCal can one touch when we need to and run around or through when we have to. Lets get back to SoCal soccer. Take a view into 2-5 age groups up. SoCal hasn't had the problem (until this 06 age group, mind you) of being consistently run by, run through and passed around by an out of state team. SoCal doesn't use the archaic passive aggressive weakling "we play for development not trophies" argument. If you typed what you typed after getting your butts whooped 2 years in a row in any of the older forums more SoCal parents would ban you from speaking. You are making the SoCal parents look bad in front of company. Surf Cup is entered to Win Trophies...even at 10 years old. SoCal (sans the '06 age group) never thinks or says "well...we were more creative than them.....right gang?" SoCal needs consolidation in order to weed out cancerous ideology like you are proporting. Stop it, now. Consolidate because Iron sharpens Iron and clearly there is too much clay mixed in with Iron on the current teams. You my friend appear to be part of the clay clan.

#CONSOLIDATE
#MoreIronLessClay

If this is in reference to Sting Black then I would ask you one question. Are you sure that was their only approach?

It might have been their approach for your team but I know from watching them if you match their speed and physically, they can play soccer.

Those girls are intelligent players who have speed, size, and skill. They know when to be physical and to be poised. This is why they walk away with trophies time and time again. It can be frustrating to say the least but let's not categorize them as one dimensional. Their back line is fast and smart, but they play out of the back and their midfield can control the game. Let's give credit where credit is due.[/QUOTE

Those girls are intelligent players who have speed, size, and skill. They know when to be physical and to be poised. This is why they walk away with trophies time and time again. It can be frustrating to say the least but let's not categorize them as one dimensional. Their back line is fast and smart, but they play out of the back and their midfield can control the game. Let's give credit where credit is due.
No it is not in reference to Sting. It was a response to BFTP idea of putting together a team from SoCal. It serves no purpose but to say whose better. The fact that you mention trophies makes one feel winning is the only thing. And, no our girls did play them this year.

Again...this is conduct unbecoming of a SoCal parent. You are advocating sticking with a plan that isn't in line with what makes SoCal soccer great. SoCal soccer is big, fast, physical, tactical and technical. The best of SoCal age groups know that all 5 elements consistently across top teams is why more TROPHIES rest in SoCal than any other region. Stop crying and keep the little parents with their little kids out of the big leagues. The best of SoCal can one touch when we need to and run around or through when we have to. Lets get back to SoCal soccer. Take a view into 2-5 age groups up. SoCal hasn't had the problem (until this 06 age group, mind you) of being consistently run by, run through and passed around by an out of state team. SoCal doesn't use the archaic passive aggressive weakling "we play for development not trophies" argument. If you typed what you typed after getting your butts whooped 2 years in a row in any of the older forums more SoCal parents would ban you from speaking. You are making the SoCal parents look bad in front of company. Surf Cup is entered to Win Trophies...even at 10 years old. SoCal (sans the '06 age group) never thinks or says "well...we were more creative than them.....right gang?" SoCal needs consolidation in order to weed out cancerous ideology like you are proporting. Stop it, now. Consolidate because Iron sharpens Iron and clearly there is too much clay mixed in with Iron on the current teams. You my friend appear to be part of the clay clan.

#CONSOLIDATE
#MoreIronLessClay
Conduct unbecoming? I am questioning your purpose. You are asking SoCal to put a team together to play Texas.. That sounds very bitter and unbecoming. I am suggesting making an effort to try the new changes by US Soccer. You mention trophies I do not. Nor am I complaining, but I disagree with most of your comments in this post. We need more technical and tactical play. There is not enough of it. It needs to go further.

Back