Legends Classic Tourney Schedule

It appears the schedule is back up and the groups remain the same. Here is the next group.

Group “C”

So Cal Blues (BH & RR)

Legends South (SL)

LAGSB Pre-Academy 1 (DS)

FCGS (CG)

Group Overview: Another balanced group with quality sides. So Cal Blues appears to have gone out and picked up a few players to bolster their squad. This includes a formidable goalie. With a joint coaching staff it will be interesting to see how this team plays and if one approach over powers the other. Or will they meet in the middle? Legends South had some positive results in CRL and will look to build off of them. They too are looking to also make an impression and will have the chance here with this particular lineup of teams. LAGSB has added a few additions bringing added depth to the team. They will play a possession style game building out of the back and working the ball through various channels. Passes will be of plenty, with off the ball movement, and done with pace. FCGS is another group who embrace a possession game. They also have made a few additions who are team oriented. They will look to spread the field by working the ball to the inside, to the back, and right back out to the flanks.

Some interesting thoughts. And some hidden homer propaganda. As expected, c'est la vie.

It's seems the newly reformed teams like the combo Blues and Beach SB (and even the 2 Slammers) have much speculation. From what I hear from buddies on both teams, it's not what's stated. So, suggest to pay attention to play quality (and scores) and not to hearsay.

Quite honestly, the players and the coaches know where they stand. It should be a fun year in this age group, just like them 04s and 05s. Bonne chance and good luck to all in the tourney.

Some interesting thoughts. And some hidden homer propaganda. As expected, c'est la vie.

It's seems the newly reformed teams like the combo Blues and Beach SB (and even the 2 Slammers) have much speculation. From what I hear from buddies on both teams, it's not what's stated. So, suggest to pay attention to play quality (and scores) and not to hearsay.

Quite honestly, the players and the coaches know where they stand. It should be a fun year in this age group, just like them 04s and 05s. Bonne chance and good luck to all in the tourney.
Nope, no homer propaganda.And, no speculation. Especially coming from a poster who joined today. So, lets talk about all this. I know well about 6-8 families on the Beach South Bay team. And from the Blues I just reported on whats out there, which you would not. Which is more than you have. And, the Slammers teams I actually know CB and have inside track. And, no I do not pay attention to hearsay. You do. So your precesion is FUBAR.:D

Nope, no homer propaganda.And, no speculation. Especially coming from a poster who joined today. So, lets talk about all this. I know well about 6-8 families on the Beach South Bay team. And from the Blues I just reported on whats out there, which you would not. Which is more than you have. And, the Slammers teams I actually know CB and have inside track. And, no I do not pay attention to hearsay. You do. So your precesion is FUBAR.:D
Not referring to you as the homer and sorry if offended you. I thought your analysis and info was quite good.

There is a homer in the comment chain but didn't feel necessary to single them out, since they'll just become more defensive, but just a general point. Main idea was just to judge the quality of play despite what other parents who do have vested interests may say. I don't think you've taken sides at all.

Barring any movement of teams here is the next group. If there is team movement an addendum will be made to reflect the change.

Group “B”

Slammers Elite (CB)

Beach LB (RP)

LAGSB (RDi)

West Coast (DSw)

Group Overview: This ensemble of teams is well balanced in that there are teams that seem out right favorites and others that can upset them. With many new additions only to be assembled at a new club with a well-known and familiar face in CB is Slammers Elite. This team will distinctly reflect CB’s style and ethic. They will play a quick passing game and move the ball forward. And will apply pressure at every turn. Beach also will play a fast moving game with off the ball pressure and trying to close the passing lanes. This will allow them to transition quickly and create scoring opportunities. And look for them to take a chance long or strike shots from outside. LAGSB squad seems to have retained much of their players from last year and will certainly be cohesive. They play a methodical game with a moderate tempo. They collectively will look to play together. West Coast led by DS plays a controlled and passing oriented game that seeks to move the ball with real purpose. This will be done with short passes, playing wide, and dribbling at the opposition. As with many teams will rely on their midfield to be the heart of the operation.

The next 2 weekends will give us a better outlook on who's who.. A lot of movement w/ the implosion of the Strikers teams & movement with associated coaches. Blues roster looks quite a bit different from last season too. I think the obituary on AnaSurf was a bit premature, their roster looks to be mainly intact as well and they are still loaded w/ talent.

FWIW, good predictions/overview on some unknowns, more judging coaches history at this point then competitive results.

See you all out there next weekend.

The next 2 weekends will give us a better outlook on who's who.. A lot of movement w/ the implosion of the Strikers teams & movement with associated coaches. Blues roster looks quite a bit different from last season too. I think the obituary on AnaSurf was a bit premature, their roster looks to be mainly intact as well and they are still loaded w/ talent.

FWIW, good predictions/overview on some unknowns, more judging coaches history at this point then competitive results.

What team are you with ???

Not referring to you as the homer and sorry if offended you. I thought your analysis and info was quite good.

There is a homer in the comment chain but didn't feel necessary to single them out, since they'll just become more defensive, but just a general point. Main idea was just to judge the quality of play despite what other parents who do have vested interests may say. I don't think you've taken sides at all.
Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated. And, sorry for my late response.

I agree. We will see what mettle these teams have forged so far. Yes, the Strikers break up provided several clubs some very talented players. Agreed on Blues too. With BH/RR bringing players from their two squads and gaining players from outside I would suspect their much improved. The Anaheim Surf question on player personnel is still open for debate. Yes, I did base some of what I mentioned from what I know about many of these coaches and styles. Also, player retention and past performances from SC and CRL or whatever else I stumbled on.

I agree. We will see what mettle these teams have forged so far. Yes, the Strikers break up provided several clubs some very talented players. Agreed on Blues too. With BH/RR bringing players from their two squads and gaining players from outside I would suspect their much improved. The Anaheim Surf question on player personnel is still open for debate. Yes, I did base some of what I mentioned from what I know about many of these coaches and styles. Also, player retention and past performances from SC and CRL or whatever else I stumbled on.
And watching many of these teams grow and change since they were U8's.

I had the opportunity to watch a couple of games and Albion and Blues stood out.

Albion has definitely added a next speed and physicality. They are going to be really tough!

Blues looks like the kind of Blues team we are all used to seeing. They finally look like they have the traditional recipe. Physicality, directness and swagger. I actually watched one of their forwards stare down a goalie and it was intense!

Super tough for teams that are continuing to attempt possession style on such small fields. And, the punts just exacerbate that problem.

Really great to see things progressing at 06. Its going to be a fun year!

I had the opportunity to watch a couple of games and Albion and Blues stood out.

Albion has definitely added a next speed and physicality. They are going to be really tough!

Blues looks like the kind of Blues team we are all used to seeing. They finally look like they have the traditional recipe. Physicality, directness and swagger. I actually watched one of their forwards stare down a goalie and it was intense!

Super tough for teams that are continuing to attempt possession style on such small fields. And, the punts just exacerbate that problem.

Really great to see things progressing at 06. Its going to be a fun year!

Albion 2-1 over LAGSD

Great game. Albion moves the ball well.

Does anyone know the update on the West Coast v slammers game?
Slammers v. WCFC 1-1 Final (Bracket B)
Slammers FC v. LA Galaxy SB Elite 3-2 Final (Bracket A)

Now posted. Looks like slammers in Bracket A had a tougher draw with Legnds in their bracket. Both came in 2nd in bracket. Which team is the top LA Galaxy team Navy or Elite?

Long time reader, first time posting. Enjoys the posts Lastman, keep up the good work.

Slammers v. WCFC 1-1 Final (Bracket B)
Slammers FC v. LA Galaxy SB Elite 3-2 Final (Bracket A)

Now posted. Looks like slammers in Bracket A had a tougher draw with Legnds in their bracket. Both came in 2nd in bracket. Which team is the top LA Galaxy team Navy or Elite?

Long time reader, first time posting. Enjoys the posts Lastman, keep up the good work.
LAGSB Pre Academy I is their top team.

Back