ECNL Championship Draw

How can Jay FC be the winner of bracket play when Surf's DF is 2+ and Jay FC is Zero? From any other tournament play, a team with a positive goal Dif should be the top team.

View attachment 1106

OK, I answered my own questions. Here is the ECNL ruling

3.17.3 ECNL Playoff Standings - Advancement: If two teams are tied within their group at the ECNL Playoffs, the tie-breaker will be as follows:
- Total points earned in head to head game (if possible). If more than two teams are tied, this tie-breaker shall not apply.
- Goal Difference (based on group play);
- Goals For (based on group play);
- Goals Against (based on group play);
- Penalties: If it is still tied, the winner shall be determined by kicks from the mark. The winner shall then be the ECNL Team that scores the most in five (5) kicks from the mark. If the teams remain tied after five (5) kicks, the winner shall be determined by sudden death in rounds of one (1) kick per team.

All 2001 SoCal teams out. Out coached. Spanked by girls trained to play the game. It wasn't funny. Things need to change. Fast girls are good but knowledgeable girls are better.... Blues did well but Crossfire Premier out did them. Florida outplayed Blues IMO. Crossfire, Top Hat, FC Stars and FC Dallas - they are obviously teaching those girls the game and not shooting the ball at a goalie or scrimmaging while the coaches talk all practice.

All 2001 SoCal teams out. Out coached. Spanked by girls trained to play the game. It wasn't funny. Things need to change. Fast girls are good but knowledgeable girls are better.... Blues did well but Crossfire Premier out did them. Florida outplayed Blues IMO. Crossfire, Top Hat, FC Stars and FC Dallas - they are obviously teaching those girls the game and not shooting the ball at a goalie or scrimmaging while the coaches talk all practice.
Always a thing or two to learn along the way, right?!

dislike the TGS ECNL website. Not user friendly. I was pleasantly surprised to experience the TGS ECNL playoffs site to be quite the opposite. Very user friendly.

Today remaining in the Champions League hunt for an ECNL National Championship I see Blues, Surf and Slammers (u15); Slammers (u17); and, Surf (u18) still repping well. Did anyone expect Blues u16's demise in Chicago? I for one did not.

dislike the TGS ECNL website. Not user friendly. I was pleasantly surprised to experience the TGS ECNL playoffs site to be quite the opposite. Very user friendly.

Today remaining in the Champions League hunt for an ECNL National Championship I see Blues, Surf and Slammers (u15); Slammers (u17); and, Surf (u18) still repping well. Did anyone expect Blues u16's demise in Chicago? I for one did not.

I did not expect the demise until tomorrow or in San Diego. They had a lot of trouble in their last 2 games. It was nice to see teams that can force Blues into possession-like game. Blues girls impressed me with some of the possession game but the other teams looked so much better. The way these girls are taught in SoCal I would expect a U15 or even a u8 team to do well. As they get older that stuff won't work. 2 teams from SoCal representing u16/u17/u18 tells the story. U17 Slammers girls is an anomaly also - they do not need a coach - good set of girls.

Dang @LadiesMan217 tell us how you really feel. I have been saying for a long time that playing nationally opens peoples eyes to what is out there. When I hear people saying that SoCal teams don't need to play out of state sides I just shake my head and realize that the person is probably a ULittle parent.

Dang @LadiesMan217 tell us how you really feel. I have been saying for a long time that playing nationally opens peoples eyes to what is out there. When I hear people saying that SoCal teams don't need to play out of state sides I just shake my head and realize that the person is probably a ULittle parent.

This is the reason I embrace DA - this is the sole reason. I know you are not sold on it but I have to have something to hope for.

Oh! I forgot. To anyone outside of SoCal that reads these message boards I will represent all of us and apologize for the Blues parents behavior. They get caught up in the game and are actually nice people.

As posters having been saying, recruiting the athletically big, fast and strong players is great for winning at the younger ages. Unfortunately, if the coach doesn't developed them properly, they will be caught.

This is the reason I embrace DA - this is the sole reason. I know you are not sold on it but I have to have something to hope for.

I hate to tell you this but all 3 of the teams that they played are GDA teams too. So let me ask you this, do you expect something to change with the same coaches, mostly the same kids, playing the same teams from the same clubs?

I hope that it does something transformational to girls soccer in the US but I really think that it is the old cliche of looking busy so that the boss (Sunil) thinks that you are doing so something. I will believe it when I see it. With all of the YNT games that I have seen I must say that I don't buy it. Good luck to you and your player.

I hate to tell you this but all 3 of the teams that they played are GDA teams too. So let me ask you this, do you expect something to change with the same coaches, mostly the same kids, playing the same teams from the same clubs?

I hope that it does something transformational to girls soccer in the US but I really think that it is the old cliche of looking busy so that the boss (Sunil) thinks that you are doing so something. I will believe it when I see it. With all of the YNT games that I have seen I must say that I don't buy it. Good luck to you and your player.

I understand but I still hope. Without hope I am done.

Not sure who you are referring to by getting spanked.

Blues lost on GD and lost a key scorer along the way. They were the defending champ so everyone was gunning for them

West coast was not spanked by anyone, they just needed to score some goals. They battled Top Hat and their four USWNT players wire to wire and gave up a questionable foul call late. Tophat converted for the 1-0 win. Game was even wire to wire. WCFC then took three points the following day only to learn moments later they would lose out to TOphat head to head, so today everyone was able to get minutes and played and they took a 0-0 draw.

Slammers had the hardest draw out of the SoCal teams and drew (IMO) the best team at the age in Concorde in game 1 at 8:00. Concorde has three USWNT players and arguably one of the best at the age in the line up. I think slammers will tell you they are the real deal.

Lastly Real. Ok they took a 4-0 loss to the stars. Again, a great opponent with a few national teamers. Maybe this is what you are referring to as a blowout?

Yes I saw that coming and stated it earlier in the thread. I said Tophat and Concorde or Stars might be the ones to beat them

Not sure who you are referring to by getting spanked.

Blues lost on GD and lost a key scorer along the way. They were the defending champ so everyone was gunning for them

West coast was not spanked by anyone, they just needed to score some goals. They battled Top Hat and their four USWNT players wire to wire and gave up a questionable foul call late. Tophat converted for the 1-0 win. Game was even wire to wire. WCFC then took three points the following day only to learn moments later they would lose out to TOphat head to head, so today everyone was able to get minutes and played and they took a 0-0 draw.

Slammers had the hardest draw out of the SoCal teams and drew (IMO) the best team at the age in Concorde in game 1 at 8:00. Concorde has three USWNT players and arguably one of the best at the age in the line up. I think slammers will tell you they are the real deal.

Lastly Real. Ok they took a 4-0 loss to the stars. Again, a great opponent with a few national teamers. Maybe this is what you are referring to as a blowout?

No blowouts, just a SoCal spanking.

Oh! I forgot. To anyone outside of SoCal that reads these message boards I will represent all of us and apologize for the Blues parents behavior. They get caught up in the game and are actually nice people.

To what are you referring. Inquiring minds would like to know. I heard of an incident and it didn't sound like it was instigated by Blues parents.

Correction more not used to losing. ;)

Easily the most enjoyable guilty pleasure I will admit to is watching the parents of the favored teams start to squirm, complain, and yell when things aren't going their way.

Yes, they are usually nice cause their usually winning.

Easily the most enjoyable guilty pleasure I will admit to is watching the parents of the favored teams start to squirm, complain, and yell when things aren't going their way.

Yes, they are usually nice cause their usually winning.
not so sure I would say they are nice, even when they are winning-(on certain teams with a particular coach)

Solar Chelsea is the real deal - a legit #1 team in ECNL
BIG, Fast, Strong w skill to move the ball - all great shooters

Most teams have 1 or 2 studs this team has 5-6 amazing to watch those DD's play

I would be surprised if they don't win it All

Back