ECNL Championship Draw

We could do the same thing here if we went from everyone getting GDA to maybe 5-6 teams. In reality there is only enough elite talent for 2-3 teams but there is plenty of very good players that could fill the other 3-4 teams.

I agree our Region is so diluted too many teams to many leagues - as a region we don't concentrate our talent --- now with DA and ECNL this will dilute the Talent pool further ... SMH

I'm watching the replay of the game right now and the first goal by Solar was poor defense on Eclispe's part. So far I haven't seen anything extraordinary. It's U14 though so my expectations aren't very high. They do attempt to connect passes though and both teams are trying to play soccer so far.

I'm watching the replay of the game right now and the first goal by Solar was poor defense on Eclispe's part. So far I haven't seen anything extraordinary. It's U14 though so my expectations aren't very high. They do attempt to connect passes though and both teams are trying to play soccer so far.
You won't be able to see anything extraordinary because your DD is not playing.

You won't be able to see anything extraordinary because your DD is not playing.

Wrong. But don't be a hater. You sound bitter. Is reality starting to set in? Mine has a 3.9 in pre-med and is a baller. Don't hate the player. Hate yourself for being a d-bag.

I just saw Eclipse score their first goal. First of all it was a missed call by the AR. The ball was near side of the broadcast and was clearly out of bounds. The goal came on a corner kick. The defense did a horrible job of clearing the ball. So far lots of poor defending. I like that both teams are trying to connect passes for the most part. A very good sign at the youngest ECNL age.

I just so Solar's second goal. Long ball cross to the back post. Nobody home. The girl had time to receive the pass, settle it, take a touch and put it in the back of the net. Again piss poor defense.

I agree our Region is so diluted too many teams to many leagues - as a region we don't concentrate our talent --- now with DA and ECNL this will dilute the Talent pool further ... SMH
Yes, so much to navigate in the next couple of years, yours is an 03 if I recall.

I believe the coach for the Chicago Red Stars NWSL team is the DOC for Eclipse select. They do a good job of trying to play out of trouble.

FYI some insight / rumor on Solar Chelsea

- That team has 10 new players handpicked from other clubs (Coming from one of the Solar parents) they have stacked team

Essentially Solar had an all star team - Now I can not confirm nor deny this .....but .....it makes sense why they were so dominant - no excuses here they deserve to win but if true puts things into perspective

Kong - thank you for your insight. And congrats to your dd's team. The So Cal WC team did better than the two AQ from the SW region.

As for the rumor on Solar Chelsea, isn't this the same exact blueprint for every Blues top team? Now that we have GDA, don't you think Blues, Slammers, Beach and Legends are trying to do it too? There is nothing wrong with trying to form these super teams (hell the NBA is doing it every offseason), but to think that Solar is the only team stacking teams would be myopic.

Thanks again for the insight these past four or five days.

Bababooey - Agree ....the era of the Super teams has been here ....but now it's becoming more and more prevelant .... it's apparent that if you want to compete at highest levels in the Club Soccer World you need to build these super teams

I'm just concerned that our competing "leagues" platforms dilutes/spreads our talent pool to far .... but maybe not.... So Cal might be big enough!!

Bababooey - Agree ....the era of the Super teams has been here ....but now it's becoming more and more prevelant .... it's apparent that if you want to compete at highest levels in the Club Soccer World you need to build these super teams

I'm just concerned that our competing "leagues" platforms dilutes/spreads our talent pool to far .... but maybe not.... So Cal might be big enough!!
Speaking of "super teams" and effort / results congrats to SW conference ECNL Final Four movers u15 Blues and Slammers, u17 Slammers. Wish there were more SoCal participants but I'll take it. Best of luck in July!

There is not enough elite talent in SoCal to fill all of the GDA teams. It's sad but true. The rest of the country is in an even tougher situation. We have 20 million people in the region or about the population of Texas, Florida or New York so the smaller areas with multiple teams will either have one super team and a couple of weak teams or several mediocre teams.

FYI some insight / rumor on Solar Chelsea

- That team has 10 new players handpicked from other clubs (Coming from one of the Solar parents) they have stacked team

Essentially Solar had an all star team - Now I can not confirm nor deny this .....but .....it makes sense why they were so dominant - no excuses here they deserve to win but if true puts things into perspective

The same three that broke down the Blues last year were still there on full display. OP didnt even play the full game

Meh I am not convinced yet. I think Legends and Slammers will be awesome next year. All the RC girls won't drive to Blues or WCFC like they used to for ECNL.
I also think the attendance reqs of four days per week training will stop some of the driving. I have seen this in my old club- it's becoming very geographical now. Super teams work i would say in middle school or close club proximity. Let's see how many 9-10 graders parents and kids want to drive an hour away four days a week when life, academic and boys come into play and they have a DA in their backyard.
We are told time and time again coaches recruit players not teams. Why be on the super team if you are a role player? No thank you

We could do the same thing here if we went from everyone getting GDA to maybe 5-6 teams. In reality there is only enough elite talent for 2-3 teams but there is plenty of very good players that could fill the other 3-4 teams.
It will all clear up MakeAPlay National Clearing House and Porm are yet to come.

I don't understand how Surf U18 with 6 YNT attacking players including the PAC 12 freshman of the year managed to lose 3-2 in the final. Either they have a bad coach, a bad defense or a combination of the two!

Meh I am not convinced yet. I think Legends and Slammers will be awesome next year. All the RC girls won't drive to Blues or WCFC like they used to for ECNL.
I also think the attendance reqs of four days per week training will stop some of the driving. I have seen this in my old club- it's becoming very geographical now. Super teams work i would say in middle school or close club proximity. Let's see how many 9-10 graders parents and kids want to drive an hour away four days a week when life, academic and boys come into play and they have a DA in their backyard.
We are told time and time again coaches recruit players not teams. Why be on the super team if you are a role player? No thank you

For 2001's Legends will be a strong GDA contender - based on the information I currently have regarding player movement and GDA team selection I would probably pick them as #1 team at this time.

I don't understand how Surf U18 with 6 YNT attacking players including the PAC 12 freshman of the year managed to lose 3-2 in the final. Either they have a bad coach, a bad defense or a combination of the two!
maybe some of US soccer's picks for YNT are not all that great?? Look at the U15 Arsenal team with 4-5 YNT - they barely made it into championships and did not make it out of pool play.

The YNT players on my DD team are not the best players on the team. The YNT player on her friends team is not the best player on the team. I see a trend here....

Back