ECNL Championship Draw

Silverlakes would have slammers beach and legends for sure. Beyond that,... It's hard to say

But looking at the ages across the board

Surf has

Surf
Blues
West coast
La Galaxy
La Galaxy sd
Pats
Real

And then the out of area teams

Burlingame
Ca thorns
Crossfire
Psv
San Jose Earthquakes
FC united
Thanks for the look see on that. So Silver Slammers, Beach, Legends and maybe Soreno, del sol, Eagles, Real, LA Gal, LA Prem...?

A Silverlakes link would be helpful

On another note, here's my picks for the Champions League to win it all:

U14 PDA (and then there was GDA...)
U15 SoCal Blues (just too much...)
U16 SoCal Blues (ditto...)
U17 Slammers (back to back to back...)
U18 PDA (just feels like a PDA year...)

East and West coasts baby! LOL

On another note, here's my picks for the Champions League to win it all:

U14 PDA (and then there was GDA...)
U15 SoCal Blues (just too much...)
U16 SoCal Blues (ditto...)
U17 Slammers (back to back to back...)
U18 PDA (just feels like a PDA year...)

East and West coasts baby! LOL

That would be quite a feat for SoCal to have 3 ECNL champs. Good luck to all of the SoCal teams!

For the u16 Concorde can take Blues they just have to withstand the direct onslaught.

Tophat or FC Stars have a chance as well.

The Blues 15 I agree. Way too much to handle

If Slammers can win three years in a row that would be incredible.

U14 ECNL Championship Series

- Two Cali Teams made into the final Four "Semi" round

- Arsenal v Solar Chelsea
- Surf v Eclipse

- Arsenal Dominated their bracket
- Surf was challenged but got into semis via Goal Differential
- Strikers got off to rough start with a tie and lost for the first two games and could not recover

Great Job Cali teams - way to represent

Total Count (3 Games) who watched our games
- 35 D1 + National team coaches in Attendance who watched atleast 1/2 of a game

Great experience so far!

What Age Groups?

U16's - important recruiting time for ECNL players. But, if you are not on top teams in the championship games it seems like not any more coaches at the showcase games than at other college showcases. Not my DD's team so I wasn't there personally but that's what was reported.

I don't know about that, our 1st game against the Strikers U14 we had over 20 colleges watching.
Santa Clara
Florida State
Auburn
Alabama
Texas Tech
Univ of TX
Univ of Kansas
Kansas State
Univ of OK
Oklahoma State
Iowa State
TCU
Virginia Tech
Syracuse
Air Force
South Carolina
Grand Canyon University
Grand Valley State University
Clemson
U of Georgia
UCLA
Providence
U of Denver
U of Arkansas

U16's - important recruiting time for ECNL players. But, if you are not on top teams in the championship games it seems like not any more coaches at the showcase games than at other college showcases. Not my DD's team so I wasn't there personally but that's what was reported.

My player wasn't on a team that ever advanced out of pool play yet her team would routinely have 40-60+ coaches watching. I have run into Jill Ellis, BJ Snow, April Heinrich and others at these events on the sidelines. Your friends situation sounds odd.

My buddy has a 2002 (U15) DD in the ECNL playoffs. He told me at Fridays 1st game at least 50 college coaches and yesterday game at least 70 college coaches watched.

I am talking about the teams playing in the "showcase" level. As you all know there are three levels of competition at the ECNL playoffs. Championship, North America Cup, and Showcase.

If your team is playing at the Championship level, then yes even all the pool play games have a ton of coaches. U14 games are all championship level only. They don't have North America Cup or Showcase - only 16 top teams from across the country so of course tons of coaches. The bottom level of the ECNL teams that are playing in the Showcase games are not seeing many coaches.

I have watched a lot of ECNL games at all levels and the top teams have some amazing talent for the most part. The lower ranked teams are often no better that teams playing in other platforms in my opinion.

I am talking about the teams playing in the "showcase" level. As you all know there are three levels of competition at the ECNL playoffs. Championship, North America Cup, and Showcase.

If your team is playing at the Championship level, then yes even all the pool play games have a ton of coaches. U14 games are all championship level only. They don't have North America Cup or Showcase - only 16 top teams from across the country so of course tons of coaches. The bottom level of the ECNL teams that are playing in the Showcase games are not seeing many coaches.
I have never experienced the showcase bracket games. My DD has only played in the Champions and North American brackets. My take is, if your DD is U16 playing in the showcase bracket. She will need to have a TON of individual club soccer accolades (ODP, PDP, ID2 and/or YNT pool) to attract college coaches, her team probably won't do it on it's own. If she doesn't have those accolades and she a rising 2001 HS Jr. The Power 5 and top mid-major programs have for the most part already identified or commtited the players in your DD's class. Depending on the schools your DD emailed, if they did not show....you should consider revaluating whoch school's she is targetting.

Example: if your DD's top 10 includes the likes of CAL, USC, UCLA type schools....it might be time to form a new top 10 with mid-lower D1, D2 and D3 schools such as UC Davis, USD, Cal State Fullerton, Claremont Colleges, etc.

How can Jay FC be the winner of bracket play when Surf's DF is 2+ and Jay FC is Zero? From any other tournament play, a team with a positive goal Dif should be the top team.

U14 ECNL Backet B.png

Back