CRL Play In

Again I apologize for being new at this but why are the 5-6-7 place teams from last years CRL getting the auto bids when CRL rules clearly state that any auto bids not accepted go to the next highest point total from the CRL play-in games? Shouldn't the two Legends teams and Force get the auto bids because they finished second in bracket play at the play-in?

Why do we even need CRL? Isn't league play, showcase, tournaments and State Cup enough?
Why not just reach out to the team that you deem to be a challenge for your team and set up a friendly at a field, date and time that both teams can agree on?
Seems that Cal-South isn't adapting to the new landscape of DA and ECNL appropriately.

CRL was an excellent league last year at the 04 level. It allowed us to get to play 90% of the top teams in So Cal (Slammers & WCFC didn't play). The winner of the league also gets a chance to represent Cal South at Far West Regionals which is a big deal. Just about every game last year was very competitive. You don't always get that in league play. If you are lucky enough to have played in the top tourneys you may get to play 2-3 of the top So Cal teams. CRL was a way to truly measure your success against the top brass.
With the only other Cal South ticket to FWR being the winner of National Cup it would be a shame to only see one Cal South team competing there. The CRL format guarantees another Cal South ticket to be punched. This year there will be "3". Since Nor Cal didn't have the requisite amount of teams competing in CRL Cal South has a play in for the final 04 spot at FWR. Real So Cal & LAGSD will face off this Saturday in Temecula. Get your popcorn ready!

As an example here are the CRL teams from last year that we would not have been able to play it weren't for CRL (and we played in all of the top tourneys)
Arsenal / Beach / Legends / Real So Cal / Arsenal SD / IE Surf West

Trying to port over team names from last year to this year and need a little friendly help. For these teams in the CRL play-in do you know what team name (and maybe coach) they went by last season or if they are a new team. Thanks!

1. CDA FC Slammers HB Melendez
2. Legends FC Academy 2
3. CDA FC Slammers HB Roland
4. Strikers FC
5. Albion SC DPL Academy Kooiman

I think I have the ones below...

IE Surf West MB/SB is now San Gabriel Surf Bradbury ??
SD Force FC Academy Ocampo use to be San Diego Arsenal Ocampo ??
#3 - Was the NHB team that was in the qtr finals at state cup. http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=749771
#4 - Not sure if this is a new team however Strikers FC Alvarez left and went to CDA Slammers Whittier(not sure if it is the same Strikers)

Trying to port over team names from last year to this year and need a little friendly help. For these teams in the CRL play-in do you know what team name (and maybe coach) they went by last season or if they are a new team. Thanks!

1. CDA FC Slammers HB Melendez
2. Legends FC Academy 2
3. CDA FC Slammers HB Roland
4. Strikers FC
5. Albion SC DPL Academy Kooiman

I think I have the ones below...

IE Surf West MB/SB is now San Gabriel Surf Bradbury ??
SD Force FC Academy Ocampo use to be San Diego Arsenal Ocampo ??
#1 - New coach took over the existing team. Formerly Jimenez
#3 - Played as NHB last season. Team that went to the qtr finals in state cup
#4 - If it's the same Strikers FC it may be a new team. Strikers FC Alvarez from last season is now at CDA Slammers Whittier

Agree. I will say this in all fairness- Blues doesn't have a third team at 04 so no way are they going. I would highly doubt Surf would allow their C team to go (again if so sad and Vella doesn't strike me as someone who would do that because he believes in development).
Beach should go- and honestly after what I saw last year Beach B team which is now GOUIVEA is quite good. They are deep they deserve it.
LAGSD I just can't see and no way do they have roster continuity so makes no sense.
For the record the reason why it makes me so angry is because it's a great league, and I think it's a great platform that leads to good exposure. The fact that people are wasting someone else's chance like an Ocampo pisses me off.

I know you meant well but I wouldn't call Gouivea a B team. They were Beach South Bay's top team. Beach Nunes was the B team to Arrache and was also very good. Beach should have a strong DA and DAII/CRL team.

Are you sure Legends Riverside had DA players with them this weekend? I heard Legends Academy II did, but not Legends Riverside. Heard they had picked up a couple strong girls up top and were killing it in NPL all spring. Thought that was why they performed well at play in.

Same team played in NPL and CRL. When Legends Riverside beat Galaxy SD 5-0 everyone realized they added some talented girls. No one should beat Galaxy SD 5-0, Galaxy SD actually beat the talented Natl Cup winners Arsenal 1-0 earlier in the year.

Know matter what side you come out on Legends Riverside additional players that team had some talent that was fun to watch. My DD plays on IE Surf and we pulled off the major upset. While we have some girls that can hang they were clearly the more talented team. We lost to them 3-0 the week before, we couldn't match their talent but we did match their intensity in the upset. One area that helped us is when we got pinned in by them and the wind in the first half we were able to move to ball out on the ground a few times and our defenders blocked most of their shots, when we pinned them in a few times due to the wind in the second half the balls they cleared got held up by the wind and we were able to win some 50/50 balls off goal kicks that eventually led to our goal with only a few mins left.

Anyway you look at it, the Legends Riverside team should steamroll through NPL, as they stand now they could be the best team in Sou Cal. Our girls were fortunate and proud to compete against them.

I hope they bring home the NPL crown to Sou Cal!

Six DA players playing. Nothing noble about that- actually pathetic.
I can't wait until they can pick on people their own size in September. Should be funny. I hope playing C teams gets them ready to play the big girls

Beach was great last year - both squads. I frankly would be shocked if those girls didn't get on the DA. Beach also had the nice benefit of getting some solid transfers though I also heard.
Great club great coaches just being able to have ARRACHE as a second coach is pretty amazing. I hope that you are correct and they get in.
So disgusted with what I have heard about this CRL play in. Parents would be well served to notify CRL and call those teams out.
Legends Riverside for example SHAME On YOU!! Even with all that DA help you still couldn't get it done either according to points.
What type of parents think it's ok to have the actual team sit on the bench while the DA girls play? Does the coach not understand that is an eight month season? What a great message for a coach to send to the girls!
Congratulations to Notts, ALBION, CDA Huie, LAGOC, OCAMPO for actually playing with your players and respecting the intention and play of CRL. It's a great league and shouldn't be poisoned.
I can't wait until they can pick on people their own size in September. Should be funny. I hope playing C teams gets them ready to play the big girls

Yes their are DA girls that got the invite BUT not all of them will be accepting the invite.
Just because you were invited does not automatically mean you are going.
Its a big commitment some DA kids are 2 sport athletes.

So everyone thinking you are going to see a different team later this year keep thinking that.

This team has been together for sometime and as far as kids sitting and not getting time because of DA girls most of the DA girls were already starting.

People have a little to much time on their hands the real focus needs to be on GRADES, training,development and touches.

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it wrong, I just wish people would do a little more due diligence before using such harsh words about a kids soccer team.

I heard 4 or so players from last year's team are going/are on the Legends DA squad for this year. Are these girls still playing/guesting for Legends Riverside? Is this the issue?

Reactions: tor
Same team played in NPL and CRL. When Legends Riverside beat Galaxy SD 5-0 everyone realized they added some talented girls. No one should beat Galaxy SD 5-0, Galaxy SD actually beat the talented Natl Cup winners Arsenal 1-0 earlier in the year.

Know matter what side you come out on Legends Riverside additional players that team had some talent that was fun to watch. My DD plays on IE Surf and we pulled off the major upset. While we have some girls that can hang they were clearly the more talented team. We lost to them 3-0 the week before, we couldn't match their talent but we did match their intensity in the upset. One area that helped us is when we got pinned in by them and the wind in the first half we were able to move to ball out on the ground a few times and our defenders blocked most of their shots, when we pinned them in a few times due to the wind in the second half the balls they cleared got held up by the wind and we were able to win some 50/50 balls off goal kicks that eventually led to our goal with only a few mins left.

Anyway you look at it, the Legends Riverside team should steamroll through NPL, as they stand now they could be the best team in Sou Cal. Our girls were fortunate and proud to compete against them.

I hope they bring home the NPL crown to Sou Cal!
My daughter's team(MVLA) played Legends Riverside at the Las Vegas Players Showcase in March. That squad is no joke. The best team we've played so far in 2017.

Yes their are DA girls that got the invite BUT not all of them will be accepting the invite.
Just because you were invited does not automatically mean you are going.
Its a big commitment some DA kids are 2 sport athletes.

So everyone thinking you are going to see a different team later this year keep thinking that.

This team has been together for sometime and as far as kids sitting and not getting time because of DA girls most of the DA girls were already starting.

People have a little to much time on their hands the real focus needs to be on GRADES, training,development and touches.

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it wrong, I just wish people would do a little more due diligence before using such harsh words about a kids soccer team.

So how many are staying and how many are going? I saw the game between riverside and i.e. surf and the riverside team is a beast. On a selfish note, I hope they all stay so that the next level teams after DA have something to shoot for (i.e., riverside will be one of the strongest, if not the strongest, non DA teams).

This is actually getting hysterical the level of delusion and ignorance.
Clearly never played at a high level...
Being from NoCal, and not knowing the landscape in SoCal very well, I'm genuinely curious about what is delusional and ignorant about acknowledging that a team of 12 year old girls from Riverside are a very good team. Care to elaborate? Are you also saying that our daughter's teams have never played at a high level?

Being from NoCal, and not knowing the landscape in SoCal very well, I'm genuinely curious about what is delusional and ignorant about acknowledging that a team of 12 year old girls from Riverside are a very good team. Care to elaborate? Are you also saying that our daughter's teams have never played at a high level?

Pm me you have no idea why you are talking about or what waters you are wading into

Oh and you are all right... if it's 12 year old girls playing at a B and C team CRL play in why would someone have elite players come in? Odd huh? Yeah I totally agree especially when said DA players WERE NEVER AT LEGENDS. So direct your confusion to Kuderman.
Legends is now officially Arsenal. Bravo. Maybe it was not Randy Brown after all but all these parents!

This is actually getting hysterical the level of delusion and ignorance.
Clearly never played at a high level...

I don't know if TOR is right or wrong, but TOR (not me), insunates that most of the DA ringers at CRL were actually going to be staying at Riverside. If that is in fact the case then they did nothing wrong.

You also keep referring to the CRL teams as B and C teams. Almost all teams were Gold and flight 1 teams last year. I would rate them anywhere from A's (e.g. I.E. Surf) to B+'s. And yes, I would rate Rangers as an A- type team depending on the scale.

My daughter's team(MVLA) played Legends Riverside at the Las Vegas Players Showcase in March. That squad is no joke. The best team we've played so far in 2017.

That was a great game to watch! To bad someone had to lose especially in PK's.

Back