CRL Play In

Who advances out of the G2004 Play-in:

Top team from each group (n=4) will advance due to auto-invites extended to 8 teams.

Auto-invites:
4-Semifinalists National Cup: Surf, Arsenal, Beach-Arrache, West Coast
Top 4 from CRL Last year (excluding Surf, Arsenal, Beach): Blues-Kale, LAGSD, LAGSB, RSC

This is why the bottom four teams from CRL last year (Legends, IE Surf RB, IE Surf MB/SB, and Arsenal-SD/Force) were at the play-in this weekend

Auto-invites need roster continuity of 9 players.

Should any of these auto-invited teams not participate--will back fill with teams with next highest point-total from CRL play-in

Do you think they will enforce the 9 player continuity rule. I doubt hardly any of the auto invites will have this continuity.

Who advances out of the G2004 Play-in:

Top team from each group (n=4) will advance due to auto-invites extended to 8 teams.

Auto-invites:
4-Semifinalists National Cup: Surf, Arsenal, Beach-Arrache, West Coast
Top 4 from CRL Last year (excluding Surf, Arsenal, Beach): Blues-Kale, LAGSD, LAGSB, RSC

This is why the bottom four teams from CRL last year (Legends, IE Surf RB, IE Surf MB/SB, and Arsenal-SD/Force) were at the play-in this weekend

Auto-invites need roster continuity of 9 players.

Should any of these auto-invited teams not participate--will back fill with teams with next highest point-total from CRL play-in

I thought CRL rules take the next highest points from the play-in games and not trickle down to 5-6-7th place from last years CRL. Appendix B of the CRL rules seem to state that any open spots after the auto-bids go to play-in participates.

I thought CRL rules take the next highest points from the play-in games and not trickle down to 5-6-7th place from last years CRL. Appendix B of the CRL rules seem to state that any open spots after the auto-bids go to play-in participates.
Wow, Legends Riverside is putting up big scores. They were very good last year and look much stronger this year. I thought - 3-5 girls were going to Legends DA? Are they still at Riverside temporarily? Or did they get new players. Beating some very good teams recently from last year by 5+ goals seams impressive - they heavily improved and/or some teams dropped off from last year - or combination of both?

It doesn't matter anyway there is ZERO ROSTER CONTINUITY.
Surf- DA
WCFC- DA and Flip is ECNL
BEACH- DA - I actually think they have the highest potential of some sort of roster continuity because they had the strongest second team I have seen
BLUES- completely gutted DIDO and Kale team and Kale will be ECNL anyway
LAGSD 90 percent of that CRL team went to DA. Have a real hard time believing their B team has nine former players from last year

Wow, Legends Riverside is putting up big scores. They were very good last year and look much stronger this year. I thought - 3-5 girls were going to Legends DA? Are they still at Riverside temporarily? Or did they get new players. Beating some very good teams recently from last year by 5+ goals seams impressive - they heavily improved and/or some teams dropped off from last year - or combination of both?

I have heard around the water cooler that Slammers and Legends are hands down the best 04 DA and rosters. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing but just seeing these numbers in CRL shows a different Legends for sure.

That's difficult if
I have heard around the water cooler that Slammers and Legends are hands down the best 04 DA and rosters. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing but just seeing these numbers in CRL shows a different Legends for sure.
help me out, I know I'm new at this. Are Academy teams allowed to play CRL? If not, why were teams like Legends Riverside and Albion involved in the play-in? Also, if open spots don't trickle down to 5-6-7th from last years CRL, why didn't those teams enter the play-in?

No DA in CRL
No ECNL in CRL
you are basically playing low level B teams and C teams
I have not seen Legends roster so I don't know who played at their play in. Ringers were not supposed to be playing- but their numbers do not add up for me as that team NEVER produced like that last year.
Albion DPL is a low level B team and the other was there C . So much dilution on these teams .

No DA in CRL
No ECNL in CRL
I have not seen Legends roster so I don't know who played at their play in. Ringers were not supposed to be playing- but their numbers do not add up for me as that team NEVER produced like that last year.
Albion DPL is a low level B team and the other was there C . So much dilution on these teams .
Wow, so CRL is not what some people think it is, seems it a B & C team league? Do you think second place teams from the play-in will get in? Thanks for the reply

CRL was fantastic last year- they do a great job and I would say it was the highlight of our season. It's a great league and worth it so don't get me wrong.
I am saying that the quality is not there like it was. That's not to say that there aren't some great teams because for example Real SOCAL SCV is one of my favorites to watch always scrappy and I hope they get it! However you lose all the top girls at 04 to DA plain and simple. Then you have the ECNL girls going to be their teams that aren't allowed to do CRL.
That leaves you with non ECNL clubs hopefully fielding a strong B team. The ONLY one I saw last year that was even remotely near a A team was Blues Kale - now ECNL so not playing CRL and Beach .

Wow, so CRL is not what some people think it is, seems it a B & C team league? Do you think second place teams from the play-in will get in? Thanks for the reply

I don't believe so. If so that's even worse than I thought.
They have people already auto invited. I know there is no roster continuity but who knows

I don't believe so. If so that's even worse than I thought.
They have people already auto invited. I know there is no roster continuity but who knows
That's a bit of a shame, two Legends teams won't be in there because they took 2nd in the A & B brackets and seemed to be good teams.

I don't know so don't quote me- I am very confused by all of this stuff this year because I believe all should have had to play in based on what I know
They should have handled it like Birth Year and made everyone prove themselves

No DA in CRL
No ECNL in CRL

Not sure where you are getting your info. Rangers always planned on playing in for CRL and made it to the final 16 in National Cup. Team had lots of change last year due to the age change, but have grown tremendously under CR over the last year.

Rangers was never in the mix last year- stop it and quit taking everything so personal.
Name any other intact team in Crl- dying to hear!

Rangers was never in the mix last year- stop it and quit taking everything so personal.

I.E. Surf RB---very solid team. Just beat Legends-Riverside at CRL-Playin and if I am not mistaken they did beat LAGSD in CRL last year.

Not taking it personally, just saying you have misinformation. You said the Rangers weren't supposed to be playing, which in inaccurate. I didn't say the team was in the top 10 or anything, but they performed decently last year and have continued to improve. So it shouldn't be such a big shock that they were able to advance in CRL which you seem to think is now only made up of B&C teams.

Oh and Legends Riverside, I.E. Surf and Rangers seem to be pretty intact. Not sure about the others. Heard the old Beach Arrache team would probably be able to meet continuity rules also.

I said RINGERS not RANGERS.
I said Ringers - that means someone who shouldn't be playing on the team because they are playing DA.
I didn't think it was going to happen but apparently some jerk off teams had like 4-6 DA PEOPLE.
Lame lame lame !
It's like when the ECNL girls came down in State Cup Peesidents ! lame!!!!
So congratulations you lame parents for further ruining soccer by bringing your DA girls down to CRL so that those teams could play in rather than allowing fair play among these squads.
Whose more pathetic the parents who allowed their daughters to do this or Cal south who completely missed the boat on the rosters?
I swear someone should seriously disqualify teams in CRL come Aug 1 when it gets exposed what you did to win

Back