CRL Play In

Oh and Legends Riverside, I.E. Surf and Rangers seem to be pretty intact. Not sure about the others. Heard the old Beach Arrache team would probably be able to meet continuity rules also.

Beach ARRACHE was the top Beach team last year. They are mostly DA.

I said RINGERS not RANGERS.
I said Ringers - that means someone who shouldn't be playing on the team because they are playing DA.
I didn't think it was going to happen but apparently some jerk off teams had like 4-6 DA PEOPLE.
Lame lame lame !
It's like when the ECNL girls came down in State Cup Peesidents ! lame!!!!
So congratulations you lame parents for further ruining soccer by bringing your DA girls down to CRL so that those teams could play in rather than allowing fair play among these squads.
Whose more pathetic the parents who allowed their daughters to do this or Cal south who completely missed the boat on the rosters?
I swear someone should seriously disqualify teams in CRL come Aug 1 when it gets exposed what you did to win
The answer is...the parents are more pathetic. Cal South is simply inept, and don't have anyone with enough integrity.

Sorry, thought it was a typo. Heard Beach Arrache only had 5 players go DA, so most of their team was still intact. Not completely sure but that was what I heard.

Beach was great last year - both squads. I frankly would be shocked if those girls didn't get on the DA. Beach also had the nice benefit of getting some solid transfers though I also heard.
Great club great coaches just being able to have ARRACHE as a second coach is pretty amazing. I hope that you are correct and they get in.
So disgusted with what I have heard about this CRL play in. Parents would be well served to notify CRL and call those teams out.
Legends Riverside for example SHAME On YOU!! Even with all that DA help you still couldn't get it done either according to points.
What type of parents think it's ok to have the actual team sit on the bench while the DA girls play? Does the coach not understand that is an eight month season? What a great message for a coach to send to the girls!
Congratulations to Notts, ALBION, CDA Huie, LAGOC, OCAMPO for actually playing with your players and respecting the intention and play of CRL. It's a great league and shouldn't be poisoned.

Beach was great last year - both squads. I frankly would be shocked if those girls didn't get on the DA. Beach also had the nice benefit of getting some solid transfers though I also heard.
Great club great coaches just being able to have ARRACHE as a second coach is pretty amazing. I hope that you are correct and they get in.
So disgusted with what I have heard about this CRL play in. Parents would be well served to notify CRL and call those teams out.
Legends Riverside for example SHAME On YOU!! Even with all that DA help you still couldn't get it done either according to points.
What type of parents think it's ok to have the actual team sit on the bench while the DA girls play? Does the coach not understand that is an eight month season? What a great message for a coach to send to the girls!
Congratulations to Notts, ALBION, CDA Huie, LAGOC, OCAMPO for actually playing with your players and respecting the intention and play of CRL. It's a great league and shouldn't be poisoned.
I agree. Sounds like a Randy Brown mentality to stack your teams with guest players not officially on the roster. I'm sure we'll get the same answer from Legends Riv that I got from RB which is "CRL allowed it so don't blame me".

I am sure I would get the same reply as well. This is why I focus on my player and coach and that's it. This just actually upset me because again some good people get hurt by crazy soccer parents and for what? Now some girls who never got to play CRL won't and teams who used guests who won't even be able to play a season get to play? Really cal south? Because you could not verify a roster??
Sorry for my rant but I think Legends took this way too far this time. I have said nothing but kind things about that organization but this is a black eye

I am sure I would get the same reply as well. This is why I focus on my player and coach and that's it. This just actually upset me because again some good people get hurt by crazy soccer parents and for what? Now some girls who never got to play CRL won't and teams who used guests who won't even be able to play a season get to play? Really cal south? Because you could not verify a roster??
Sorry for my rant but I think Legends took this way too far this time. I have said nothing but kind things about that organization but this is a black eye
Do you hold the same animus for clubs with auto-invites that will send their 3rd team or their DAII team because of the performance of the "A" team in CRL/Presidents cup last year? Isn't this the same thing--they used their DA girls to earn a spot for a team that has none of their DA girls on it?

Do you hold the same animus for clubs with auto-invites that will send their 3rd team or their DAII team because of the performance of the "A" team in CRL/Presidents cup last year? Isn't this the same thing--they used their DA girls to earn a spot for a team that has none of their DA girls on it?

If you read my posts you would know I thought they all should have played in.
And no- it's not the same thing. The clubs didn't decide who got the auto invite CRL did.
Legends decided to take 5-6 DA players some of who aren't even rostered at their club yet Put them on a play in Team.
The auto invites didn't show up with a team that was composed of future DA players pretending to be a part of the roster. Sorry we aren't arguing about that on a Monday. I don't argue about common sense scumbag stuff.
So funny too because again as I stated in several posts back those Legends numbers didn't make sense. Now they do.

And since I am throwing shade at least now I know Legends ain't all its cracked up to be. Couldn't even get it done against B and C teams. Congrats IE Surf on an ethical bracket win.
CRL is a great venue and league. I hope all the teams participating enjoy it.
I hope those of you who used ringers get your butts handed to you week in and week out. Driving to Norco for beatings isn't fun especially once Febs hits so your coach didn't think that one through...

If you read my posts you would know I thought they all should have played in.
And no- it's not the same thing. The clubs didn't decide who got the auto invite CRL did.
Legends decided to take 5-6 DA players some of who aren't even rostered at their club yet Put them on a play in Team.
The auto invites didn't show up with a team that was composed of future DA players pretending to be a part of the roster. Sorry we aren't arguing about that on a Monday. I don't argue about common sense scumbag stuff.
So funny too because again as I stated in several posts back those Legends numbers didn't make sense. Now they do.

CRL extended the invite it was up the Clubs to say yes or no.

@Striker17 , just a quick point of clarity...Coach Arrache is the '04 DA Coach, Coach Gouveia is the DAII Coach who will be playing in CRL. The auto bid was based on having enough CRL rostered players returning.

Only 7 girls from last year's Arrache team are on his DA team.

Last edited:
Cal South wants you $ after that they don't care much about fairness. Play without expections, no complaints about the rules, venues, competitors, or anything else is there motto.

They set themselves up to clubs and coaches that game the system from playing down, to lack of real indenity verfication (don't even require original birth cert) to not even caring about roster continuity, to changing the posted rules & criteria when ever they see fit, to commissioners who make behind the closed door deals without votes. There are not non profit (10m+ company) in reality and don't even post the CS meetings minutes anymore a clear violation. No transparency , just take your money & run...

And we don't know who said no yet- I know of three who did for sure by the way.
So don't judge them yet.
Judge the pathetic group who did what they did this weekend

We both agree what a certain team did this weekend that as you pointed out was both sad (using DA girls) and hilarious (not winning group with said girls).

However, we both know that their are plenty of other clubs that would look for a way to get around the continuity rule to get one their other teams into CRL.

We will have a pretty good idea who those teams are when CRL releases the schedule.

We both agree what a certain team did this weekend that as you pointed outwas both sad (using DA girls) and hilarious (not winning grouo with said girls).

However, we both know that their are plenty of other clubs that would look for a way to get around the continuity rule to get one their other teams into CRL.

We will have a pretty good idea who those teams are when CRL releases the schedule.

Agree. I will say this in all fairness- Blues doesn't have a third team at 04 so no way are they going. I would highly doubt Surf would allow their C team to go (again if so sad and Vella doesn't strike me as someone who would do that because he believes in development).
Beach should go- and honestly after what I saw last year Beach B team which is now GOUIVEA is quite good. They are deep they deserve it.
LAGSD I just can't see and no way do they have roster continuity so makes no sense.
For the record the reason why it makes me so angry is because it's a great league, and I think it's a great platform that leads to good exposure. The fact that people are wasting someone else's chance like an Ocampo pisses me off.

@Striker17 , just a quick point of clarity...Coach Arrache is the '04 DA Coach, Coach Gouveia is the DAII Coach who will be playing in CRL. The auto bid was based on having enough CRL rostered players returning.

Only 7 girls from last year's Arrache team are on his DA team.

@Kicker4Life oh that's comforting that only seven super stars from his old team made the DA. That isn't scary or anything to a cross town rival. Uh oh my god...

Are you sure Legends Riverside had DA players with them this weekend? I heard Legends Academy II did, but not Legends Riverside. Heard they had picked up a couple strong girls up top and were killing it in NPL all spring. Thought that was why they performed well at play in.

Why do we even need CRL? Isn't league play, showcase, tournaments and State Cup enough?
Why not just reach out to the team that you deem to be a challenge for your team and set up a friendly at a field, date and time that both teams can agree on?
Seems that Cal-South isn't adapting to the new landscape of DA and ECNL appropriately.

Per Cal South, roster continuity applies to any 9 girls who were registered to the club last year. They don't have to be on the team that won Nat'l Cup or CRL. That is how those DA clubs are getting auto bids for their 2nd or 3rd teams. Of course none of this is publicly disclosed.

Back