CRL Play In

This is actually getting hysterical the level of delusion and ignorance.
Clearly never played at a high level...

I hear you man you must of had a breakfast buffet of delusion and ignorance.

You are using very harsh words as I said in my previous thread.

4 original Riverside girls got the invite, their are 2 DA girls that have had great relationship with us for years and have played with us in the past.

Riverside legends 04 dominated their scdsl division last year

Do your homework before spouting off inconsistencies.

Oh and you are all right... if it's 12 year old girls playing at a B and C team CRL play in why would someone have elite players come in? Odd huh? Yeah I totally agree especially when said DA players WERE NEVER AT LEGENDS. So direct your confusion to Kuderman.
Legends is now officially Arsenal. Bravo. Maybe it was not Randy Brown after all but all these parents!

Do your homework work ,4 of the six girls have been with Riverside for a while.
I have never bought to this forum type of stuff but when a friend told me about what was being said I had to clear a few things up.

Road Call Riverside 04 Legends (5 years )

It seems people have so much negative to say and will hide behind a screen name to verbally bash Coachs and kids.
I have read some stuff on here that I don't agree with but at least those statements had some validity, you sir are vomiting.

Lmao @ Striker17

It seems people have so much negative to say and will hide behind a screen name to verbally bash Coachs and kids.
I have read some stuff on here that I don't agree with but at least those statements had some validity, you sir are vomiting.

Lmao @ Striker17

Tor--reading through your posts I am still not sure what the conclusion is here regarding the players on Legends-Riverside. As you have seen people on these boards can get very worked up when it comes to sandbagging or using ineligible/borrowed players (go read the whole Anaheim-Surf thread in the G2006 if you have a couple free days!).

Some people are just grasping for straws and use this as an excuse why their DD's team lost to a particular team ("they wouldn't have beat us if they didn't borrow player X from Club Y) but there are people who also have a legit complaint because these types of things do happen.

Just so there is no confusion going forward by anyone here--how many girls that played with Legends-Riverside last weekend will no longer be part of that team this fall?

Tor--reading through your posts I am still not sure what the conclusion is here regarding the players on Legends-Riverside. As you have seen people on these boards can get very worked up when it comes to sandbagging or using ineligible/borrowed players (go read the whole Anaheim-Surf thread in the G2006 if you have a couple free days!).

Some people are just grasping for straws and use this as an excuse why their DD's team lost to a particular team ("they wouldn't have beat us if they didn't borrow player X from Club Y) but there are people who also have a legit complaint because these types of things do happen.

Just so there is no confusion going forward by anyone here--how many girls that played with Legends-Riverside last weekend will no longer be part of that team this fall?

That was a great game to watch! To bad someone had to lose especially in PK's.
Yeah, It was an awesome game. My daughter's team has played just about every top team in SoCal and NorCal in the past year, and I'd put that version of Legends Riverside that we played in Las Vegas up against any of them. They were a tough team to beat.

Here's an almost complete video of that game, in case anyone is interested. The video misses the first 10-15 minutes of the game, so it missed the first goal, but catches the rest of the game.

Ok, here's my take on this back n forth bashing. If these 3 players were originally playing for Legends East, then I have no issues. If, however, these 3 players were brought on specifically to sand bag CRL play in, then I have an issue. Should be clear cut on what "sand bagging" is here if that, in fact, is what is happening.

If they aren't going to be on the roster come Aug, you have to question the intentions of using them in the first place. That goes for ANY team!

I also know of a few other clubs trying to roster DA players from other Clubs to "help qualify".

Let the dead horse be and let's find another topic. Nothing is going to change what is done.

And they lost anyway lol! Praises!
Just spare me all the talk about what a great squad it is- find your own ringers and then come and boast.

Per Cal South, roster continuity applies to any 9 girls who were registered to the club last year. They don't have to be on the team that won Nat'l Cup or CRL. That is how those DA clubs are getting auto bids for their 2nd or 3rd teams. Of course none of this is publicly disclosed.
Just to clarify - according to the CRL rules (2.10), roster continuity applies to the TEAM not the CLUB. For example: for Beach A/G to accept their auto bid, 9 girls that were rostered to Beach Arrache MUST still be on the roster for the 2017-18 year. It is not good enough to just be at the club - they had to actually be on the team that played in CRL last year. From what I understand, Beach has that since DA only took 7 of their players. The issue is - do the other teams have that?

What many are curious (worried/upset) about: Will CRL enforce this roster continuity or will teams like Beach be allowed to hand over their auto bid to Gouveia even though there isn't roster continuity? For those of us that had to play in - we'd call 'foul' on this. If Gouveia doesn't have 9 of Arrache's girls on the roster for 2017-18, then Gouveia should have been at the play in with the rest of us trying to win a spot.

Again - I only use this as an example - from what I understand Beach DOES have roster continuity - but I don't think all teams will and other teams may try to get around the CRL rules.

As for teams that finished 5-6-7th at CRL and were given auto bids - per CRL rules, they should have been at the play in to actually WIN their spot. If those are the rules, enforce them and play by them. Why make rules if you can't be bothered to follow them?

We can speculate about Legends Riverside - if 4 players from last year's team made the DA team but still came out to CRL play in even though they won't be on next year's team roster come Aug. 1, then that seems a bit off to me, but my guess is that CRL must allow for this if that is what they did. We didn't play them and I didn't watch them play so I have no idea how they look. I can only see by the scores that they are getting it done.

Just to clarify - according to the CRL rules (2.10), roster continuity applies to the TEAM not the CLUB. For example: for Beach A/G to accept their auto bid, 9 girls that were rostered to Beach Arrache MUST still be on the roster for the 2017-18 year. It is not good enough to just be at the club - they had to actually be on the team that played in CRL last year. From what I understand, Beach has that since DA only took 7 of their players. The issue is - do the other teams have that?

What many are curious (worried/upset) about: Will CRL enforce this roster continuity or will teams like Beach be allowed to hand over their auto bid to Gouveia even though there isn't roster continuity? For those of us that had to play in - we'd call 'foul' on this. If Gouveia doesn't have 9 of Arrache's girls on the roster for 2017-18, then Gouveia should have been at the play in with the rest of us trying to win a spot.

Again - I only use this as an example - from what I understand Beach DOES have roster continuity - but I don't think all teams will and other teams may try to get around the CRL rules.

As for teams that finished 5-6-7th at CRL and were given auto bids - per CRL rules, they should have been at the play in to actually WIN their spot. If those are the rules, enforce them and play by them. Why make rules if you can't be bothered to follow them?

We can speculate about Legends Riverside - if 4 players from last year's team made the DA team but still came out to CRL play in even though they won't be on next year's team roster come Aug. 1, then that seems a bit off to me, but my guess is that CRL must allow for this if that is what they did. We didn't play them and I didn't watch them play so I have no idea how they look. I can only see by the scores that they are getting it done.
The balance of Arrache's team that didn't go DA is on the Gouveia DAII team plus a 2 girls from Gouveia's team that played CRL with Arrache. Thus they have the continuity under CRL's modified rule for this season.

Yeah, It was an awesome game. My daughter's team has played just about every top team in SoCal and NorCal in the past year, and I'd put that version of Legends Riverside that we played in Las Vegas up against any of them. They were a tough team to beat.

Here's an almost complete video of that game, in case anyone is interested. The video misses the first 10-15 minutes of the game, so it missed the first goal, but catches the rest of the game.

It's my 2nd time seeing this MVLA team play and they look even better than the first time I saw them last summer. Your footage restored my faith that good soccer is still being taught to young girls somewhere. Thanks for posting.

At a minimum, the Legends of Riverside saga appears to be an issue of priorities. Congratulations to the IE Surf Bowling players & coaches for making the necessary adjustments and winning the group. Being able to POTB on the ground has its advantages.

@davin post the surf vs mvla showcase game again! One of my favorites..
Deanza and Mvla always the gold standard for possession based soccer. The surf game with Mvla was beautiful

I watched Legends Riverside play last season (including National Cup few months ago) - a very solid team - not a dominate team. However, Legends has a history of using other Legends players from other regions to bolster there team for tournaments - heck many of larger clubs do this. The question is did Legends Riverside use other Legends region players and guests. Just hearing "3" current players are moving on to DA - probably already practicing with the DA club - this is I believe allowed through the rules but ethical... The question "did Legends Riverside use other Legends region players and guests" should be answered. If clear on this - then great job and what an improvement from 2 months ago.

It's my 2nd time seeing this MVLA team play and they look even better than the first time I saw them last summer. Your footage restored my faith that good soccer is still being taught to young girls somewhere. Thanks for posting.

At a minimum, the Legends of Riverside saga appears to be an issue of priorities. Congratulations to the IE Surf Bowling players & coaches for making the necessary adjustments and winning the group. Being able to POTB on the ground has its advantages.
Thank you! We feel that we're in the right place, with the coach/club that has the right teaching philosophy and style for our girls. It's always fun when our team gets to test itself against the best teams in SoCal. It's a shame though that we won't be able to play many of the best SoCal teams in the future since our club chose not to become part of the DA.

Back