CRL Play In

Legends FC Academy 2 Coached by John King (It's there DA II team this year) was Legends FC 04- Wendi Whitman last year.

Legends FC Academy 2 Coached by John King (It's there DA II team this year) was Legends FC 04- Wendi Whitman last year.

Thanks. If that is their DA II team this year then what team became their DA 1 team? Besides the Legends East Riverside team, that was the top ranked Legends team last season.

DA1 Legends team will be all new players, word is 0 players from Wendi's 04 team last season made the new squad. Several, 4-6, of the girls that made the DA1 team are playing with Riverside in SCNPL and were out at CRL today.

DA is essentially going to throw of your rankings in terms of carry over "Tango". You'll find the DA1 teams at some clubs are new all stars squads. The Legends DA1 team is picking up 7 of Arsenals 04s, several of which played up on 03 ECNL team. They also picked up some talent from Blues.

DA1 Legends team will be all new players, word is 0 players from Wendi's 04 team last season made the new squad. Several, 4-6, of the girls that made the DA1 team are playing with Riverside in SCNPL and were out at CRL today.

DA is essentially going to throw of your rankings in terms of carry over "Tango". You'll find the DA1 teams at some clubs are new all stars squads. The Legends DA1 team is picking up 7 of Arsenals 04s, several of which played up on 03 ECNL team. They also picked up some talent from Blues.

Where is @Kongzilla when you need him?!
Heard the same around the water cooler. Slammers and Legends are LOADED with transfers from Surf and Blues. The rosters are nothing short of "oh my gawd..."

Where is @Kongzilla when you need him?!
Heard the same around the water cooler. Slammers and Legends are LOADED with transfers from Surf and Blues. The rosters are nothing short of "oh my gawd..."
3/4 of Slammers is CDA Cerritos, Legends is Arsenal ENCL and 1 2005 Blues player - how were does this fit into transfers from Surf and Blues?

3/4 of Slammers is CDA Cerritos, Legends is Arsenal ENCL and 1 2005 Blues player - how were does this fit into transfers from Surf and Blues?

We will just have you wait for the big unveiling August 1. By that time one more will be added.
Slammers one to beat followed by Legends.
If Slammers is 3/4 Cerritos I shudder to think what their roster is because I know many talented transfers in- and not little talent impactful game changers. Everyone wants to develop with the Khoury brothers eventually

We will just have you wait for the big unveiling August 1. By that time one more will be added.
Slammers one to beat followed by Legends.
If Slammers is 3/4 Cerritos I shudder to think what their roster is because I know many talented transfers in- and not little talent impactful game changers. Everyone wants to develop with the Khoury brothers eventually
Slammers will definitely be the team to watch, they always been able to get it done with the olders.

Legends will have the roster but what will their coach be able to do with it?

IE Surf

5-2 over Albion "B or C"
1-0 over Legends Riverside
3-2 over CDA Slammers Orange
1-1 draw SDSC

Not sure who qualifies as Cal South was all over the place with the auto invites, but our girls did their thing this weekend to earn a spot, see if it sticks...

Scorer's tent this weekend said top two go thru as qualifiers but I keep hearing one. We've got one more game to get it done and we control our destiny. Hopefully the wind stays away (crazy game for us on Saturday) and the girls play well. We shall see. If 4 have auto invites, I'd love to know who they would be. Still can't figure out what teams would qualify with roster continuity.

Scorer's tent this weekend said top two go thru as qualifiers but I keep hearing one. We've got one more game to get it done and we control our destiny. Hopefully the wind stays away (crazy game for us on Saturday) and the girls play well. We shall see. If 4 have auto invites, I'd love to know who they would be. Still can't figure out what teams would qualify with roster continuity.
I was out at Silverlakes, and my initial inclination was to ask why we didn't see more DA2 teams and slowly word got around that a few DA2 teams got the auto invites...Galaxy SB, Beach, Galaxy SD perhaps? Who else? 2 teams from each group would make sense with the 5 teams per group format but nonetheless it was good to get reports from Ventura how our girls performed and controlled their own destiny. Best of luck Bucky to the girls!

I was out at Silverlakes, and my initial inclination was to ask why we didn't see more DA2 teams and slowly word got around that a few DA2 teams got the auto invites...Galaxy SB, Beach, Galaxy SD perhaps? Who else? 2 teams from each group would make sense with the 5 teams per group format but nonetheless it was good to get reports from Ventura how our girls performed and controlled their own destiny. Best of luck Bucky to the girls!

Galaxy SB is an interesting auto invite as on the scrimmage boards they are touting themselves as low flight 1.

I guess clubs with DA and ECNL would be off the board (Surf and Blues) so even though both have excellent 'b' teams, there won't take a bid due to ECNL and roster continuity. Real So Cal had a second team so maybe them? Galaxy SB and Beach I can see if they are returning 9 but I didn't even know that Galaxy SD had a good second team - I alway got the impression there was a gap between teams there - but I'm only guessing. I'd vote Arsenal as an auto bid team - who knows what they actually rostered in SCDSL. Since I have no idea how you duel roster ECNL and SCDSL, my guess is they have managed some form of 9 girls. My only other guess would be that West Coast has 9 coming back and took their bid spot. LAGSB, Beach, Arsenal and West Coast would give you 4 and then they will take 8 from play in. If they are only taking 4 from play in, all bets are off. I'd be out of ideas. :)

Who advances out of the G2004 Play-in:

Top team from each group (n=4) will advance due to auto-invites extended to 8 teams.

Auto-invites:
4-Semifinalists National Cup: Surf, Arsenal, Beach-Arrache, West Coast
Top 4 from CRL Last year (excluding Surf, Arsenal, Beach): Blues-Kale, LAGSD, LAGSB, RSC

This is why the bottom four teams from CRL last year (Legends, IE Surf RB, IE Surf MB/SB, and Arsenal-SD/Force) were at the play-in this weekend

Auto-invites need roster continuity of 9 players.

Should any of these auto-invited teams not participate--will back fill with teams with next highest point-total from CRL play-in

Top team from each group (n=4) will advance due to auto-invites extended to 8 teams.

Auto-invites:
Top 4 from CRL Last year (excluding Surf, Arsenal, Beach): Blues-Kale, LAGSD, LAGSB, RSC

This is why the bottom four teams from CRL last year (Legends, IE Surf RB, IE Surf MB/SB, and Arsenal-SD/Force) were at the play-in this weekend

Should any of these auto-invited teams not participate--will back fill with teams with next highest point-total from CRL play-in

Good, didn't want to play CRL anyways.

I was just looking at the CRL webpage and noticed a section titled "Rejected Team". Does anyone have any insight on why a team would be rejected from the play-in tournament?

Auto-invites:

A bit unorganized nonetheless, last season was straight forward after the age group shift, everyone earns it because the team make up is so different from year to year. DA on the horizon, even more so now.

Back