CRL Play In

Chose not to become part of DA? Do you know why? Are there other clubs that have chosen to do the same?
In NorCal, all of the ECNL clubs declined DA and chose to stick with ECNL. DeAnza and Mustang were initally in, but both backed out. MVLA, San Juan, Santa Rosa, and Rage never were in. Davis Legacy SC, a very good non-ECNL club, was another club that was initially in for the DA, backed out of the DA after they were accepted in ECNL. DeAnza seems to have been also kicked out of ECNL even though they haven't officially announced it, after ECNL caught them trying to straddle the fence and trying to keep a foot in the door of the DA with their affiliation with a brand new club created just for the DA. You will not find DeAnza in either the DA or ECNL maps, so it seems that this rumor that they are out of both might be true.
I personally don't know of the reasons why these clubs decided that ECNL was the way to go and balked at the DA, but I've heard many different things such as cost, 4 practice days/week, restrictions for HS sports, teams that span 2 birth years, restrictive substitution rules among the things that made the clubs wonder if there was really any upside to jump from a known successful platform to an unknown platform that would be very restrictive. I don't know if any of that is true, but that's the word spreading among many families that I've talked to.
The DA teams in NorCal consists of 2 brand new clubs that were just created for the DA, and a couple of smaller clubs that have had mixed levels of success over the years. DeAnza's technical director, Deza, who was responsible for much of DeAnza's posession style of play left for one of the DA clubs(Earthquakes) in the middle of the spring season, leaving DeAnza a total mess. Their 04 team didn't finish out the season and forfeited the rest of their games. Deza coached the 04 Pre-ECNL team and I think 2 ECNL teams. It looks like many of his players, but not all, are following him to the Earthquakes, so they will probably be the strongest of the DA clubs in NorCal.

My daughter's team(MVLA) played Legends Riverside at the Las Vegas Players Showcase in March. That squad is no joke. The best team we've played so far in 2017.

MVLA team that won Surf Cup last year? Beautiful soccer your team plays. How did your game go with Legends Riverside?

In NorCal, all of the ECNL clubs declined DA and chose to stick with ECNL. DeAnza and Mustang were initally in, but both backed out. MVLA, San Juan, Santa Rosa, and Rage never were in. Davis Legacy SC, a very good non-ECNL club, was another club that was initially in for the DA, backed out of the DA after they were accepted in ECNL. DeAnza seems to have been also kicked out of ECNL even though they haven't officially announced it, after ECNL caught them trying to straddle the fence and trying to keep a foot in the door of the DA with their affiliation with a brand new club created just for the DA. You will not find DeAnza in either the DA or ECNL maps, so it seems that this rumor that they are out of both might be true.
I personally don't know of the reasons why these clubs decided that ECNL was the way to go and balked at the DA, but I've heard many different things such as cost, 4 practice days/week, restrictions for HS sports, teams that span 2 birth years, restrictive substitution rules among the things that made the clubs wonder if there was really any upside to jump from a known successful platform to an unknown platform that would be very restrictive. I don't know if any of that is true, but that's the word spreading among many families that I've talked to.
The DA teams in NorCal consists of 2 brand new clubs that were just created for the DA, and a couple of smaller clubs that have had mixed levels of success over the years. DeAnza's technical director, Deza, who was responsible for much of DeAnza's posession style of play left for one of the DA clubs(Earthquakes) in the middle of the spring season, leaving DeAnza a total mess. Their 04 team didn't finish out the season and forfeited the rest of their games. Deza coached the 04 Pre-ECNL team and I think 2 ECNL teams. It looks like many of his players, but not all, are following him to the Earthquakes, so they will probably be the strongest of the DA clubs in NorCal.

Did the Nor Cal clubs get together and collectively decide to skip DA this year? Do the Nor Cal clubs typically "get along" and look out for the greater good?
Seems that in So Cal every club has had some sort of beef with another club and is not interested in making decisions together.

MVLA team that won Surf Cup last year? Beautiful soccer your team plays. How did your game go with Legends Riverside?
Thank You! Yes, the same MVLA team that won Surf.
The game was 3-3 at the end of regulation and MVLA won on penalty kicks. MVLA had most of the posession, but Legends was dangerous on the counter attack. They had one great striker who scored 2 goals on the counter. That girl is a beast(in a good way). What I liked about their team is that even though MVLA controlled most of the action with their possession game and Riverside got behind twice 1-0 and 3-1, Riverside never panicked and always battled back. A lot of times, when we're up like that and making teams chase, the other teams start panicking and playing kickball. Riverside never did that, they played calmly and made purposeful passes even when they were down on the score and under a lot of pressure. We were very impressed with their team.

Did the Nor Cal clubs get together and collectively decide to skip DA this year? Do the Nor Cal clubs typically "get along" and look out for the greater good?
Seems that in So Cal every club has had some sort of beef with another club and is not interested in making decisions together.
The way I read it, but I could be wrong, ECNL made the clubs in NorCal decide between DA and ECNL. We don't have clubs as successful as Surf or SoCal Blues, so ECNL was unwilling to let any of the NorCal do both. The clubs decided at different points that joining the DA with all those restrictions was too risky and too much of an unkown if that mean losing their ECNL affiliation, which they were all happy with.
Some clubs have beef with other, but I don't think it's as bad here as it is in SoCal. The only club that is generally disliked is DeAnza.

Thank You! Yes, the same MVLA team that won Surf.
The game was 3-3 at the end of regulation and MVLA won on penalty kicks. MVLA had most of the posession, but Legends was dangerous on the counter attack. They had one great striker who scored 2 goals on the counter. That girl is a beast(in a good way). What I liked about their team is that even though MVLA controlled most of the action with their possession game and Riverside got behind twice 1-0 and 3-1, Riverside never panicked and always battled back. A lot of times, when we're up like that and making teams chase, the other teams start panicking and playing kickball. Riverside never did that, they played calmly and made purposeful passes even when they were down on the score and under a lot of pressure. We were very impressed with their team.

They are not a kick ball team. They have young ladies that understand the game know how to hold the ball move off the ball and are a fun team to watch with their talent regardless of how many additional girls were added after league. I was happy my dd got to compete against some of the best girls in sou cal, which means some of the best girls in the nation. Again I hope they dominate NPL in Indiana. Good luck Legends Riverside.

For those in question the Legends DA2 team seemed to play with there natural team, they did not load up as some suggested and only came up one goal short from advancing to CRL.

CRL is not what it was last year however it has teams that will beat DA teams...not the top DA teams like Legends Slammers Surf etc but just like when they had ECNL Legends, Beach SD Galaxy could beat ECNL teams and Legends could beat the top ECNL teams.

If it is true that De Anza and MVLA passed you have to wonder what other top regions teams did. Obviously the top notch clubs in Sou Cal were accepted and a few others.

The way I read it, but I could be wrong, ECNL made the clubs in NorCal decide between DA and ECNL. We don't have clubs as successful as Surf or SoCal Blues, so ECNL was unwilling to let any of the NorCal do both. The clubs decided at different points that joining the DA with all those restrictions was too risky and too much of an unkown if that mean losing their ECNL affiliation, which they were all happy with.
Some clubs have beef with other, but I don't think it's as bad here as it is in SoCal. The only club that is generally disliked is DeAnza.

I am so confused as to why ECNL would make clubs choose? I suppose in SoCal that was the case with Eagles And Real SoCal? So US Soccer allowed them to have both, but ECNL made them choose? Jeez.

IMG_1075.PNG
I hear you man you must of had a breakfast buffet of delusion and ignorance.

You are using very harsh words as I said in my previous thread.

4 original Riverside girls got the invite, their are 2 DA girls that have had great relationship with us for years and have played with us in the past.

Riverside legends 04 dominated their scdsl division last year

Do your homework before spouting off inconsistencies.
Dominated ?

Remember in league they didn't have their three guests from outside the club lol :)
Soccer karma worked its magic and they lost so we are all good.
I am now more interested in the fact that Deza is at earthquakes. Man city just got a bit more interesting. Deza outplays everyone.
LAGSD tied MVLA (1-1) this year and beat Deza (2-1). Both were with our full squad. Both were great teams that played excellent soccer.

Six DA players playing. Nothing noble about that- actually pathetic.
I can't wait until they can pick on people their own size in September. Should be funny. I hope playing C teams gets them ready to play the big girls

Legends Riverside beat Galaxy SD 5-0 and IE Surf 3-0 how are they beating only C teams? Lets remember Galaxy SD beat Arsenal, hardly a B team lol. IE Surf may not be at Academy level but they can compete with anyone and can pull an upset or two, Legends Riverside and SD Galaxy (though 1-3) are two examples and also beat Rangers two of three times. You are talking non-sense.

Legends Riverside beat Galaxy SD 5-0 and IE Surf 3-0 how are they beating only C teams? Lets remember Galaxy SD beat Arsenal, hardly a B team lol. IE Surf may not be at Academy level but they can compete with anyone and can pull an upset or two, Legends Riverside and SD Galaxy (though 1-3) are two examples and also beat Rangers two of three times. You are talking non-sense.
This post is getting tired...we all agree Legends Riverside is a good team. But if you guest/add 3+ DA quality talent to any of the top 10-12 teams after National Cup - all these teams would have similar results. Surf, West Coast, Strikers and more all lost to Arsenal by a goal in National Cup - all clubs in the same ball park.....It is what it is when guesting for good teams -they play better. Remember 2 years ago Legends FC guested 3-4 Blues players and won Manchester Cup same issue - guesting really never shows the actual talent of a team. Not condemning as many big clubs do this.

DeAnza's technical director, Deza, who was responsible for much of DeAnza's posession style of play left for one of the DA clubs(Earthquakes) in the middle of the spring season, leaving DeAnza a total mess. Their 04 team didn't finish out the season and forfeited the rest of their games.
That's not exactly how it happened - maybe not even that close to how it happened - but there's no doubt the girls side of DeAnza is a mess - at least from 04's and older - and the 04 team did not finish out the season. It was announced ahead of time - but not before spring fees were collected - that Deza would be leaving at the end of the season and they would transition in new coaches. Several of the older teams were in the middle of the ECNL season and had the potential for playoffs. The 04's didn't have that. To add to the problems, DeAnza lost fields as their merger with Barcelona Bay Area Academy fell apart during the season. The 04's were told that the weekend home games would be re-scheduled only to see that the results were listed as 3-0 losses, forfeits. That was enough to cut ties for most - 3 families remained. Through this whole fiasco Deza has encouraged the girls to finish out their seasons with their ECNL teams. There's a lot more commentary and drama regarding this ongoing DeAnza train wreck on the board at nocalsoccer.com.

That's not exactly how it happened - maybe not even that close to how it happened - but there's no doubt the girls side of DeAnza is a mess - at least from 04's and older - and the 04 team did not finish out the season. It was announced ahead of time - but not before spring fees were collected - that Deza would be leaving at the end of the season and they would transition in new coaches. Several of the older teams were in the middle of the ECNL season and had the potential for playoffs. The 04's didn't have that. To add to the problems, DeAnza lost fields as their merger with Barcelona Bay Area Academy fell apart during the season. The 04's were told that the weekend home games would be re-scheduled only to see that the results were listed as 3-0 losses, forfeits. That was enough to cut ties for most - 3 families remained. Through this whole fiasco Deza has encouraged the girls to finish out their seasons with their ECNL teams. There's a lot more commentary and drama regarding this ongoing DeAnza train wreck on the board at nocalsoccer.com.
Wow...and I thought the Blues and the Ranch was a mess. Top team 2 years ago and probably Top 5-10 this past year in Cali... Just to show have fast soccer programs drop -DeAnza, OC Strikers...

Which part of my sentence that you quoted was incorrect? It seems consistent with everything you described.

Yes, I just heard about this mess with DeAnza/Deza a few weeks ago and I am now reading it...

Which part of my sentence that you quoted was incorrect? It seems consistent with everything you described.
Deza did not "leave DeAnza a total mess". Deza left the club with 3 teams in position to go to the ECNL playoffs - 01's, 02's, and 03's - and an 04 team that was of high caliber as well. The club created the mess by losing its fields and by various other missteps. Sorry to the SoCal folks for hijacking the thread. I actually came on here to find out about ManCity and what teams are what - Surf DA, Surf ECNL

CRL was an excellent league last year at the 04 level. It allowed us to get to play 90% of the top teams in So Cal (Slammers & WCFC didn't play). The winner of the league also gets a chance to represent Cal South at Far West Regionals which is a big deal. Just about every game last year was very competitive. You don't always get that in league play. If you are lucky enough to have played in the top tourneys you may get to play 2-3 of the top So Cal teams. CRL was a way to truly measure your success against the top brass.
With the only other Cal South ticket to FWR being the winner of National Cup it would be a shame to only see one Cal South team competing there. The CRL format guarantees another Cal South ticket to be punched. This year there will be "3". Since Nor Cal didn't have the requisite amount of teams competing in CRL Cal South has a play in for the final 04 spot at FWR. Real So Cal & LAGSD will face off this Saturday in Temecula. Get your popcorn ready!
Congratulations to Real So Cal for earning the final spot from So Cal for the Far West Regionals. The game ended in regulation at 1-1 and the same after the two overtime periods. RSC advanced after a 4-3 PK stanza. Both teams played some excellent soccer yesterday in sweltering conditions. Hats off to both. The Real So Cal keeper was fantastic yesterday. Good luck to Surf, Arsenal, and RSC at FWR. Bring it home for So Cal.

Back