CalSouth National Cup Question (use of ECNL players)

Whose job is it to decide what goes on Twitter and Facebook when it's a tainted win like that?
Again I hope that they go alllll the way and win the whole thing with ECNL players. It's all about development right?
I am at the point where I think US SOCCER has to enact a no tourney and no score rule until U16 to beat it into these coaches heads that what they are doing is bad news

It's also up to the parents to take their money elsewhere. That is what I would do if my daughter were at that club.

There is one team that actually had 7 or 8 ECNL players last weekend for Presidents..... and yes they did advance. Would be pretty embarrassing if they didn't.
I would say that this Team has a slight advantage over ANY of their competition with 7-8 Ecnl players. Presidents Cup is for "mid-level" competitive Teams aka "Silver level or equivalent" aka Tier 2 Teams! This Team will then get to represent Cal South in Utah in June for Presidents Cup Regional's and then move onto Florida in July for the National Presidents Cup Championship. I wonder how all of the Teams facing this team will feel? Great competition but not quite sure you are comparing apples to apples?

Do tell....which teams?
Okay, since no one disclosed, I went to look at all scores, and believe I found the teams. I can understand using bench ENCL players for National Cup but for President's Cup? If they do win, which they should, are they going to stay with the team through regional?

Okay, since no one disclosed, I went to look at all scores, and believe I found the teams. I can understand using bench ENCL players for National Cup but for President's Cup? If they do win, which they should, are they going to stay with the team through regional?
I guess it would depend on if it conflicts with their Ecnl schedule? :)

I guess it would depend on if it conflicts with their Ecnl schedule? :)
How many players are we talking about here? 1-3 ok I can see but 7-8 I didn't think you can club pass this many players...What happened to the rest of the players on the team? Did they get called up to the ECNL teams?

They have 7 ECNL players with them for Presidents Cup and it is not the bench players. The fall season team had a low roster and played short most of the season so had plenty of roster space for Presidents Cup to fill with the ECNL players. That's just how they roll.

They have 7 ECNL players with them for Presidents Cup and it is not the bench players. The fall season team had a low roster and played short most of the season so had plenty of roster space for Presidents Cup to fill with the ECNL players. That's just how they roll.
Is this the same Arsenal EGSL team that finished last in Europa East?

You guys need to read the ECNL handbook and rules. ECNL players are not allowed to play for non-ECNL teams unless released by the ECNL team. If you know for a fact that an ECNL player is playing on a non-ECNL team, than send an email to ECNL and report them. If true, ECNL will fine and sanction the team.

A player can be carded to a Cal South club and an ECNL club. This is most certainly already happening and been for the past few years.

BUT I think this question is really if Arsenal, Blues, Surf etc ECNl players will be used to play on EGLS teams in National Cup. My guess is yes some will be used.

Special shout out to a certain SD C team- yes C team- 2003 who used two ECNL players this weekend in thei bid for the illustrious Presidents State Cup 2003. How wonderful to see them out on the pitch

There is only one SD ECNL club - so you are saying the used ECNL players to play for the third team?

There is only one SD ECNL club - so you are saying the used ECNL players to play for the third team?
For the record, yes, we used two players from the ECNL team. We lost two players late in the season (one moved and the other had serious surgery) and going into state we had two girls sick and couldn't play. Having said this, we have two keepers on the roster so this left us with one sub. Coach elected to get extras and the only option was ECNL BUT they only played the first two games with us. (our game against RB was our third team with one sub) Not sure what RB's motive was carding 7 total ECNL players. I suspect with this team finishing last in Europa, he was potentially in the same boat as us - lost players (for other reasons than us! ;)). As a third team, I'm proud of our girls play and passion to compete, although we were a bit outmatched. We held Arsenal scoreless at half but they had too much horsepower late in the second. They got a goal off a corner and the AR called it offside but the CR came over to chat and ended up giving them another corner. They buried it into the net nicely off a header... I will say, they are a good group of girls and played a classy, tactical game! Good luck to them.

A player can be carded to a Cal South club and an ECNL club. This is most certainly already happening and been for the past few years.

BUT I think this question is really if Arsenal, Blues, Surf etc ECNl players will be used to play on EGLS teams in National Cup. My guess is yes some will be used.
I thought you can only club pass up to 5 players. Rumors are that there were 7 on RBs team. Not sure how this was possible; and if they played Flight 1 during season and have 7 ECNL girls, why not play National Cup.

For the record, yes, we used two players from the ECNL team. We lost two players late in the season (one moved and the other had serious surgery) and going into state we had two girls sick and couldn't play. Having said this, we have two keepers on the roster so this left us with one sub. Coach elected to get extras and the only option was ECNL BUT they only played the first two games with us. (our game against RB was our third team with one sub) Not sure what RB's motive was carding 7 total ECNL players. I suspect with this team finishing last in Europa, he was potentially in the same boat as us - lost players (for other reasons than us! ;)). As a third team, I'm proud of our girls play and passion to compete, although we were a bit outmatched. We held Arsenal scoreless at half but they had too much horsepower late in the second. They got a goal off a corner and the AR called it offside but the CR came over to chat and ended up giving them another corner. They buried it into the net nicely off a header... I will say, they are a good group of girls and played a classy, tactical game! Good luck to them.
Wow, what a karma! To bring ECNL players only to face another team with ECNL players. I would rather our team start and finish the State cup with what we have than bring in outside players, who will/will not be there through the end.

I thought you can only club pass up to 5 players. Rumors are that there were 7 on RBs team. Not sure how this was possible; and if they played Flight 1 during season and have 7 ECNL girls, why not play National Cup.

You bring up an intriguing question about a limit on club pass players. So I went to the NC rulebook (http://media.calsouth.com/data/Down.../2017/2017CSNationalCupV17100816.pdf?rev=114F).

1. So check out Team Eligibility (section 3.4 - Roster Continuity). It states that the roster must maintain a minimum of 9 players from the league play roster (SCDSL for this team) to the NC roster.
  2. Now check out section 3.7 (Roster Size). It states that an 03 team can have a tournament roster of 22 total players, but only 18 per game roster.
  3. Lastly, go to section 3.16.2 (Club Pass). It states that any NC team can club pass players as long as the roster meets the minimum 9 player "continuity of roster" rule.

So, with respects to the Arsenal team in question here, RB had the ability to add 10 ECNL players to this team via the Club Pass rule highlighted above. This assumes that the 12 players from the Fall roster are all still playing on this team and listed on the NC roster.

I am no fan of RB, but I don't believe he has violated any NC rule here.

Back