Anaheim Surf 06 Disqualified from State Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DD was recruited to play on this team at the beginning of the season and I feel so betrayed by the coach, manager and (returning) parents. They lied to my DD and myself. I hope that everyone who knew about this is punished. I don't care if it wasn't their daughter or idea, if they had information that this was happening and let it happen (like you mentioned above) then the parents and their children should be suspended from the league. I am pissed off and appalled that anyone would do this to 10 year olds. As of right now the team has not heard anything from ANYONE at the club, we are getting all of our information the same way all of you are which is BS
You need to demand a team meeting with Eddie Carrillo ASAP

Seems to me that this team is split in two between a group of parents who knew about any and all activities located in the greater OC area and a group of parents who are in the I.E.
uh trust me the majority of that team is Blues 06 Baker

Seems to me that this team is split in two between a group of parents who knew about any and all activities located in the greater OC area and a group of parents who are in the I.E.
So are saying that the parents who were most likely to have known about this are the same parents moving their kids to Blues? If so, why would someone want to be associated with that crowd?

For those saying Cal South shouldn't have waited so long. This is why it took them so long. The coach and team manager continue to deny everything. So in order for them to take action they needed to have this SOLID to where there was no denying it. You need to remember this team changed age groups and the player in question played with them last year. Among other things a new birth certificate just suddenly appeared in the book they carried to every game this year. That doesn't happen by itself. Other things were done too that clearly show that the coach and team manager knew all about this. Discussions were had in the open among the parents on the team last year as well. Many but not all of the parents from last year likely knew and didn't come forward. That's why I want the book thrown as hard at these people as possible. Unfortunately this will undoubtedly effect some kids, but their parents had multiple opportunities to prevent that from happening.

Interesting theory. But wouldn't CalSouth have had the birth certificate from the player in question from the year before? Why doesn't that come up in their system? If this player has been playing in CalSouth for 3-4 years, they should've already had the records and never allowed this player to play U11, if she's an 05. And I'd be careful about saying that there was a team meeting about "cheating" with returning parents. You're making a lot of accusations without any proof. Did you personally see 2 different birth certificates over the last 2 years? Or is all that you are writing hearsay?
This is a sad event, nonetheless. And I'm sure CalSouth will get to the bottom of this as it sounds like it's still somewhat in question.

Interesting theory. But wouldn't CalSouth have had the birth certificate from the player in question from the year before? Why doesn't that come up in their system? If this player has been playing in CalSouth for 3-4 years, they should've already had the records and never allowed this player to play U11, if she's an 05. And I'd be careful about saying that there was a team meeting about "cheating" with returning parents. You're making a lot of accusations without any proof. Did you personally see 2 different birth certificates over the last 2 years? Or is all that you are writing hearsay?
This is a sad event, nonetheless. And I'm sure CalSouth will get to the bottom of this as it sounds like it's still somewhat in question.

Setting aside the dialogue on what happened and how and who knew what, the team itself is at the end of the season and was in the semis at State Cup. They played almost every game slotted for them this season and may potentially miss one or maybe 2 games. They had a long run through both regular seasons, tournaments, and other games.

If the player was a returning player and not a brand new player, especially with the age changes, usually teammates moving together to a team know which year teammates they fall under before the split happened, from my experience. Not always but on the teams we've been on, people tend to know who was in which year before the split.

So are saying that the parents who were most likely to have known about this are the same parents moving their kids to Blues? If so, why would someone want to be associated with that crowd?
Why would Blues take them? I'm not certain at all, but I would assume that Baker is pretty set at his age groups. He never has to recruit. I mean, does his 06 team suck? Doubt it.

Why? They are all signed up for Blues now
Blues, nobody will make that drive. This team will be wearing Arsenal uniforms and RB will be coaching them on Monday

Team is definitely divided, perhaps more than just an even split.

You have those that will undoubtedly land at Blues. The rest will be interesting to see where they land, there's already history for some of these families having left Arsenal for a reason or Legends for that matter.

Staying local, Legends is definitely the shiny toy in the I.E. with all the DA buzz and the Pre-Academy teams having very positive early turnouts.

Arsenal is an uncertainty, as ECNL was their linchpin holding some of their better players in place, many of whom were represented at the Legends DA information night by their families already looking to move.

Other options include "smaller" clubs in the area where a player and their family could benefit from scaling back a bit and looking to reset. SGV - Surf, IE Surf, Freedom, Celtic, Stars, etc.

Truly heartbreaking for those kept in the dark on the team, and just disappointment from those who were involved in the transgressions.

Interesting theory. But wouldn't CalSouth have had the birth certificate from the player in question from the year before? Why doesn't that come up in their system? If this player has been playing in CalSouth for 3-4 years, they should've already had the records and never allowed this player to play U11, if she's an 05.
Multiple Player I.D.'s was the catalyst that began to substantiate the rumors into reality and set course in motion what ended up being multiple birth certificates.

See post #7

They are always recruiting.
Well, I suppose you're right. But, I don't think the process is typical recruiting , wouldn't you agree? What I mean is, how difficult or active is the recruiting process when the players just show up and you can pick n choose? Blues sells itself.

The fact that the team did well makes it so leadership should take this more seriously.

They played in national tournaments against teams outside the immediate area. Texas teams, Hawaii teams, etc. It doesn't lend itself to just a local issue, it becomes a national scandal for the area potentially as youth sports becomes larger.

Seems like every year somebody gets caught in State Cup. Most of the time, it is probably negligence on the part of a team's registrar. The registrar doesn't check the paperwork, takes the parent's word that the player was born on a certain day or year, and casually inputs the information into Calsouth's CORIS system. Bingo, the player is in. Calsouth does not require the registrar to scan a copy of the birth certificate or passport into its registration system, although there is a place to do it voluntarily. If Calsouth required a copy of the birth certificate or passport to be scanned into the system, it would cut down the cheating dramatically, and create a paper trail to prove where cheating exists.

For clubs which carefully check birth certificates and/or passports, even if they are copies and not originals, cheating must be very rare. For a family to cheat, they would either have to supply a false birth certificate for their child, such as the birth certificate of a friend or cousin, or alter the document provided. I'm sure this has happened on a couple of occasions, but it must be very, very rare. And when it is done, I'm sure the parent finds a way of rationalizing. (She should be able to play with her friends; her birthday is so near the cut-off anyway; she is small for her age ... .)

The problem with this type of cheating is that it is so easy to get caught. Players know each other from school and other events, and they know what each others' real names and birthdays are. They mention it to their parents. Parents mention it to the coaches. And coaches will sometimes rat them out. The risk of this happening in State Cup is much higher than during the season, because the stakes are perceived to be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back