Anaheim Surf 06 Disqualified from State Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in!!!

Anaheim Surf was disqualified from State Cup for registering and playing with an illegal player all season.

They had a 2005 girl on the roster

State Cup did not check birth certificates at all this year at check-in (atleast for our team at G2006 President's Cup). Most tournaments for that matter didn't look at birth certificates this season. Cheating to win soccer games with kids 10-11 years old (or in the case of Anaheim Surf 12 year olds I guess).....pathetic.

State Cup did not check birth certificates at all this year at check-in (atleast for our team at G2006 President's Cup). Most tournaments for that matter didn't look at birth certificates this season. Cheating to win soccer games with kids 10-11 years old (or in the case of Anaheim Surf 12 year olds I guess).....pathetic.

That is interesting. What about when they got their player card? It's been a while but I remember having to dig up my daughter's birth certificate at some point.

This just in!!!

Anaheim Surf was disqualified from State Cup for registering and playing with an illegal player all season.

They had a 2005 girl on the roster
They need to revoke player cards and serve suspensions. That is blatant cheating. It's too bad for other team members on Anaheim Surf.

They also should reverse any records in tournaments or leagues where the player played. Surprised they only found out now; it's the end of the soccer season.

At our club if you are new to the club you have to show the registrar a copy of your birth certificate. Not sure if all clubs do that and/or how closely it is checked. Plus that's only when you officially register with a team. If done for postseason not sure if you are required to do the same.

Did they not realize that they had to show birth certificates?

Pretty difficult to get rid of all those pesky documents that we have to submit each year. Unless this is somehow dis-proven my hope is we never see him coach another team ever again and to the parents that went along with it I hope they are never allowed to submit another registration/birth certificate again.

It takes two to tango. I'm sure the parents all knew this player was illegal all season. I wonder what makes them think they could of gotten away with this and no one finding out. Punish the coach, punish the manager, punish the other players for not reporting it, punish the club? Like I said, this isn't just one person to blame.

It takes two to tango. I'm sure the parents all knew this player was illegal all season. I wonder what makes them think they could of gotten away with this and no one finding out. Punish the coach, punish the manager, punish the other players for not reporting it, punish the club? Like I said, this isn't just one person to blame.

They did all that for trophies at the ULittle ages? Super shortsighted and weird.

I heard they had two 05 players.
Regardless, whether it was one or two I feel awful for those girls. Who does that to their kid?

i doubt ALL the parent knew. unless someone went to school with her etc. before laying everyone out lets get the facts first. player and parents knew. manager unless forged documents. i don't know the coach so maybe he did maybe he didn't.......remember the little league baseball team in chicago?...now that was a case everyone knew.

i doubt ALL the parent knew. unless someone went to school with her etc. before laying everyone out lets get the facts first. player and parents knew. manager unless forged documents. i don't know the coach so maybe he did maybe he didn't.......remember the little league baseball team in chicago?...now that was a case everyone knew.
I meant the player and her parents knew

My daughter is on Anaheim Surf and I can assure you that none of the parents or the coaches had any information on this. I'm not sure who they THINK is an 05 player but I'm hoping it all gets cleared up ASAP so we can play on Saturday. Our girls have worked very hard for this and deserve to be where they are.

Most of the team played together last year before the age change was announced and some of them long before that. I've learned recently that with regards to this specific player discussions were had last year seemingly out in the open when the other parents from the team were around about her needing to play 2005 because she was too old. I find it difficult to believe that anyone who was on the team last year was somehow oblivious. Think to your own teams last year wasn't everyone going hey what's your daughter 06 or 07?

There's a "?" at the end of my sentence, which implies who should get punished. I didn't say punish them all. I'm not that cynical. However I know more than 1 other players parents knew, these kids have birthday parties and they all talk about school etc. So I'm sure more than one person knew she was older other than the coach and manager. If you know something wrong is going on, and you don't report it, you are just as guilty, watch the news... To me, its the coach, managers and clubs fault for not knowing whats going on inside their walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back