Anaheim Surf 06 Disqualified from State Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is awesome...better than Sunday night HBO.

Anybody know the fate of the coach? If I were one of the innocent/clueless parents I would want him fired and have coaching licenses revoked at the very least.

They won't. He revived this team from the dead. They were scraping the bottom of the barrel before he took over. He's still a good coach. This will all be over before you know it and back to business as usual.

For all those who did know, shame on them. For all the families/kids who didn't know...its devastating to have worked so hard and have this happen. I feel for those who are innocent....but coach/manger had to have known? Unless they had falsified birth certificates? Its just wrong! My daughter is an 05, and she is small for her age, and at this age 11/12 girls really start to sprout...we have played some team with HUGE girls who look like they could drive, and I always joke..."I want to see their Birth Certificate" ....maybe now I actually should...seeing as people are doing it (not just for 1 game or tournament but for entire seasons!) Just wrong and shame on them.

I guess I'll get complaints about my daughter alot more now. She's an 05', late year birthday( September ). But she's 5'4 130 lbs, looks like she 15 and faster than most kids on the field.

You can argue good defensive play throughout the field is more important to actually winning. Furthermore, good defense, countering, and proper build-up play keys the offense, and often can be at least partially credited or blamed for a team's ability to score or not score. Moreover, every position plays offense and defense anyway you cut it.
Absolutely it should be about tactical development. I will trade a state cup title at U11 any day of the week if my kid develops the awareness that will translate to success at 15,16,17. We all get caught up in it no matter how hard we try but let's face it this is pretty insignificant in the big picture. All the more reason this whole situation is SO CRAZY

I guess I'll get complaints about my daughter alot more now. She's an 05', late year birthday( September ). But she's 5'4 130 lbs, looks like she 15 and faster than most kids on the field.

Nah, if she's born in the year she plays, then she's just an early bloomer. Everyone has different growth curves, some earlier, some later. But if you're 5'5" in heels, personally, I wouldn't expect her to be 6'0" tall and keep growing. That's all.

Damn - missed my opportunity to have my daughter play down! She's an August '05 but only 4'9" and 68 lbs! Granted, I know she'll grow (I'm 5'9") but we are a family of late bloomers. If only I would have thought of this sooner...

Everyone needs to chill! I've been around long enough to know that people are going to hate if you're team is good. Regardless of the situation, it's a little pathetic that this individual or individuals are out to get 11 year olds. Play the game it's called soccer people. In case we forgot what we are all here for. Thank you!

Damn - missed my opportunity to have my daughter play down! She's an August '05 but only 4'9" and 68 lbs! Granted, I know she'll grow (I'm 5'9") but we are a family of late bloomers. If only I would have thought of this sooner...
05 you say? Talk to Anaheim Surf. I think there's a spot open... LOL!

Everyone needs to chill! I've been around long enough to know that people are going to hate if you're team is good. Regardless of the situation, it's a little pathetic that this individual or individuals are out to get 11 year olds. Play the game it's called soccer people. In case we forgot what we are all here for. Thank you!
It's true, it's little girls soccer. But also, for that very reason, you shouldn't condone cheating either.

From what I understand, more people blame the parents.

No one is going after 11-year-olds. I think everyone has been pretty clear here that if the team was DQed because they had at least one '05 playing, then it is a shame for the families and girls that weren't involved. However, there were definitely some adults who knew what was going on and that's not cool and teams that played them this year have the right to be pissed. I don't understand what you are trying to say here, calm down, it's ok to cheat if it's just 11-year-olds playing soccer?

Ye
It's true, it's little girls soccer. But also, for that very reason, you shouldn't condone cheating either.

From what I understand, more people blame the parents.

Yeah I understand but at the same time all these little girls are being affected by all this and it's not ok either.

No one is going after 11-year-olds. I think everyone has been pretty clear here that if the team was DQed because they had at least one '05 playing, then it is a shame for the families and girls that weren't involved. However, there were definitely some adults who knew what was going on and that's not cool and teams that played them this year have the right to be pissed. I don't understand what you are trying to say here, calm down, it's ok to cheat if it's just 11-year-olds playing soccer?

No, you need to calm down and read what I said. And you seem to know quite a lot about what is going on.

Ye

Yeah I understand but at the same time all these little girls are being affected by all this and it's not ok either.

Yes! It is terrible for the girls and the adults who allowed it should be held responsible. Are those girls on this forum reading the reactions and you are worried they are being hurt by the comments? I still don't understand your "chill" comment.

Agreed. This team entered just about every tournament imaginable and parents are supposed to be ok that there were one or more players at the 05 age level? Ethics, safety, sportsmanship, fairness, equity were all completely disregarded for the sake of trophies. It's just not worth it. No one person on this blog has blamed any children. Parents in the know, coach, possibly manager, yes.

Yes! It is terrible for the girls and the adults who allowed it should be held responsible. Are those girls on this forum reading the reactions and you are worried they are being hurt by the comments? I still don't understand your "chill" comment.

No, I'm referring to parents about chilling out. And no obviously at some point they will find out about it. From gossipy parents I'm assuming.

Well congrats to Galaxy for advancing to the semi finals ! Glad they found out now instead of after things were over. I remember last year a boys team got the title stripped after they won and they gave it to the runner up rightfully so which is great but not the same as the champion being decided on the field.

Agreed. This team entered just about every tournament imaginable and parents are supposed to be ok that there were one or more players at the 05 age level? Ethics, safety, sportsmanship, fairness, equity were all completely disregarded for the sake of trophies. It's just not worth it. No one person on this blog has blamed any children. Parents in the know, coach, possibly manager, yes.

Ok let's just agree to disagree. Everyone is going to have different opinions about this matter. Life is subjective. Good luck to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back