Anaheim Surf 06 Disqualified from State Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not right, but... what is her 2005 birthday? Closer to Janaury or closer to December?
Not that it matters and you need to play by the rules, but an 11 month difference vs a 5 day difference is worth a bit of discussion on how much her birthday had an impact.

They won't. He revived this team from the dead. They were scraping the bottom of the barrel before he took over. He's still a good coach. This will all be over before you know it and back to business as usual.
They won't. He revived this team from the dead. They were scraping the bottom of the barrel before he took over. He's still a good coach. This will all be over before you know it and back to business as usual.

Sorry but not true. He may be knowledgable about soccer. But a good coach is a role model, positive influence and example for his players beyond just soccer. This doesn't fit into any of that.

It's not right, but... what is her 2005 birthday? Closer to Janaury or closer to December?
Not that it matters and you need to play by the rules, but an 11 month difference vs a 5 day difference is worth a bit of discussion on how much her birthday had an impact.
11 months? Try close to 2 years. What about the late dec 2006s playing against Jan 2005s? 4th graders against 6th graders? Shady

Ye

Yeah I understand but at the same time all these little girls are being affected by all this and it's not ok either.

I respectfully disagree. At 11 it is about life lessons that prepare you for life. Hoisting a U11 trophy this year will not change a girls life - learning about morals, ethics, consequences, and how poor decisions effect others does. Properly framed this can be a life learning experience for the crushed innocent girls. "Honey, I have terrible news - you know how you did everything right this year in regards to your work ethic at practice, supported your teammates, and became one of the best soccer teams in socal? Well this years run ends today (there is always next year) - and here is why - some of the leaders on your team (i.e.: coach, DOC, registrar, etc as appropriate) acted unethically. Likewise, some parents did as well. (then explain what happened) This is why it is so important in life to choose who will be your leader(s) and who you go to battle with. If your leaders and people you go to battle with in life act unethically they can bring you down with them unfairly - through no action of yours. I am so sorry, honey, this is so unfair. As your Dad I apologize for not better vetting your coach (leader) and organization (club) - right now that's my job, later in life that will be your job picking your leaders and teammates"

I know it is too easy for me to say because it is not my daughter, but this is a chance to try to make lemons out of lemonade . . . and impart some life wisdom in the process to the poor affected girls

Ok let's just agree to disagree. Everyone is going to have different opinions about this matter. Life is subjective. Good luck to you all.

It's difficult to believe you'd have this opinion if you truly knew what was going on. This wasn't an accident or the work of a rogue parent that somehow the coach/team manager/other parents didn't know what was going on. For the parents that joined the team this year and didn't know I feel bad for you, but if your child played on that team last year it's almost impossible for you to have been oblivious to what was going on. Further for the coach and the team manager there is just no escape from responsibility here.

Pissed you bet I'm pissed. Kudos to Cal South for taking the actions they did so far. Cal South needs to ensure the safety and integrity of the games our kids play in I'm expecting them to absolutely throw the book at everyone involved starting with the coach, the manager, and the player. If they don't they can count on me to not just simply let this go. For those that think the player should escape I just refuse to believe any documentation they produce for her going forward.

I respectfully disagree. At 11 it is about life lessons that prepare you for life. Hoisting a U11 trophy this year will not change a girls life - learning about morals, ethics, consequences, and how poor decisions effect others does. Properly framed this can be a life learning experience for the crushed innocent girls. "Honey, I have terrible news - you know how you did everything right this year in regards to your work ethic at practice, supported your teammates, and became one of the best soccer teams in socal? Well this years run ends today (there is always next year) - and here is why - some of the leaders on your team (i.e.: coach, DOC, registrar, etc as appropriate) acted unethically. Likewise, some parents did as well. (then explain what happened) This is why it is so important in life to choose who will be your leader(s) and who you go to battle with. If your leaders and people you go to battle with in life act unethically they can bring you down with them unfairly - through no action of yours. I am so sorry, honey, this is so unfair. As your Dad I apologize for not better vetting your coach (leader) and organization (club) - right now that's my job, later in life that will be your job picking your leaders and teammates"

I know it is too easy for me to say because it is not my daughter, but this is a chance to try to make lemons out of lemonade . . . and impart some life wisdom in the process to the poor affected girls
It's difficult to believe you'd have this opinion if you truly knew what was going on. This wasn't an accident or the work of a rogue parent that somehow the coach/team manager/other parents didn't know what was going on. For the parents that joined the team this year and didn't know I feel bad for you, but if your child played on that team last year it's almost impossible for you to have been oblivious to what was going on. Further for the coach and the team manager there is just no escape from responsibility here.

Pissed you bet I'm pissed. Kudos to Cal South for taking the actions they did so far. Cal South needs to ensure the safety and integrity of the games our kids play in I'm expecting them to absolutely throw the book at everyone involved starting with the coach, the manager, and the player. If they don't they can count on me to not just simply let this go. For those that think the player should escape I just refuse to believe any documentation they produce for her going forward.

Let's not get involved with the player. Reminder: this player is a little girl. Next time you pour your heart out keep it to a minimum. Thank you Kickinitdad

Anaheim Surf had a lot of good 10 year old dd's on the team that worked hard and progressed as soccer players this year. That said this is a discrace. My daughter plays club soccer because she loves it and pushes herself to be the best she can be, and plays at the highest level she can. Well my Anaheim Surf daughter learned today that this is a team sport, and one bad apple can ruin it for everyone and her teams hard work. I did not know any of this, and I assure you no one even hinted that this was a possibility. There has been lots of other drama on this team this year, but the girls were not a part of any of it. The girls love each other and play for each other. Too bad a few unscrupulous parents and coach can do so much damage to a whole league and age group.

I feel ashamed to be a part of this, even though I had no idea of the fraudulent behavior. it's like a bad dream that I wished never happened. I feel bad for every kid in this age group that played us with an unfair advantage, and for the innocent girls on this Anaheim Surf team that now have to look back on a year of un earned achievements.

This is 10 year old girls playing soccer, the most important thing is that next year they love playing soccer and are more progressed than they were the year before. This kind of behavior of lying and cheating has no part in this sport and in Cal South.

I know Anaheim is not the only team to have had coaches and parents act inappropriate on the side lines this year in this age group, I hope moving forward as a parent supporting their dd, that we can all hold ourselves, coaches and other parents to a higher standard and let our girls just play the game they love with out all the bs and un needed pressure of having to win at all costs and having to somehow play to their mom and dads expectation.

I think sports teaches a lot of lessons and my daughter for one has learned that cheaters never prosper and you are the company you keep. Hopefully we will make a wiser choice next year and have better company.

Also remember all your comments reflect on someone's young daughter, I have no problem holding the adults accountable,but it hurts me as a father to read some of these comments, I know they make you feel better but try to remember you are talking about kids.

Anaheim Surf had a lot of good 10 year old dd's on the team that worked hard and progressed as soccer players this year. That said this is a discrace. My daughter plays club soccer because she loves it and pushes herself to be the best she can be, and plays at the highest level she can. Well my Anaheim Surf daughter learned today that this is a team sport, and one bad apple can ruin it for everyone and her teams hard work. I did not know any of this, and I assure you no one even hinted that this was a possibility. There has been lots of other drama on this team this year, but the girls were not a part of any of it. The girls love each other and play for each other. Too bad a few unscrupulous parents and coach can do so much damage to a whole league and age group.

I feel ashamed to be a part of this, even though I had no idea of the fraudulent behavior. it's like a bad dream that I wished never happened. I feel bad for every kid in this age group that played us with an unfair advantage, and for the innocent girls on this Anaheim Surf team that now have to look back on a year of un earned achievements.

This is 10 year old girls playing soccer, the most important thing is that next year they love playing soccer and are more progressed than they were the year before. This kind of behavior of lying and cheating has no part in this sport and in Cal South.

I know Anaheim is not the only team to have had coaches and parents act inappropriate on the side lines this year in this age group, I hope moving forward as a parent supporting their dd, that we can all hold ourselves, coaches and other parents to a higher standard and let our girls just play the game they love with out all the bs and un needed pressure of having to win at all costs and having to somehow play to their mom and dads expectation.

I think sports teaches a lot of lessons and my daughter for one has learned that cheaters never prosper and you are the company you keep. Hopefully we will make a wiser choice next year and have better company.

Also remember all your comments reflect on someone's young daughter, I have no problem holding the adults accountable,but it hurts me as a father to read some of these comments, I know they make you feel better but try to remember you are talking about kids.
I feel bad for your dd and the rest of the innocent ones LGM has the DOC or Coach responded at all to you guys on this?

Everyone needs to chill! I've been around long enough to know that people are going to hate if you're team is good. Regardless of the situation, it's a little pathetic that this individual or individuals are out to get 11 year olds. Play the game it's called soccer people. In case we forgot what we are all here for. Thank you!
I don't think anyone is out to get 11 year olds here. I have yet to read a comment on this thread that is doing anything but calling out the adults involved. What's pathetic is to minimize this at all. This is adults USING thier little girls to grab some worthless trophies and medals, or because they put winning above everything else. Congrats!

Everyone needs to chill! I've been around long enough to know that people are going to hate if you're team is good. Regardless of the situation, it's a little pathetic that this individual or individuals are out to get 11 year olds. Play the game it's called soccer people. In case we forgot what we are all here for. Thank you!
While reading this post, I half expected you to recommend we all run out and buy Ivanka Trump's clothing line!

Wait - is this coach also the Girls Youth Director of Coaching for the club?? I wanted to see the name of this coach and saw that title. Makes this even worse--ugh

This just in!!!

Anaheim Surf was disqualified from State Cup for registering and playing with an illegal player all season.

They had a 2005 girl on the roster
Just some background on this situation - the coach coach's High School Soccer
Wait - is this coach also the Girls Youth Director of Coaching for the club?? I wanted to see the name of this coach and saw that title. Makes this even worse--ugh
Do you think the DOC will fire the coach? They work together at the same high school and the coach also coachs the DOC's daughter on the high school soccer team...What a mess

Coach is still claiming innocence, and saying the player is an 06 even though there is evidence that proves otherwise.

For those saying Cal South shouldn't have waited so long. This is why it took them so long. The coach and team manager continue to deny everything. So in order for them to take action they needed to have this SOLID to where there was no denying it. You need to remember this team changed age groups and the player in question played with them last year. Among other things a new birth certificate just suddenly appeared in the book they carried to every game this year. That doesn't happen by itself. Other things were done too that clearly show that the coach and team manager knew all about this. Discussions were had in the open among the parents on the team last year as well. Many but not all of the parents from last year likely knew and didn't come forward. That's why I want the book thrown as hard at these people as possible. Unfortunately this will undoubtedly effect some kids, but their parents had multiple opportunities to prevent that from happening.

You and your DD are exactly the ones we feel for in this situation.

For those saying Cal South shouldn't have waited so long. This is why it took them so long. The coach and team manager continue to deny everything. So in order for them to take action they needed to have this SOLID to where there was no denying it. You need to remember this team changed age groups and the player in question played with them last year. Among other things a new birth certificate just suddenly appeared in the book they carried to every game this year. That doesn't happen by itself. Other things were done too that clearly show that the coach and team manager knew all about this. Discussions were had in the open among the parents on the team last year as well. Many but not all of the parents from last year likely knew and didn't come forward. That's why I want the book thrown as hard at these people as possible. Unfortunately this will undoubtedly effect some kids, but their parents had multiple opportunities to prevent that from happening.

My DD was recruited to play on this team at the beginning of the season and I feel so betrayed by the coach, manager and (returning) parents. They lied to my DD and myself. I hope that everyone who knew about this is punished. I don't care if it wasn't their daughter or idea, if they had information that this was happening and let it happen (like you mentioned above) then the parents and their children should be suspended from the league. I am pissed off and appalled that anyone would do this to 10 year olds. As of right now the team has not heard anything from ANYONE at the club, we are getting all of our information the same way all of you are which is BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back