Albion Cup G04

It's absolutely amazing how several people can describe a completely different game based on who their daughter is. It will be nice what the DA video starts and the "proof is on the video" :)
And what is wrong with inviting a team into your third, getting their fullbacks to commit to the press and countering with a direct ball? Why is that called kickball?

I watched the Albion team all weekend because my friends daughter is on that team and they played beautiful soccer and I was shocked that they had only been practicing together for a couple months. Very impressed with Toumi and his style of coaching.. they dominated every game up to the final and I would say their possession was about equal and agree that at times Galaxy played some kickball but appropriate. The Albion defenders did a great job and I would say I agree that the score could have been a lot higher because Albion seemed to be missing their midfield this game and had a hard time getting the ball up and when they did they were met with several defenders..Galaxy overall was bigger and stronger and their defense did an awesome job of stopping the two big girls on Albions front line which the previous teams could not.. I would love to see the re-match.. it was good soccer and both teams should be proud.

You created a profile today to comment on your friends daughters team? You went to your friends daughters final game at 8 am Monday morning?

My daughter is an 07 and just learning about all this DA stuff and teams, clubs..ect. He told me about this site and that it provided a lot of info and agree and enjoying the post and information.

@Kicker4Life hey you know my philosophy on that- I come from a full court press team ok! Not speaking about this game but in general the issue is when the ball isn't in the air and it's predictably hit to corners on a long ball by a defender repeatedly. Another thing I don't agree with from a style perspective is when balls are headed over and over again from the midfield rather than collected. When wingers are used over a CM it's odd to me. I used to love to watch CDA Slammers back in the day they had a true creactive talent in the middle who collected and distributed. Of course also the Denaza Force CM also used to make a mockery of teams as well!
Now I love ya but I honestly don't believe many defenders who do this are "thinking" and it's more of a donkey kick.

@Kicker4Life hey you know my philosophy on that- I come from a full court press team ok! Not speaking about this game but in general the issue is when the ball isn't in the air and it's predictably hit to corners on a long ball by a defender repeatedly. Another thing I don't agree with from a style perspective is when balls are headed over and over again from the midfield rather than collected. When wingers are used over a CM it's odd to me. I used to love to watch CDA Slammers back in the day they had a true creactive talent in the middle who collected and distributed. Of course also the Denaza Force CM also used to make a mockery of teams as well!
Now I love ya but I honestly don't believe many defenders who do this are "thinking" and it's more of a donkey kick.
Wasn't directing the comment towards you, I was tacking on to what you said. The kickball reference was in response to SoccerWise 's analysis but I now understand.

Once again to your point above, not many teams out there can or are even coached in a manner to play the strategic game. I can only think of about 4 maybe 5.

One quick way to tell is of the long ball comes immediately after the Outside mid or holding mid drops it back to the defender and the striker is already timing the play.

I think you and I agree....

Last edited:
You created a profile today to comment on your friends daughters team? You went to your friends daughters final game at 8 am Monday morning?

I went to see a friend of mine's daughter play. Her daughter and her club team come to a lot of my player's games so I go to see any games that are convenient. I was at a game at 7am on Saturday. My spouse looked at me funny when I was leaving the house at 6:30 on a Saturday morning with no college games for a few weeks. When I mentioned who I was going to see I was told to bring back a soy latte.

Some people do watch other people's kid's play. I am a bit of a soccer junkie so I watch anything from U12 Albion soccer to Bundesliga games. Good luck to you and your daughter @chargerfan . I can't wait to see how her journey progresses.

I went to see a friend of mine's daughter play. Her daughter and her club team come to a lot of my player's games so I go to see any games that are convenient. I was at a game at 7am on Saturday. My spouse looked at me funny when I was leaving the house at 6:30 on a Saturday morning with no college games for a few weeks. When I mentioned who I was going to see I was told to bring back a soy latte.

Some people do watch other people's kid's play. I am a bit of a soccer junkie so I watch anything from U12 Albion soccer to Bundesliga games. Good luck to you and your daughter @chargerfan . I can't wait to see how her journey progresses.

I am certain I will be doing the same once there are no kids in the house! Although I hope at some point I will have grandkids to watch!

I watched the Albion team all weekend because my friends daughter is on that team and they played beautiful soccer and I was shocked that they had only been practicing together for a couple months. Very impressed with Toumi and his style of coaching.. they dominated every game up to the final and I would say their possession was about equal and agree that at times Galaxy played some kickball but appropriate. The Albion defenders did a great job and I would say I agree that the score could have been a lot higher because Albion seemed to be missing their midfield this game and had a hard time getting the ball up and when they did they were met with several defenders..Galaxy overall was bigger and stronger and their defense did an awesome job of stopping the two big girls on Albions front line which the previous teams could not.. I would love to see the re-match.. it was good soccer and both teams should be proud.

100% an Albion parent. 95% an Albion parent of a defender.

I count five Albion brags and one excuse that only a parent would know about (missing players).

LAME!

Back