Albion Cup G04

The wolf is coming out of hiding on that comment. Chargerfan you are clueless if you believe Copa Del Mar has better teams in it then Albion in the 04 level. Just clueless.

I believe there are only 4 teams at Albion that played flight 1 last year. Correct me if I am wrong. There is less competition at copa, but all teams flight 1. More competition doesn't mean better competition.

I believe there are only 4 teams at Albion that played flight 1 last year. Correct me if I am wrong. There is less competition at copa, but all teams flight 1. More competition doesn't mean better competition.
I am not familiar with who played which flight last year but looking at Copa there is a 4 team flight and 1 team looks way out of its league. So only 3 worthy teams? No semi finals and you get stuck playing 1 team twice.

Just looking at your team at Albion, you tied 1 game, only advanced by 1 goal and won the semi-final by a score of 1-0. Plus the final will be against a team you have not played yet.

Maybe there is a huge price difference in the tournaments to justify Copa (playing 1 less game and 1 team twice)?

I am not familiar with who played which flight last year but looking at Copa there is a 4 team flight and 1 team looks way out of its league. So only 3 worthy teams? No semi finals and you get stuck playing 1 team twice.

Just looking at your team at Albion, you tied 1 game, only advanced by 1 goal and won the semi-final by a score of 1-0. Plus the final will be against a team you have not played yet.

Maybe there is a huge price difference in the tournaments to justify Copa (playing 1 less game and 1 team twice)?
What are you trying to say? Copa has 2 good teams. Sharks and Surf ECNL. Albion has Albion, Notts, LAGSD and Beach Godiva. What am I missing?

When you say Flight 1, do you mean the top division in their respective league? Cause 3 of the 4 teams in Copa don't even play in SCDSL.

Last edited:
What are you trying to say? Copa has 2 good teams. Sharks and Surf ECNL. Albion has Albion, Notts, LAGSD and Beach Godiva. What am I missing?

I agree all those teams are good. But that's 4 out of the 16 teams in flight 1.

Rebels isn't a bad team. It sounds like breakers lost some key players so it was tough to see them struggle this weekend. Honestly I think we should just have surf cup and blues cup. We don't need two or theee tournaments every weekend.

I am agreeing with you. Although I was including Rebels as a 3rd decent team at Copa since it does not look like they got blown out.

At Albion most of the games look close and your team did not have a cakewalk to the finals so I am not sure what Chargerfan is complaining about. Did knotts borrow players? Being equal distance between Albion DA and Sharks ENCL I would think they would not get players. Is the Beach team their DA team?

With

Last edited:
Don't forget about Cda Slammers Segovia also at Albion. They lost to West Coast DA in pks in the final at Cerritos and lost by a goal in the final at Slammers classic to Slammers DA. They are playing some really good soccer.

I am agreeing with you. Although I was including Rebels as a 3rd decent team at Copa since it does not look like they got blown out.

At Albion most of the games look close and your team did not have a cakewalk to the finals so I am not sure what Chargerfan is complaining about. Did knotts borrow players? Is the Beach team their DA team?

I'm not complaining since I have no skin in that game. I was only surprised at the number of flight 2 teams playing in the top flight.

That is not Beach DA.

I agree all those teams are good. But that's 4 out of the 16 teams in flight 1.

Rebels isn't a bad team. It sounds like breakers lost some key players so it was tough to see them struggle this weekend. Honestly I think we should just have surf cup and blues cup. We don't need two or theee tournaments every weekend.
Talk to your team about doing less tournaments.

I'm not complaining since I have no skin in that game. I was only surprised at the number of flight 2 teams playing in the top flight.

That is not Beach DA.
Sorry I thought you were a Carlsbad homeboy. Did you see any of the games to see how close they were instead of basing it on last year's flights. I suspect that with DA and ENCL there has been a lot of movement, especially since this is the age when kids seem to get serious or drop out, as well as kids maturing physically.

No worries. Carlsbad did squeak through barely. Most of the games were close, but most of those were flight 2 teams playing against each other. I still think beyond surf cup and maybe blues cup, tournaments are nothing more than a money maker.

No worries. Carlsbad did squeak through barely. Most of the games were close, but most of those were flight 2 teams playing against each other. I still think beyond surf cup and maybe blues cup, tournaments are nothing more than a money maker.
You really sound like you are holding on to some resentment towards Albion. All in all you are entitled to your opinion Even though it is factually incorrect.

Back