Albion Cup G04

As is stated above you pick the best fit for your kid. The fact that Albion markets Development like Surf and so many other clubs is a joke. When a better player or in this case half a team comes in and wins spots on the top team, remember that there is no club loyalty. I think that a lot of people have stopped drinking the KOI AIDE a year or two back, but are still drinking from the Albion well. Pick the coach, not the club! Toumi is a great one and a few others at Albion but it is not across the board.

Also I would disagree with the Sharks coach being good. He is another screamer.

As is stated above you pick the best fit for your kid. The fact that Albion markets Development like Surf and so many other clubs is a joke. When a better player or in this case half a team comes in and wins spots on the top team, remember that there is no club loyalty. I think that a lot of people have stopped drinking the KOI AIDE a year or two back, but are still drinking from the Albion well. Pick the coach, not the club! Toumi is a great one and a few others at Albion but it is not across the board.

And Toumi is not?

But why is that an issue? It's possible to develop on a second team and then move up albeit I don't see it a lot. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and if a club has consistently not advanced at a particular age group In terms of tourneys, goals, State Cup play, and their current age group isn't strong there is truly nothing wrong with what is happening. You could not have competed with that former group!
What I have said and still believe is the REAL TEST will be at next DA tryouts when the girls will be going into 8th grade. I think we will see a lot more people who realized that they are not being challenged with the ECNL circuit in our area at 04 and want out and come to the DA. Then I think we will see a TRUE shakeup. I am not going to go into specifics but I can sure tell you there are certain girls on certain ECNL teams who were promised moves up within a club and are finding out it's a lie. What does that mean? It means that the girls who had never completed at that level but found themselves on a DA team for whatever reason will be displaced, and fast .

I saw
Sharks lost 8 players this year from the original Toumi team, witch know is Albion DA. Lol

I saw that Albion DA team and talked to Toumi. It was evident there is a lot of talent on that team, but they need some work on the chemistry. In a couple months they should be really good.

Reactions: #24
I saw

I saw that Albion DA team and talked to Toumi. It was evident there is a lot of talent on that team, but they need some work on the chemistry. In a couple months they should be really good.

4 and 6 are the playmakers on that team (disclosure family not either). Soccer iq way up there!

Toumi does raise his voice but does not scream like the Sharks coach. I have only seen him coach older boys games but the screaming was beyond belief.

Think you have the wrong coach - Goran coaches girls teams. Have never seen him scream.

That's true I totally agree which is why I don't judge what any of them choose to do honestly. It's all about the right choice for your daughter and what coach "gets" her. I was noticing though how phenomenal Toumi is. I have to say pretty interesting that this coach has pretty much lived in the local club scene for a long time. CSC, SHARKS, and now Albion. I heard what he was saying to the girls this weekend and I am not the only one who was really impressed with who he is, what he is teaching and focusing on, how he was coaching them. Seems to be a real asset to build a program.
This makes me wonder what other local gems are hiding out at the community clubs????? What other true teachers of the game are hiding ???

A small SD club with some excellent coaches is Riptide in Point Loma. A good number of them are respected college coaches. Good possession style coaches, but the club is small and they do not have a large player pool. It also does not help that they are in the same geographical area as Albion.

No I have the right guy. He use to coach for Surf. Bald and Eastern Europeanaccent.

Goran is usually fairly mellow and instructive with what he says to the players without joysticking them. If he was with Surf, that was a long long time ago.

A small SD club with some excellent coaches is Riptide in Point Loma. A good number of them are respected college coaches. Good possession style coaches, but the club is small and they do not have a large player pool. It also does not help that they are in the same geographical area as Albion.
The problem with Riptide is that MN is an amazing soccer coach, not a marketing guru like NG and does not bend the truth. Their fields are in a great location and if you have MN, JD or TC you are fortunate. Another example of picking the right coach!

The problem with Riptide is that MN is an amazing soccer coach, not a marketing guru like NG and does not bend the truth. Their fields are in a great location and if you have MN, JD or TC you are fortunate. Another example of picking the right coach!

Would you mind giving names instead of initials? I have never heard of Riptide or those coaches.

Goran is usually fairly mellow and instructive with what he says to the players without joysticking them. If he was with Surf, that was a long long time ago.
The keyword here is fairly mellow. He's a great coach, but does get animated at times when girls don't play the way he wants them to.

The problem with this post is you are giving a backhanded compliment and it comes acts as as snarky and elitist. I don't know what game you are watching but the ball movement was night and day.
Also it is clear your roster was 2022 grad dates. It was watching full grown women vs a group who hasn't hit puberty- relative age effect in full view.
The score could not have been 5-0. Sorry man you didn't have that many chances.
As far as Albion again the free kick I assume is what you consider a shot- and your keeper was great but no she didn't calmly deflect anything. There were a lot more chances than that beautiful build ups.
I assume everyone else will chime in but let me say on terms of ball movement Albion dominated the first half. It was clear they don't play long ball to the wings. When a team is connecting eight plus passes you don't sleep on them. Second half different story altogether but still held them 0.
This gets into the whole USC vs whoever argument. Direct wins championships I get it which is why I made no comment about Carlsbad. You should be gracious in the win. We should all wish for development and better play.
I would love to watch Albion vs Dido. That will be beautiful soccer.
I watched the Albion team all weekend because my friends daughter is on that team and they played beautiful soccer and I was shocked that they had only been practicing together for a couple months. Very impressed with Toumi and his style of coaching.. they dominated every game up to the final and I would say their possession was about equal and agree that at times Galaxy played some kickball but appropriate. The Albion defenders did a great job and I would say I agree that the score could have been a lot higher because Albion seemed to be missing their midfield this game and had a hard time getting the ball up and when they did they were met with several defenders..Galaxy overall was bigger and stronger and their defense did an awesome job of stopping the two big girls on Albions front line which the previous teams could not.. I would love to see the re-match.. it was good soccer and both teams should be proud.

It's absolutely amazing how several people can describe a completely different game based on who their daughter is. It will be nice what the DA video starts and the "proof is on the video" :)

Back