2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

I'm confused. My player was in a scrimmage against the u-18s last night. Anyway the national team lost 3-2 against a combine team put together by klimokova. Fun game to watch. KP is a baller and so is her fellow Stanford commit. If they choose to play those two the way Klimkova does they will be tough!

I am aware that there was a combined team put together that played the U18's. I also heard that the U18's were going to scrimmage $C. It would have been nice to go check those games out but my teen had other plans.

Regarding Stanford. They are loaded every year. It's going to be tough for any new player to break into that starting lineup especially when Sullivan comes back. If I was to bet I would say that MH and KP are locks to start. CK and CM will be in the running. The real question for them is who is going to play centerback next to Cook. With Amack transferring all of a sudden that becomes a hole and against their schedule that could be a problem. Again this is a first world problem but against the tougher attacking teams in the country that could be a problem.

I am aware that there was a combined team put together that played the U18's. I also heard that the U18's were going to scrimmage $C. It would have been nice to go check those games out but my teen had other plans.

Regarding Stanford. They are loaded every year. It's going to be tough for any new player to break into that starting lineup especially when Sullivan comes back. If I was to bet I would say that MH and KP are locks to start. CK and CM will be in the running. The real question for them is who is going to play centerback next to Cook. With Amack transferring all of a sudden that becomes a hole and against their schedule that could be a problem. Again this is a first world problem but against the tougher attacking teams in the country that could be a problem.
SS is an awesome CB. Might have to hit the weight room tho

There were two games...they split up the 18's...the first game was the one gkent talking about....they were calling it vs "ODP"girls...and then the second game of the night was vs USC...
Not sure what the first score game score was vs ODP-- I heard it was close (maybe 2-3?) and the second score was told to me as 3-3 vs USC.
We wanted to go as well, but DD had a training last night and game this morning...heard it was good tho!!

There were two games...they split up the 18's...the first game was the one gkent talking about....they were calling it vs "ODP"girls...and then the second game of the night was vs USC...
Not sure what the first score game score was vs ODP-- I heard it was close (maybe 2-3?) and the second score was told to me as 3-3 vs USC.
We wanted to go as well, but DD had a training last night and game this morning...heard it was good tho!!

The score was 3-2 "ODP" girls. I would have stayed if I knew they were playing USC!

USC 1 0 over Fullerton today, very even game. USC has some pretty stout girls out there. USC beat up on CS LA, just say the last 20 minutes though.
Fullerton always has a strong squad.
From what I have seen from USC this spring, they are not the same team they were last season.
That was an awesome team.

To be fair, it was the second game back to back for SC, but not really that impressive.

Let's give them some time. I don't expect them to be as strong as last year but they should still be somewhere between 3 and 6 in the Pac 12. Them, Utah, Colorado, Cal and UDub will be fighting for the spots behind Stanford and UCLA. Should be another interesting season and another season of the haves and have not's. The Cardinal and Bruins will likely each have 9-10 wins in conference and there will be several teams with 6-8 wins bunched behind them and 5 teams that will have 1-5 wins.

@Bernie Sanders I see that the waves are hosting Texas A&M on the 18 of August to open the season. They are a solid team but the Waves are the toughest team on their cupcake schedule. If that game is early enough I might want to check that out.

Natilie K. was a long time club team mate of my kid.
She is as good a (women's) soccer player as you will find. (anywhere)

I remember her. You guys at one point had her, your daughter, Katie P and Leah P if I remember correctly. Maybe if I had my daughter play up a year they would have been teammates and she wouldn't have left WCFC.

I remember her. You guys at one point had her, your daughter, Katie P and Leah P if I remember correctly. Maybe if I had my daughter play up a year they would have been teammates and she wouldn't have left WCFC.
NK always played a year up.
From u-littles, all the way until she played down to her age the last year.
My kid never played with KP, but had a couple great seasons with LP.

I am definitely going to try. It's all going to depend upon another game that I believe will be later in the day so I can go to Malibu first.
If the game is on Friday, they usually play at 3:00
On Sundays they go at 1:00.

Tavern 1 has a good burger, and Sculpin on draft at a remarkably fair price.

Back