2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

I don't guess much

I read the article

Did you read what the UCLA coach said in the article?

Not once did they mention NFL players

Obviously you did not read it,

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick began sitting, and later kneeling, during the national anthem in August 2016, which has prompted a number of athletes at all levels to do the same in protest of racial oppression and police brutality.

Megan Rapinoe of the Seattle Reign and U.S. women’s national soccer team knelt during the anthem in September 2016. USWNT responded with a policy that requires everyone representing the team to stand during the anthem. Rapinoe now stands but refrains from coming onto the field until after the music is over.

Fleming, a Canadian, is one of three international players who took a knee during the anthem at Arizona. She was joined by fellow Canadian and freshman defender Kennedy Faulknor from Ontario, Canada, and sophomore goalkeeper Teagan Micah, who is from Queensland, Australia.

Six members of the UCLA squad, including two members of the coaching staff, knelt during the anthem before their game against the Wildcats. A few more Bruins knelt before notching a victory over Utah four days later.

“We’re supporting racial equality and racial justice. We make it known that the team is together and unified,” said coach Amanda Cromwell. “We have two veterans on our staff. I know the country is divided a little bit, but we honor our military by kneeling.”

Why is it so hard for you to answer the question, do you stand for our anthem?

Sorry didn't see your question

Joey my father served 25 years and many of my uncle's also served.

I stand up

Btw this is what the article said

"We’re supporting racial equality and racial justice. We make it known that the team is together and unified,” said coach Amanda Cromwell. “We have two veterans on our staff. I know the country is divided a little bit, but we honor our military by kneeling.”

I already told you what I think, now you tell me why you think they are taking a knee and if you stand or kneel for the anthem.

I know why so why don't you just drop it. Two of the coaches are military veterans. Don't go there. Let's keep politics out of this. They are an amazing group of women and that is a fact. Don't question their patriotism or their beliefs. Unlike in this country although they all don't share the same opinions they are all unified in their cause.

So step off.

Wrong platform, poor timing.
I am sure some of there gripes are justified, but I like most of America believe there are far better places to do this.

Wrong platform? White privilege has the benefit of choosing the platform. The one African American player on the team saw an injustice and ALL of her teammates supported her. Please don't bother to reply to this with some BS unless you are ready for a firestorm.

Obviously you did not read it,

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick began sitting, and later kneeling, during the national anthem in August 2016, which has prompted a number of athletes at all levels to do the same in protest of racial oppression and police brutality.

Megan Rapinoe of the Seattle Reign and U.S. women’s national soccer team knelt during the anthem in September 2016. USWNT responded with a policy that requires everyone representing the team to stand during the anthem. Rapinoe now stands but refrains from coming onto the field until after the music is over.

Fleming, a Canadian, is one of three international players who took a knee during the anthem at Arizona. She was joined by fellow Canadian and freshman defender Kennedy Faulknor from Ontario, Canada, and sophomore goalkeeper Teagan Micah, who is from Queensland, Australia.

Six members of the UCLA squad, including two members of the coaching staff, knelt during the anthem before their game against the Wildcats. A few more Bruins knelt before notching a victory over Utah four days later.

“We’re supporting racial equality and racial justice. We make it known that the team is together and unified,” said coach Amanda Cromwell. “We have two veterans on our staff. I know the country is divided a little bit, but we honor our military by kneeling.”

Don't even F'ing go there @Sheriff Joe . You know who's kid you are referring to right?

I know why so why don't you just drop it. Two of the coaches are military veterans. Don't go there. Let's keep politics out of this. They are an amazing group of women and that is a fact. Don't question their patriotism or their beliefs. Unlike in this country although they all don't share the same opinions they are all unified in their cause.

So step off.
I am sure they are amazing women, if they didn't want attention then they should have chosen a different way to do this.

Wrong platform? White privilege has the benefit of choosing the platform. The one African American player on the team saw an injustice and ALL of her teammates supported her. Please don't bother to reply to this with some BS unless you are ready for a firestorm.
I don't care who they are or what color they are, I don't think it is the right place for a protest, that's all.

Back